It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 287
<< 284  285  286    288  289  290 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

I know that was posted by Hal Turner..........and I have not seen any document or discussion of that........not that it can't happen......anything can.........but it is extremely more likely that the H1N1 would bridge with the H5N1 before other possibilities.........

If anyone has info I would like to see it as well.........

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
GAH my old username from like zillions of years ago is not valid
so had to stick Uk to my name..

Anyway... hello everyone..

Wanted to comment on the school closures.. It's SATs month and the government HATE children missing their stupid SAT's tests so am surprised schools are closing... They even wanted me to send my 3 children in when they had chicken pox to "sit in an isolation room" and do their SAT's.. I declined... lol

Originally posted by skitzspiricy
SKY NEWS: A total of 5 Schools closed across the UK

Full Article Here

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

I don't know about everyone else but I'm all ears for alternate theories as to why the case counts are being under-reported. People assume it's an effort to prevent panic but something about that doesn't "feel" right even though it seems like a reasonable explanation. They sure don't seem to mind telling us the next wave in the fall will be some kind of doomsday bug now, do they?

I read something about AIDs in relation to the pandemic but I don't think what Turner is describing is possible. He's not real high on my list of "trusted" sources though, to be honest.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
WHO News conference at 1PM eastern...

I won't say it's for Level 6, because we already said it a million time.

The Pan American Health Organization also have a big meeting today.

IMO they'll say the same thing... Mexico needs our help... blablabla.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Here are a couple of things that may very possibly be unconnected, coincidence, and/or unrelated to anything:

Monday, on I90 eastbound between Rochester NY and Syracuse NY, I saw several flatbed trailers moving westbound hauling military humvees that were painted with the woodland camo design, not the desert tan.

The Air National Guard base in here in Syracuse seems more busy than I've been used to (I work here weekdays, and have been since December.) I don't know about on-base activity (although I suppose I could drive by) but the fighter fly-overs are happening more than I remember. Yesterday, there were two flying in formation very, very low and making multiple passes.

The week of April 13th, a coworker here in Syracuse, NY had to stay home for a few days, very ill with the flu (at the time, there was no flu designation in anyones mind.) His two children were home sick as well. Now, since this weekend, he is back home sick again. This time, he went to the doctor and was diagnosed with "Fifth Disease." Fifth Disease is a viral infection that normally strikes children. Now, this could be totally random coincidence, but with all the talk of this current flu wreaking havoc on the immune system and leaving the "recovered" much more succeptable, my coworker's case made me wonder if there were a connection.

Again, this could all be nothing, but I thought it was worth adding to the conversation.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by larphillips

My son had the 5th disease about a year ago. he is 3 now. When it starts to go away they should get an unbelievable rash all over the body. that is when the fifth disease is no longer contageous. If there is no rash then it wouldnt be 5th desease I believe. if I can find a picture of my son when he was getting over 5th disease I will post it

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I have been browsing around and it seems to be "quieting down" but do y'all still truly believe they will raise it to a Level 6 at this point?
Theyd have to start making some major moves at that point for people to continue to have any faith in what they say...
Two days ago I was convinced but although the numbers and reporting are still off-kilter,I'm just not finding what they'd "need" to raise it today...
Confused in Texas,LOL!

[edit on 5-5-2009 by irishchic]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity

I don't know about everyone else but I'm all ears for alternate theories as to why the case counts are being under-reported. People assume it's an effort to prevent panic but something about that doesn't "feel" right even though it seems like a reasonable explanation. They sure don't seem to mind telling us the next wave in the fall will be some kind of doomsday bug now, do they?

I have an possible explanation. First of all, I believe this event has exposed the US to be woefully ill equipped to respond to a pandemic. There does not seem to be adequate testing facilities nor personnel to test a large, continuous stream of people exhibiting symptoms. Thus, out of need, they test as many people as they can and, when the facilities become overwhelmed, they start sending people home without testing.

In the meantime, the samples they have do not get processed in timely manner and, as a result, the officials don't really know what the scope of this outbreak is and will be.

So, then, why is the media under reporting? That's easily explained. The media in this country, once mostly made up of journalists, is now comprised, by a large majority, of entertainers. They have little to no journalistic skills nor the burning fire of a true journalist to dig out the story.

There is a conspiracy at play here but it is a conspiracy on the part of the involved health organizations and governmental agencies and personnel to cover up what is bordering on criminal ineptitude and negligence. They take our tax dollars, create all of these agencies and departments and, in reality, do little to actually ensure that the country is ready and equipped to handle an outbreak of this type, a terrorist attack or quite frankly, any event whose disruption would involve forethought and pre-emptive action.

This is what I am starting to believe is at play here. Once again our Federal Gov't cannot provide the bare minimum that our Constutituion requires. They aren't going to broadcast that and will, in fact, attempt to cover it up.

Meanwhile, the media, who should be working tirelessly to get to the bottom of all these inconsistencies, instead is diligently trying to find out which Entertainment ICON will be the next to smash his/her car or enter drug rehab.

Sad. And more frightening than any of the NWO conspiracy theories I have ever heard.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by Night Watchman]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by pcgeek
reply to post by larphillips

My son had the 5th disease about a year ago. he is 3 now. When it starts to go away they should get an unbelievable rash all over the body. that is when the fifth disease is no longer contageous. If there is no rash then it wouldnt be 5th desease I believe. if I can find a picture of my son when he was getting over 5th disease I will post it

Yes, I think my coworker is already in the "rash stage." Yesterday, before he went to the doctor, his face was totally drained of color, he was sapped of his energy, and he had a fever of over 101F.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

Excellent and thought provoking post you get a star!

I think you've hit in on the head: ill-managed and not ready for anything would about sum it up,they have sucked us all dry and diverted the funds for un-intended uses and basically,left us to our own devices.

I never,ever,thought I'd be resentful of my own country and damn,it's hard to keep "liking them..."

[edit on 5-5-2009 by irishchic]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
In the line of alternate explanations for the cover-up, from the ATS essay (link up above in the webpage header) " H1N1 Flu. A Tale of Evolution, Economics, Power Politics and International Law"

Well, with respect to the H1N1 flu conflict, the legal argument is simple: "Even though the type A, strain H1N1 triple assortment clade flu virus evolved in the USA, the clade isolated in Mexico is ever so slightly different, so this one's not American. Don't even call it North American. Furthermore, the Mexican triple assortment clade of type A, strain H1N1 flu is being transmitted directly from person-to-person, not from pigs to people; therefor, it is not a swine flu anymore. Don't call it swine flu. The name hurts the pork industry. And don't tell anyone the truth about what's really going on because H1N1's spread can't be contained; it's too late to stop it and there's no point trying; therefor, providing accurate information to the public constitutes pointless and thereby "unnecessary interference with international traffic and trade," which is specifically prohibited under international law. In any event, overpopulation is a significant global issue - a major culling is in order and long overdue."

It fits. They tested long enough to make sure they knew what they were dealing with and monitor the spread, after that the potential damage to international corporations in the pork industry outweighs the right of the public to know the truth. Job number one at the WHO is to preserve corporate profits vs. informing the public.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
National press reporting this a.m. that schools are reconsidering whether they need such lengthy closures or if any at all. According to the current statements being made --"it's all over folks". Thank goodness, I worried over NOTHING. (HA!) Funny thing, I look to how China is handling things--a bit different I should say.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
US, Maine: CDC confirms first case of influenza A (H1N1) in state; identified in York County resident. #swineflu
8 minutes ago from web Mexico, Morelos: First Six Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed in State #swineflu
19 minutes ago from web Italy, Florence: One New Confirmed Case of Influenza A (H1N1); Total Number of Confirmed Cases Nationwide Reaches Five #swineflu
20 minutes ago from web US, Ohio: Two new influenza A (H1N1) cases confirmed in Holmes and Portage counties; state total rises to five #swineflu
38 minutes ago from web Mexico, Mexico State: One Additional Fatal Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed; Total Number of Confirmed Deaths Reaches Six #swineflu
42 minutes ago from web Mexico City: Four Additional Fatal Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Reported; Total Number of Confirmed Deaths Reaches 20 #swineflu
about 1 hour ago from web

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

It will not be level 6.

We will not hear about Swine Flu again until August.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by irishchic
reply to post by Night Watchman

Excellent and thought provoking post you get a star!

Well THANK YOU Irish!

Can I trade my star for another pic?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Most likely reasons (speculation) would be the risk of embarrassment if this bug ends up being a dud, or basically no worse than any other flu virus.

If that happens and they have raised to six, in the future when there is a real nasty pandemic people are likely to ignore that.

Then again, that could have some advantages. (insert conspiracy theory here).

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

It has been reported that:

World Health Organisation spokesman Dick Thompson said the agency may raise its pandemic level from five to its highest alert, level six.

Conflicting reports to say the least. Anyone know if there is a W H O conference today? Have not seen anything about it on the news channels.

WHO Report

Nevermind, Live conference on now with NWO.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
Has info. been documented about the WHO warning healthcare officials that that N1H1 may mix in AIDS patients and cause a mix of the two viruses to become airborne?

Hi Bombeni,

The WHO are only concerned that HIV patients are at higher risk from H1N1 because of thier already weakened immune systems.

I think that when the WHO released that statement, a lot of reporters jumped on it and minced the words.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
:1419, Laboratory cases of swine flu worldwide, with 30 deaths, WHO Spokesperson.

: Bulk of infections are in younger people

: In general male and females are being infected at the same rate

: Incupation period from 1 day to a 5 days

: Illness like usual seasonal influenza that we get each year

: Few health care workers have been infected (supposingly)

[

[edit on 5-5-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
This could very well be a repeat of the Terror Threat Level color-coding system that was intially abused and now all but ignored, if not completely abandonded.

Once again, Chicken Little rears his ugly head and the Boy Who Cried Wolf has come out to play.

new topics

top topics

<< 284  285  286    288  289  290 >>

join