It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 286
<< 283  284  285    287  288  289 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
What happens if swine flu goes away?

Interesting article on Reuters

"We are only a few days into a major international mobilization for an outbreak that could continue months into the future," Lillibridge said in a telephone interview.

Full Article Here

[edit on 5-5-2009 by skitzspiricy]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
SKY NEWS: A total of 5 Schools closed across the UK

Full Article Here

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
something I came across..
take it for what its worth to ya..

''An Army Reserve Chem Co in Texas and another in New York is on warning orders for activation. (I know, because I know one of their Sergeants, and since NY has a lot of cases I asked him about it.) but nothing "solid" as of yet.''
www.nationalguard.com...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
WHO Update:

Influenza A(H1N1) - update 15
5 May 2009 -- As of 06:00 GMT, 5 May 2009, 21 countries have officially reported 1124 cases of influenza A (H1N1) infection.

Mexico has reported 590 laboratory confirmed human cases of infection, including 25 deaths. The United States has reported 286 laboratory confirmed human cases, including one death.

The following countries have reported laboratory confirmed cases with no deaths - Austria (1), Canada (140), China, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (1), Costa Rica (1), Colombia (1), Denmark (1), El Salvador (2), France (4), Germany (8), Ireland (1), Israel (4), Italy (2), Netherlands (1), New Zealand (6), Portugal (1), Republic of Korea (1), Spain (54), Switzerland (1) and the United Kingdom (18).

WHO website

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Has there been any reports yet of anyone refusing to take the tamiflu?

Any news on that and what they would do to a person refusing treatment.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

One state's CAR as of 48 hours ago was 30%

Are you talking about Mexico ? Or are you saying this is intel about somewhere else that isn't public yet?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I just received pandemic guidance from my employer, a 5-page pdf. I say good job, but again I am about two weeks ahead of the curve (thx ATS).

From the PDF it appears "they" are playing games with the Pandemic level. I have the WHO PIP Guidance pdf staring me in the face, and what is being reported to employees is half-truth. Take for example:

WHO Pandemic Alert Levels – The WHO lists 6 pandemic phases. The first two phases are prior to a potential pandemic threat. The third and fourth phases alert the public that a pandemic could occur. The fifth phase indicates a sustained disease in more than one country. The last phase is a pandemic situation.

What the regular populous DOESN'T know is that the WHO groups the responses for levels 5->6 TOGETHER, meaning that no matter WHAT level you are at (5 or 6) the RESPONSE is the same. Semantics rule here.

Something else - indeed quarantine procedures are being implemented. I think someone from the UK pointed this out. This is mandatory (creepy stuff - and look at how long!!) Good idea though but should have been implemented a WEEK ago.

When can an employee (U.S. or Canada) returning from Mexico for personal reasons return to work? A. The employee must notify the company immediately upon return from Mexico. The employee must stay home for 7 days after returning to the U.S. or Canada. If the employee does not display any flu-like symptoms, he/she may return to work at that time. If the employee does display any flu-like symptoms, he/she must be released by his/her physician to return to work. Employees shall provide a medical certification of their ability to return to work (health care provider note) and must advise the company of the results of their tests so precautions can be put in place to prevent the spread of disease. We also ask that employees continue to update the company throughout their absence as to their situation so we can plan accordingly.

OR CANADA !!

And one last tidbit that makes me realize YES "they" are concerned about this bug;

My facility has not distributed masks and gloves yet. Can I use my own? A. Employees may use their own masks or gloves if they choose. However, when it becomes necessary we will provide masks and gloves. At that time all equipment used in the facility must meet the minimum requirements determined by the company.

That was distributed company-wide.
Yea, wear gloves and masks it is OK.

BTW that memo was not confidential so no biggie.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

If I get swine flu I will 100% say "Shove it" I would rather let my immune system do the job it was designed to do.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
National Guard, Police and Military deployments are kind of "iffy" variables to try and determine the threat level by, IMO. States have declared emergencies, the CDC and WHO have us on a level 5 going into 6 pandemic response - these guys are operating using scripts written year after year based on imagining worst case scenarios and how to deal with them along with analyzing exercises and trying to eliminate all the screw ups.

That's why we see huge teams of police dispatched to guard the Tamiflu stockpiles even though there are no gangs of violent people trying to steal them, AFAIK. At some point someone was tasked with planning for full scale public disorder and a collapse of society in the wake of a deadly pandemic. Even though people usually don't panic we've seen enough riots over time to justify planning ahead for them.

Level 6 will probably entail martial law type restrictions, quarantines and so on. Police and military in protective gear will be deployed, just like they are after a Hurricane or other large scale disaster. Let's hope it doesn't come to that and that our ability to communicate is left intact.

Using the situation to go on a gun grabbing spree would be a very, very bad idea given the current climate and frustrations among Americans. If they want to trigger a civil war that would be the way to do it but most of our police and military would hopefully refuse to go along with that. If they were to go for it, well - let's just hope and pray none of that happens.

Better indicators to watch for would be large scale shut downs of educational and state / federal offices and the sudden appearance of road block equipment.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie
reply to post by ecoparity

One state's CAR as of 48 hours ago was 30%

Are you talking about Mexico ? Or are you saying this is intel about somewhere else that isn't public yet?

That CAR% was for the State of New York. I don't think it's non public info but I received it from a source. It may well be available on a website somewhere, he / she did not indicate where the information came from.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
tracking Gaurd movements MHO is the best way to fore see any type of Martial law..They certainly dont poof appear at road blocks and whatnot..If certain units are activated,you can see whats going to happen..

school closings are allready in the cards,Neopolitan already said it yesterday..I'm looking at the big picture down the road...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
ha ha ha "Neopolitan"

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redpillblues
tracking Gaurd movements MHO is the best way to fore see any type of Martial law..They certainly dont poof appear at road blocks and whatnot..If certain units are activated,you can see whats going to happen..

school closings are allready in the cards,Neopolitan already said it yesterday..I'm looking at the big picture down the road...

It's definitely worth keeping an eye on if you can get reliable info on it. What I'm getting at is not to assume those type of deployments mean the worst case scenario immediately since they'll be deployed as part of the standard response plans and declared emergencies.

We've been looking for indications in that meme also and so far haven't been able to come up with any credible reports other than the continuity plan actions (which are also part of the standard response but at what point and how bad things are then we don't know).

Schools shutting down due to infected students is not the same thing as announcing every school in the state or country will be shut down. It should be interesting to see if they continue to preempt the national news in order to distribute information via local channels and diffuse a wide scale point of view.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

We actually did have closures a couple of times when absences got close to 25%. It's only happened a couple of times in the last 10 yrs. though.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Just thought I would re-post this map that somebody posted earlier.

Swine Flu Map

Seems to be the most up to date map

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Article here
Five Catholic schools in Louisiana closed.
Link to report that Gov. Jindal wants schools closed ... and that closure extended.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
The CDC Info says Delaware has 20 cases. I have only heard of 10 at the University of Delaware and One case in an elementary school.

So where are the other 9? No one has said.

Jeeeeze .. it could be in my childs school for all I know.

Side note ... I think I've caught cold. UGH (hope it's just a cold)

Updated - www.wdel.com...
20 confirmed University of Delaware. 6 suspected elsewhere in Delaware.

[edit on 5/5/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Could someone who has been tracking the case counts help me with some statistics?

I need the last counts for Mexico prior to the WHO re-shuffle. I believe the listed deaths were given as 250+ prior to the sudden revision down to a dozen. I need the highest set of numbers reported for Mexico, deaths and total infected.

I could use the same info for the USA, so far we have 1 death officially and 279 infected using the CDC / WHO count. We've had reports that the real numbers are 3 to 10 times higher but has anyone come across a sourced report with actual numbers given? Say 12 deaths and 3000 infected?

I'd like to run some of the calculations based on what little info we have and see if there's anything "wobbly" vs. a comparison to the "real" Mexico totals.

I'm also finding a lot of variance in the official percentages for seasonal flu. Average deaths ranges from 18k to 36k depending on source and total infected / total exposed is almost impossible to find. Could I get a group opinion on what numbers to use in the calculation for seasonal flu?

I could use reliable totals for the 1918 flu for comparison as well. The media sources seem to be mixing in the people who died from the vaccine as well as the actual flu victims in the historic total.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I know most everyone here agrees that the numbers being given out by CDC/WHO do not match the reports from mexico and around the world.

I have posted personal info from hospitals on the east coast that leads to a DHS/CDC/Gov. cover up..........

Let me add one more!!!

In my small town in SW MO, population 45k, I reported that urgent care units as well as the hospitals are not testing for infuenza type A..........The doctors refused to test our son who was and is symptomatic for type A (no fever), Lets not forget type A kills 36,000 to 50,000 every year.....

Now I learned last night from my neighbor that the DA of the county sent out an email to his staff stating we have our first confirmed "positive" case of the "bacon flu"........You do not see this on the probable list and its not on the confirmed list by the CDC..........And this is not in our local media....

This is just one small example of a very small town in the mid-west......

Lets mulipliy that by just one hundred small towns..........10x

I know ecoparity has been on here pointing out worse case scenerio numbers......

All the information I have received from my sources out of Maine Medical and Charleston SC and my small town backyard..........I am totally convinced that the WHO/CDC/GOV are staging a huge cover up!!..........for what reason???

If a cover up leads to one death is that okay? If you lost a member of your family and it is swept under the rug by the Gov. is that okay?

What is there goal?..........avoid panicking?? I don't buy it......

I have my theories but I guess they belong on another board.......

[edit on 5-5-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

[edit on 5-5-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Has info. been documented about the WHO warning healthcare officials that that N1H1 may mix in AIDS patients and cause a mix of the two viruses to become airborne?

new topics

top topics

<< 283  284  285    287  288  289 >>

join