It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 269
<< 266  267  268    270  271  272 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
for anyone interested i started a thread to post some quotes associated with the whole swine flu outbreak.

please add what you think should be there and what could be part of this crazy puzzle.

They Said It : Official Quotes Reguarding h1n1

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 4-5-2009 by elitegamer23]

[edit on 4-5-2009 by elitegamer23]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

CNN Turk: A suspected victim of H1N1 has died at a hospital in the southern Turkish province of Antalya.4 minutes ago from web

WHO urges more flu surveillance in humans and animals
www.reuters.com...

Canada pig flu case shows need for surveillance
www.reuters.com...

WITNESS - The flu scoop that scared me
www.reuters.com...

FACTBOX - Measures in North, South America against flu
www.reuters.com...

FACTBOX - Measures against new flu in Europe
www.reuters.com...

The government will charter an Aeromexico airliner in the coming hours to take home any Mexicans who want to leave China.33 minutes ago from TweetDeck

test El Salvador: Two Confirmed Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Reported; First Confirmed Cases in Country: Date: May 04, 2009 03:49 UTC..34 minutes ago from twitterfeed

test Lucerne: Canton's First Suspected Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Isolated: Date: May 04, 2009 03:36 UTC Risk: Low Neue Luzerner ..34 minutes ago from twitterfeed

test New York City: First Three Probable Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Identified Not Related to St. Francis Preparatory School in Quee..34 minutes ago from twitterfeed

test Long Island: Local Authorities Identify Three Probable Cases of Influenza A (H1N1): Date: May 04, 2009 03:15 UTC Risk: Mediu..35 minutes ago from twitterfeed

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman

Originally posted by ecoparity
I posted a day ago that a source had told me that the continuity of government action plan was gearing up, that various officials were being moved to pre-planned facilities or put on a short leash tied to a specific location.

Are these Federal officials? State? Both?

First word was from a federal source, second from a state source so if I had to make a wild guess I'd go with "both". Common sense would indicate that both plans would be intertwined, especially with multiple states declaring emergencies.

I'm gearing up to make another supply run tonight (well, this a.m. actually). I don't want to be caught short of anything if this does indeed turn out to be the preparation for multi-level quarantines.

[edit on 4-5-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
CNN Turk: A suspected victim of H1N1 has died at a hospital in the southern Turkish province of Antalya.

from BreakingNews
BNO News on twitter

twitter.com...

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by pcgeek

Originally posted by pcgeek
reply to post by elitegamer23

If my son was old enough to be in school right now, he would not be there. I would think of anything to keep him out!! He is just about 3, so I can keep him on a short leash
and dont have to worry about it

But I do understand the delima.... We havent been in a public place in days. we just go out and play in our yard so we dont all freak out from being couped up in the house

my kid and i skipped going to the movies this weekend but we still went to the ballpark and practiced her hitting and fielding. its one thing to be vigilant but its another to drive yourself insane with the worry.

if this thing is as contagious as some think , its going to find most of us anyways. its the interconnected world we live in.

i havent told you this but the first confirmed case in iowa was a woman who actually stopped in my home town.

if the shtf , ill be one of the first to get sick with the masses.
btw , iowa has another 8 soon to be confirmed cases comming.
those are all probable right now and gov culver said probable cases come back confirmed 90% of the time.
the iowa labs are just waiting for the cdc to second their findings.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

we have some of the best labs in the world here in Iowa. (ISU & UI) I am sure they already know if these people have it. Just have to follow procedure for verification...

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by pcgeek

Sorry *bonk*

There is no "handle" on a Tri-lateral, Multi-Species, evolving Mutation like this...

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
reply to post by pcgeek

Sorry *bonk*

There is no "handle" on a Tri-lateral, Multi-Species, evolving Mutation like this...

Got me there! I willl have to agree with that one. Hopefully someone will get a handle on it and maybe, just maybe give us some truth on what the heck is really going on.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by pcgeek

yes we have great labs, and they are setting more up

here is something to raise your alert level another notch if possible.

www.qctimes.com...

Culver has ordered the Iowa Department of Public Safety to guard the state’s supply of anti-virals and assist with distributing it around the state. The state has about 750,000 courses of anti-virals on hand, and officials believe that will be enough.

culver thinks 3/4 of a million courses of antivirals should be protected
at least they think it will be enough!

how many iowans does he think will get sick, and why would he believe people will be doing criminal things to get their hands on this supply.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Think it will be enough!!!!!!!!!! Population of Iowa is 3 Million.

What the heck are they expecting?

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by pcgeek

Um...

Didn't you know your expendable...

That is to secure the .gov and "important" fellows...

Dang...wake-up...HELLO...
...Deep Impact anyone?

Suspected swine flu victim dies in Turkey: report
www.reuters.com...

Geez...now deaths have occurred in 2 "WHO sections"...Hmmm...+ Piggys now?!?

[edit on 5/4/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

I have a friend who works as a local nurse at our hospital, she said people are coming in with the flu, and they are basically being sent home and told not to go out. I don't even think they are being reported as I do not see updates.

Apparently a family of 5 was in the hospital and sent away all of them with masks on thinking they have it.

I am wondering if we are really being misguided on the actual factual numbers... it seems like the hospital here is not taking it at all seriously.

Kelowna British Columbia Canada.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

Star 4 U !

Bingo!

At this point they don't want to know the "total" numbers, just the "serious" numbers...

To keep track of the mutations going on...

A "vaccine"...really???

How can you design a vaccine based on three bio-based mutations...when it's still evolving??

Give it a year...maybe...HELLO...how did a Farmer infect his Pigs with Swine Flu...

What comes around...comes around again now...

For how long and what else combines???

Not even WHO knows now...

?

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Hello!!

I lost BBC News UK and Sky News... what a mess only reading the wires... Other TV stations are slow and unreliable 6 minutes ago from TweetDeck

Hmmm...
Dead Turkish patient not swine flu victim-hospital
www.reuters.com...

I just love watching the MSM...laughing...what...HA Ha

[edit on 5/4/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

It's a very scary premise. I totally know, feel and believe in my soul that this is a bioweapon, and angry that it's not even being treated as such, or talked as such by the MSM.

There is no question, this is a new 9/11 type false flag event, but more then that, a direct attack against the people by TPTB to create fear, and quite possibly start a new phase of human depopulation.

It makes me sick.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Of course those same people will be there to ridicule people like me if the virus mutates away into nothing. I'm guessing these are the type of folks who see buying fire insurance as a waste of money if the house didn't burn down last year. Buying fire insurance is a sign of "panic" and doomsday obsession and all that.

No, that's not it at all. many people on ATS have a metaphysical/spritiual bent.

They believe that to some extent we manifest our own reality. The more focus and concentration you bring to something, the more you empower it.

When you focus on 'fear' and 'drama' and invoke and incite it in others, you manifest more of it.

In my experience, the more you fear something and try to protect against it, the more chance you'll be 'got' by it. You get what you focus on. I thought everyone kinda knew that by now.

Buying insurance is a less than zero sum game. We all chip into a pot which people can take from if circumstances arise, the middle man takes a profit. There's not much personal responsibility in that, just pushing it onto someone 'bigger' than you.

People don't like to take responsibility because they don't want to believe they have the power and are the root cause of everything that happens to them. No-one left to blame

I found that when I decided to take personal responsibility for my reality and stopped buying insurance, I also stopped having accidents, being robbed and losing stuff. When I stopped taking medication, my illnesses healed more quickly. When I stopped going to the doctor, my health improved. When I stopped going to the dentist, my teeth got stronger and the cavities self healed.

I'd wager others on here could share similar stories, maybe they will star the post instead.

However, stocking up on food if you intuit that there may well be an imminent food shortage, is a very smart move. Can you see the difference?

My kid's school is still open and I can no longer keep them home without endangering their standing. If the school ends up closing this week and either of them become sick I'm going to be looking for someone to hold responsible.

Thanks for making my point for me about personal responsibility

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   

If your child misses more than x number of days or is even late in the US the local police and child protective services are called - for starters.

I thought you could opt for 'home schooling' in the States.

I kept my girls home 4 out of 5 days last week without a Doctor's note.

Can't you ask one of your doctor friends to give you a note?

edit to add: posted the above before reading your follow up posts. Bro' just move to some other location, take an island vacation, go camping in the woods.

The point is you told us that 'if we knew what you know, we'd crap our pants' and then you send your kids off into what you believe is mortal danger. No parent can understand that?!?!

[edit on 4/5/09 by RogerT]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
so, do you believe there is a connection with the fema coffins in georgia thread? i need your input. thanks theresa musselwhite myers

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by musselwhite

Follow yer heart...

Probably more decisive then what you'll hear from TPTB or ATS...

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
For anyone in the UK with kids.... my son is 5 and last week I asked his school what would happen if, for example, a school a few miles down the road closed over a swine flu scare and parents in my SON'S school got worried and wanted to keep their child home. I was told that if I kept him a home a couple of weeks it would be noted as an unauthorized absence but I wouldn't have any authorities knocking on my door.

It is also easy enough to lie to the school and say your child is ill - so long as you write a note explaining the absence once he/she returns to school and inform them each day by phone, "he's still unwell so not coming in", as far as they know you are telling the truth and it is considered an authorized absence. Not all illnesses warrant a Dr's attention or Dr's note so in some cases a parental note is suffice. We've taken him out of school now and then for a few days at a time when he wasn't even ill.

If it gets really bad and/or one of you is at home all the time, you can take your child out of school and home-school. That's what we'd be doing and the moment we hear of a case in a Cardiff school our son will be pulled out of school for a couple of weeks while we wait and see if/how things progress. We both work from home so that's easy for us. If you work, maybe it's time to suss out alternative child care arrangements...have a word with your mum/dad, a friend etc

[edit on 4/5/09 by cosmicpixie]

new topics

top topics

<< 266  267  268    270  271  272 >>

join