It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 268
<< 265  266  267    269  270  271 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrisonerOfSociety

Originally posted by ecoparity
I can no longer keep them home without endangering their standing. If the school ends up closing this week and either of them become sick I'm going to be looking for someone to hold responsible.

Ecoparity, that last sentence has thrown me for six. I had a 95% gut feeling from your posts that you are onto something, but when you say you are sending your kids back to school, then you've lost me.

What's more important health or a few days of schooling. They'll be closing schools nationwide anyway on a level 6; a 10 day lock-down like Mehhhico. Do you even believe the warnings you are privy to?

Can you explain please, txs.

If your child misses more than x number of days or is even late in the US the local police and child protective services are called - for starters.

I kept my girls home 4 out of 5 days last week without a Doctor's note. It's up to the school now if they choose to push that issue or not. My wife fought me on keeping them home until she saw for herself the info I was telling her was starting to filter into the media.

We don't want to send them but we risk having them taken away and put into a CPS foster home on one hand or them being failed for missed work on the other.

I contacted the superintendent of schools and made my best case for having the kids work from home, I was given a one line response: "We're watching the situation closely".

We plan to raise hell with the school principle in the morning and make our position clear that we don't want to send them and that should anything happen we will be holding the school administration liable. All the schools care about is meeting the Federal requirements so they get those Federal matching funds and providing "day care" for a large number of parents who could care less about a pandemic, they need someone to watch the kids, period.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by pcgeek

And that's yet another problem with TPTB...

Nowhere in the Bill or Rights does it state the .gov should control your childs education...

We used to educated our children at home...

Now...we're "mandated" to use TPTB's "sanitized" education standards that use "their" history ect....not right

Don't even get me started on what they claim is there "duty"

All rights not specifically deemed to the government revert to the states and it's citizens!!!!

[edit on 5/3/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by pcgeek

Oh come on, no school would enforce that 'punishment', or would they?

Easy solution, phone the school and tell them your whole family has got the sniffles, what they gonna do?

Sorry, but having a school make those decisions for your child welfare is ridiculous and they are only thinking of their bottom line.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

We don't want to send them but we risk having them taken away and put into a CPS foster home on one hand or them being failed for missed work on the other.

You have the option of pulling your kids out of school to home school them so why would you fear you would lose them for keeping them home another few days as you continue to monitor the information available to you?

Am I missing something here?

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   

reply to post by pcgeek

Oh come on, no school would enforce that 'punishment', or would they?

Easy solution, phone the school and tell them your whole family has got the sniffles, what they gonna do?

Sorry, but having a school make those decisions for your child welfare is ridiculous and they are only thinking of their bottom line.

I worked for the sheriffs office for years and can remember warrants being issued for parents that had kids skipping school or because they stayed home "sick" all of the time. I think its a crock to have to be put in the position as to what to do. If you are in jail or you kids are gone then you have no control over the situation at all.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by pcgeek]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

We managed to keep them home last week because we were all sick and had symptoms but we were called by the school nurse and told in very strong wording we needed to go get tested and the school would need to contact the Dr.

Some schools have closed for a day or two if even one student has symptoms and needed to be tested.

We went, tested negative and then kept our girls home for another day afterwards based on the interaction with the school nurse probably covering our behinds and lack of a Dr's excuse.

So, just telling them your child has symptoms will not only not work, it will focus attention on your family and require you to go get tested. If we had not gone through with the testing they could have sent the police over to force us to go. Our state is under a declared state of emergency and certain rights no longer apply.

I know of two cases, two children who are sick - one in the hospitals and one at home, both very serious and they both go to the same schools as my children. (A family member witnessed this first hand and is now isolated from all of us as a result).

Because the parent of those girls is involved in a relationship with a Dr and does not actually live at the address they have listed they have managed to circumvent the isolation requirements. The Dr is still working as is the other parent.

I have no doubt the school knows about these two girls and that they attended classes last week yet those cases are not in the official reports and the schools remain open. I wish I had an explanation for that.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

Thanks for the explanation Ecoparity.

It sounds like a lot of 'might do this', 'could risk this', etc, etc, much like the threats to those considering not paying IRS tax, as in the current Edward and Elaine Brown case, (video here).

Honestly, just tell your school supervisor to stick it where the sun don't shine.

I feel there are loads of spin-out threads from this huge one. In fact, i feel we could all re-write the constitution once the fiat money is eradicated and they attempt to slip in their new totalitarian regime.

Take what's your (your kids) and let TPTB know that you know best for your kids, not some fat #k bureaucrat behind a desk

Edit: Had to flame, feel better now.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by PrisonerOfSociety]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I've just read your latest post Ecoparity and understand what you're saying.

However, surely those would only be valid protocols under 'normal' circumstances.

It's sad, but i feel that people have lost the true power of their inner voice and having threats of police and CPS makes people submissive to the system. I think the state authorities have more to worry about than taking kids and banging up 'bad' parents for truancy.

Can't you proclaim a new religion overnight, print a certificate off the internet and dictate to them that they are now home schooled.

Anyway, this education stuff is going off topic, and i preferred your ear to the ground where you've heard some great rumblings from afar; keep it up

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

reply to post by ecoparity

Thanks for the explanation Ecoparity.

It sounds like a lot of 'might do this', 'could risk this', etc, etc, much like the threats to those considering not paying IRS tax, as in the current Edward and Elaine Brown case, (video here).

Honestly, just tell your school supervisor to stick it where the sun don't shine.

I feel there are loads of spin-out threads from this huge one. In fact, i feel we could all re-write the constitution once the fiat money is eradicated and they attempt to slip in their new totalitarian regime.

Take what's your (your kids) and let TPTB know that you know best for your kids, not some fat #k bureaucrat behind a desk

Edit: Had to flame, feel better now.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by PrisonerOfSociety]

No offense to you and the other posters questioning me on this but do you even have kids?

Are you still sending them to school?

People always seem to want to encourage the lone person to stand up to the system yet we as a society sit back and do nothing to protect our freedoms and put a stop to the tyranny.

Protecting my children does not include taking on the school, CPS and the police. I'll use my voice and speak out loudly and everywhere I can. I'll make sure the school administration pays dearly in a political sense if they turn out to have made the wrong decision.

We've already decided to home school our girls starting this next year, that choice was made weeks ago. To secure my wife's acceptance means we have to go with an accredited home schooling program and causing them to fail this year will completely screw that up.

I'd prefer to get one of my Dr friends to write some notes, anything is better than sending them but my wife does not agree with me. Unless you are in the same situation I don't think you have the capability to understand.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
New York City: 3 Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Identified Not Related to St. Francis Preparatory School in Queens or to Travel to Mexico.#H1N1

US, New York, Long Island: Local Authorities Identify 3 Probable Cases of Influenza A (H1N1); No Direct Link Between Cases.#swineflu #H1N1

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Update 21 - Influenza A (H1N1) Swine Flu
www.who.int...

[edit on 5/3/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Guys, I hate to toot my own horn again... but some truth is here in this thread....and for the life of me I don't want this buried...it's implicit proof of genocide campaign.

Bioshield Two: And Now For Some Real "Pandemic" Insight... If You Dare: Depakote valproic acid psychiatry sterilization campaign

Pharma sterilization campaign through psychiatric medication. The evidence for this particular psych med has only been out since 2004...right around the time things got ramped up with the Bioshield 1...the connection is up to you to make... I just cited the medical papers and they are as real as it gets. Good luck and peace gentlemen...

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Can we get an update map of Locations and Severity of FLU.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by elusive1
Guys, I hate to toot my own horn again... but some truth is here in this thread....and for the life of me I don't want this buried...it's implicit proof of genocide campaign.

Bioshield Two: And Now For Some Real "Pandemic" Insight... If You Dare: Depakote valproic acid psychiatry sterilization campaign

Pharma sterilization campaign through psychiatric medication. The evidence for this particular psych med has only been out since 2004...right around the time things got ramped up with the Bioshield 1...the connection is up to you to make... I just cited the medical papers and they are as real as it gets. Good luck and peace gentlemen...

Do you have a specific connection between this and the current "pandemic"? I'm confused as to why this other discussion thread keeps crashing into this one.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
New School Flu Closings: Mill Valley, Berkeley, SJ

Swine flu cases involving school children continued to spread throughout the Bay Area on Sunday with public health officials announcing the closure of three additional schools, one in Mill Valley, one in Berkeley and another in San Jose.

A student at Tamalpais High School in Mill Valley who contracted Marin County's fourth confirmed case of the H1N1 virus has prompted the school's closure until at least Wednesday, said Public Health Officer Dr. Fred Schwartz.

cbs5.com...

It seem's that thing's are really starting to heat up around here. There have been so many kid's getting sick it isn't even plausible that it isn't the H1N1 flu.
We decided to go to a huge park in San Rafeal to get the kid's out of the house. It is a huge place on the San Pablo bay and you can fish bbq etc. We where the ONLY one's there ALL DAY! This place is normally packed with fishermen and people having picnic's parties you name it.The rangers who run the palce wouldn't even come over and talk to us and they ALWAYS do. They know us by name we have gone there so much in the past. If we are low on money they don't make us pay for parking and we make it up the next time we go.I mean the palce was barren to the point we got freaked out and left. It just got to be to weird!
On the way back through town towards the freeway the store area's that are normally crazy packed with people on Sunday's were pretty much empty too. We just kept the windows up and headed home. My husband said that if it was still like that in the morning he would call me and ask his boss to find out what is going on.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Here Now

My Signatures have all the links to relevant info...

flutracker.rhizalabs.com...

test El Salvador: Two Confirmed Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Reported; First Confirmed Cases in Country: Date: May 04, 2009 03:49 UTC..16 minutes ago from twitterfeed

test Lucerne: Canton's First Suspected Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Isolated: Date: May 04, 2009 03:36 UTC Risk: Low Neue Luzerner ..16 minutes ago from twitterfeed

test New York City: First Three Probable Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Identified Not Related to St. Francis Preparatory School in Quee..16 minutes ago from twitterfeed

test Long Island: Local Authorities Identify Three Probable Cases of Influenza A (H1N1): Date: May 04, 2009 03:15 UTC Risk: Mediu..16 minutes ago from twitterfeed

[edit on 5/4/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I posted a day ago that a source had told me that the continuity of government action plan was gearing up, that various officials were being moved to pre-planned facilities or put on a short leash tied to a specific location.

I've had a second source give me the same intel an hour ago. This second source is not as high level nor well known / "trusted" by me.

If anyone starts seeing indications of travel restrictions, especially between states and infected / non infected areas please post the information in a quote as a follow up.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

I can no longer keep them home without endangering their standing. If the school ends up closing this week and either of them become sick I'm going to be looking for someone to hold responsible.

Ecoparity, that last sentence has thrown me for six. I had a 95% gut feeling from your posts that you are onto something, but when you say you are sending your kids back to school, then you've lost me.

What's more important health or a few days of schooling. They'll be closing schools nationwide anyway on a level 6; a 10 day lock-down like Mehhhico. Do you even believe the warnings you are privy to?

Can you explain please, txs.

good question.

Originally posted by pcgeek

I don't know where he lives, but here if you keep your kids out of school for more than a few days for what they deem no reason. Child services can take your kid and you can go to jail. Really stinks but they could fail his kids, suspend them for it. all kinds of reasons. I understand the delima.

im sure anyone , anywhere in the usa could simply call their childs school and say, "my kid has the flu" and no questions will be asked. they would rather you keep your sick kid at home then anywhere near their doors with the flu bug going around.

if something really bad is about to explode , possibly this week and you knew it almost without a doubt, i know you wouldnt send your kids back to school my friend.

A Dr friend

We went, tested negative and then kept our girls home for another day afterwards based on the interaction with the school nurse probably covering our behinds and lack of a Dr's excuse.

just have your doctor friend give your kids the excuse they need to miss school this week.

[edit on 4-5-2009 by elitegamer23]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   

I posted a day ago that a source had told me that the continuity of government action plan was gearing up, that various officials were being moved to pre-planned facilities or put on a short leash tied to a specific location.

Are these Federal officials? State? Both?

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

If my son was old enough to be in school right now, he would not be there. I would think of anything to keep him out!! He is just about 3, so I can keep him on a short leash
and dont have to worry about it

But I do understand the delima.... We havent been in a public place in days. we just go out and play in our yard so we dont all freak out from being couped up in the house

top topics

<< 265  266  267    269  270  271 >>

join