It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 267
<< 264  265  266    268  269  270 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Latest updates:

Transfer to pigs combined with avian components is kicking the genetics experts into over drive. The concern over an H5N1 bridge is growing massive.

Evidence is showing the current virus spreads better via hand contact than respiratory. This explains why the media is being told to concentrate on hand washing / sterilization rather than breathing protection.

Some of the USA cases do not have fever or gastro reactions. If you have the cough and hoarseness consider getting tested / retested and remember - the nasal swabs are not working 100%.

There are still genetic profiles from Mexico which have not been made public. Now why is that, I wonder?

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

Well...

Thanks fer Co-Confirming my fears...

The "bridge" has been built it seems...

Look for Cross-Inbreeding on a Multi-Species platform in the near future then...

...And that's all I got to say about that...
(Think Forrest Gump)

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I dont know if this has made it to this thread yet:

FEMA Trailers Heading Toward Main Cities

April 30, 2009
Glenn

TRUCK DRIVERS ARE REPORTING THAT FEMA TRAILERS ARE HEADING FROM THE MAIN DEPOT TOWARD MAIN CITIES. THIS COMES FROM CB REPORTS AND IS CREDIBLE. ALSO, I HAVE A FRIEND THAT USED TO WORK WITH ME IN PITTSBURGH'S LARGEST HOSPITAL HAS REPORTED THAT THE EMERGENCY ROOMS ARE GEARING UP FOR A DANGEROUS OUTBREAK. THIS SWINE FLU THING IS NOT SOME HARMLESS THING. I THINK IT MAY BE A PRECURSOR TO MARTIAL LAW. I WILL ADVISE OF FURTHER DEVELOPMENTS. ONCE AGAIN, THANKS FOR PRAYING FOR ME LAST NIGHT. YOU WILL ALWAYS BE MY FRIEND---GLENN

This is from the Quayle website.

www.stevequayle.com... .trailers.html

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Swine flu goes person-to-pig; What's next?
news.yahoo.com...
15 mins ago

MEXICO CITY – Now that the swine flu virus has passed from a farmworker to pigs, could it jump back to people? The question is important, because crossing species again could make it more deadly.

The never-before-seen virus was created when genes from pig, bird and human viruses mixed together inside a pig. Experts fear the virus that has gone from humans back into pigs in at least one case could mutate further before crossing back into humans again. But no one can predict what will happen.

"Could it gain virulence? Yes," Juan Lubroth, an animal health expert at the U.N. Food and Agriculture Organization in Rome, said Sunday. "It could also become milder. It could go in both directions."
More at Link...

[edit on 5/3/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Now we are getting reports from CB radios?

You'd think that maybe one of these truckers would have a digital camera, or camera phone and would snap some pics for proof.

This is all getting kinda silly.

Next we will be hearing of reports that a friend of a friend told me that they seen aliens land and start spreading the virus... And of course someone will run with it, and in short time we will have it here in this thread with a link.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Just adding to the case count. news reported here in Kentucky that 5 new cases have made it here. Adding to the total tole.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by HonoredJZB]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
The MSM are all saying that "swine flu has peaked but may come back stronger in the fall months".

It is strange that they are all saying the same thing almost verbatim, like reading from a script.

I don't think there has been enough time passed since we went to Level 5 last week for the MSM to now suddenly say it's all over for now... to be continued 4 months from now.

Seems like the MSM have been ordered to put out that the virus is "mild", event over for now, so go on about your business as if nothing dangerous is happening. Propaganda, I believe.

The reported case numbers keep increasing and yet the death rate is reported in the MSM as being "stabilized" or decreasing.

I think there is quite a bit of under-reporting and downplaying going on and the disinfo agents are out in force, perhaps even on this thread, all following orders to downplay and dismiss this virus (way too early to dismiss it, in my opinion).

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Geez...after mulling this over...

The only thing I haven't heard of yet...is insects and reptiles...

Back to the Age of the Dinosaurs...

What comes around...comes around again???

New swine flu alert despite doubts over level of danger
www.timesonline.co.uk...
May 3, 2009

THE World Health Organisation (WHO) is poised to declare a global swine flu pandemic despite suggestions by scientists that the H1N1 virus responsible may be no more dangerous than the average annual flu season.

Health officials yesterday confirmed two more cases of swine flu in Britain, bringing the total to 15. A six-year-old Oxfordshire girl who had holidayed in Mexico became the youngest victim, while the second victim was the husband of a woman who contracted the virus after the couple returned from Mexico.

Meanwhile in Scotland, a man who flew from Texas to Prestwick via Birmingham last Thursday was named as a probable victim. All UK victims have so far shown mild flu-like symptoms and are recovering well.

The first case of pigs being infected with the new virus emerged last night when officials in the Canadian province of Alberta said some animals were thought to have been infected by a farm worker who had recently visited Mexico and became ill on his return.
More at Link...

@ switching yard: The delay between 5 and 6 is due to "Back Door" operations being put into effect to control the masses...read the 5 to 6 level recommendations/outlays per WHO...

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

I think you are an exception. I had the asian flu when I was 12 and never got another flu until I was in my late 40's. My children never had the flu til they were grown even tho it is easily spread in schools.

I hope your flu exposures have given you some immunity.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by switching yard

Dang I hate it when I have to go through 2K bookmarks to find things

Here's what's going on between 5 and 6...takes time to pull off...

Per my prior posts above, concerning Cross Transmission in Multi-Species, I Re-Post this link showing what actions are being implemented in the "back ground" to "insure" our safety per NWO guidelines...

WHO warns against flu complacency
news.bbc.co.uk...

Human-to-swine transmission escalates mutation risk
www.theglobeandmail.com...

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by switching yard

Originally posted by switching yard
Eyewitness report (the friend) said that Saturday night, "a few" cases of "suspected" swine flu came in and were met with nurses in protective gear.

now that is something that someone should take a picture of.

we need some video evidence at the severity of this thing.

anyone have pics or videos of overloaded er rooms or anything that might show how bad this thing really is.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

The plot thickens...

Perhaps truck CB reports are valid intel. I don't think many truck drivers would have videocams with a wireless conn laptop, otherwise they'd make great guerilla reporters.

Although watching a previous posters link to Mexico City's webcams, it seems normal, eerily normal. Perhaps they are just using a looped feed form last year. The people aren't even wearing masks, from what i can make out.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Swine Flu is in Florence Prison in Arizona. My brother works there. He said it is all over the place there, yet the papers here say no cases in Pinal county.
I guess the prisoners do not count as cases.

Ama

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

Well a couple of days ago a lot of internet activity went way to quiet for way to long in my opinion...

search.twitter.com...

Went from like 1K+ posts a hour to *NONE* for 45 mins...as I look through...a lot of posts look like duplicates to me...like a recording...but...twitter is dumb for the most part, but, maybe our last line of info as a lot of main stream is "gone" now...Hmmm

ATS jumped on and off for hours...Hmmm...

Facebook was hacked...Hmmm...

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
A Dr friend raised some good points about the current WHO response and move into level 6. The govt has done a poor job of handling this one, they tell people to be worried but don't tell them to get ready. A nice bit of do as I say, not as I do which leaves people confused and destroys trust between us.

When I asked him why he pointed to this very thread, when I told people to prepare it didn't take long before I was accused of "fear mongering". Somehow this misperception has grown that preparation = panic.

No one is panicking, not even in Mexico during the peak of the outbreak. Preparing is a good thing, people. It gives you a sense of control over a situation we have no control over otherwise. Not to mention it puts you in a position to survive, hopefully in relative comfort.

Of course those same people will be there to ridicule people like me if the virus mutates away into nothing. I'm guessing these are the type of folks who see buying fire insurance as a waste of money if the house didn't burn down last year. Buying fire insurance is a sign of "panic" and doomsday obsession and all that.....

A move to level 6 does not automatically indicate the end of all humanity, even a mild virus can meet the definition of a pandemic and until enough time passes to answer the immediate concerns over this wave the focus now is to get ready for the fall outbreak. Even if it's a losing battle we will try to stop the spread of the virus and deny it as many places to mutate as possible.

To my fellow "fear mongers" who stocked up on food and medical supplies I say "good job" and let's try and be supportive as the PTB try and make the leap to telling people to prepare. They will be accused of trying to scare people but the fact is real "panic" in these type of scenarios is very rare.

My kid's school is still open and I can no longer keep them home without endangering their standing. If the school ends up closing this week and either of them become sick I'm going to be looking for someone to hold responsible.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I have appriciated all of the info from you and many others here that have just been helping us all get prepaired and to keep our eyes open.

It really helped me get prepaired for whatever may come. I now have supplies, water and other needed things. If this fizzles out, Great!! I have a lot of stuff that I should have had for any kind of emergencies. I now feel that I have some sort of control over anything that may turn ugly, not just this.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Well put...

TPTB have their plans in place, but, fail to inform us of what we should be doing.

I would hope the masses are more prepared than having more batteries for their remote, so not to miss dancing with the stars, but, fear this is not the case...

If you up-scan a couple of my last posts it appears more interest is being directed at your/our Multi-Platform Mutation...even MSM got it out...of course I saved it to HD in case of "cleansing"...

I look forward to more of your insights

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
I can no longer keep them home without endangering their standing. If the school ends up closing this week and either of them become sick I'm going to be looking for someone to hold responsible.

Ecoparity, that last sentence has thrown me for six. I had a 95% gut feeling from your posts that you are onto something, but when you say you are sending your kids back to school, then you've lost me.

What's more important health or a few days of schooling. They'll be closing schools nationwide anyway on a level 6; a 10 day lock-down like Mehhhico. Do you even believe the warnings you are privy to?

Can you explain please, txs.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Can you upload important content as a torrent, so lots of hard drives can share. Just an idea.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

I don't know where he lives, but here if you keep your kids out of school for more than a few days for what they deem no reason. Child services can take your kid and you can go to jail. Really stinks but they could fail his kids, suspend them for it. all kinds of reasons. I understand the delima.

new topics

top topics

<< 264  265  266    268  269  270 >>

join