It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 259
<< 256  257  258    260  261  262 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I would caution everyone to be wary of the word "mild"...

the spin doctors are out in full force trying to play down this virus as "mild"...

they are using words like "mild" so that people will be repeating that word to each other in casual social chat about this virus so that there will be no panic...

the word "mild" is only one of several disinfo propaganda words they are planting in the public consciousness right now...

be very cautious... as a poster said earlier... "trust no one"

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Questioner brought up issue of Mexican Health minister saying virus has peaked and is now on the decline.

WHO spokesperson's rather cautionary (and interesting) response was to pointedly mention the 1918 pandemic and how it began mild, waned and "came back with a vengeance and killed 40 million people" . He said there is a "high possibility" the same will happen with this virus once the colder months come around and it would not be good to let ones guard down.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Clearly nothing is known and all the other posts are stall tactics to get us to keep talking about it and wasting our time.

EDIT: This is referring to the posts by ecoparity.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by mkross1983]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
WHO briefing fun and games:

q. The Mexican health minister says the flu has peaked in Mexico
a. Bring up comparison to 1918 summer break
real answer: Nothing instills confidence like a 1000 pound "health minister". Mexico shut down for along holiday weekend so hopefully new infections would decline. Why the US can't figure out this mystery of disease control, you know - isolating people so they don't infect each other, remains a mystery.

q. Pig and chicken farms in Asia spawning H5N1 bridge mutation (oooh, a real question)
a. blah, blah, maybe, watching closely, blah
real answer: Asia? if the flutracker geneticists are right you might see this in Nebraska in the very near future.

q. (French reporter) - blu, bleh, glug, weee, woop
a. (French WHO dude) gloog, bleh, blah, woop

q. Yet another pork eating question, this time raw pork is thrown in.
a. viruses don't live on dead meat long enough to matter
real answer: French people who eat raw pork are stupid. Enjoy the tapeworms, boys.

Wow, another complete lack of real questions resulting in no real answers. I always enjoy a good rectal smoke blowing session, especially when there's a friggin pandemic floating around. Nice to know the World press is so dedicated to asking the same frigging pork and pig question over and over and over again. I no longer doubt that all the intelligent people quit journalism back in the 80's.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by pmbhuntress

H3N2 info and more The flu vaccine protects against the three main flu strains that research indicates will cause the most illness during the flu season. This year’s influenza vaccine contains three new influenza virus strains. They are: * A/Brisbane/59/2007(H1N1)-like virus; * A/Brisbane/10/2007 (H3N2)-like virus; * B/Florida/4/2006-like virus.

Hi, I am the one who posted that and it is from 2008-2009 flu season. These were the viruses thought most likely to circulate in the US. It was posted in response to a suggested that many undiagnosed illness and deaths could be a result of H3N2 and that is possible.

As for H1N1, it has been around for many many years but the current one is an entirely different mixture, not just a reassortment of the old strain, and no one is immune to this one.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by liveandlearn]

[edit on 3-5-2009 by liveandlearn]

link   

Originally posted by mkross1983
Clearly nothing is known and all the other posts are stall tactics to get us to keep talking about it and wasting our time.

No one's holding a gun to your head, forcing you to participate in the discussion thread and "waste your time". If it bothers you that much, I'll race you to the ignore button.

link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
Contacts at CDC are very concerned over the amount of time from infection to symptoms to fatality. If the indications that it's abnormally long play out we have a big, big problem.

There's two schools of thought on the human to pig story:
1. It might indicate the virus origin actually was from a pig and a laboratory origin might turn out to be false. That would be good news for some aspects of the pandemic.

2. Ongoing efforts to analyze the genetics turned up some avian flu line ups in the code which match wild ducks and geese.

Ready for the good news / bad news thing?

The good news is the flu might actually be a product of nature.
The bad news is that if so, the genetic profile looks like a prime candidate to make the jump to migrating bird populations and back again, not to mention the whole "bridge mutation" thing where H5N1 goes bird / pig / human and makes the Mexican swine flu look like a mild allergy session by killing 70% or more of the World's human population.

Those CDC folks are some busy little beavers right now.

The worries about the "bridge mutation" with H5N1 sounds like a nightmare!

I guess this is why there is such a high alert and confusion!

But it doesn't surprise me at all if this turns out to be the reason for all the 'Dancing Monkey Circus'.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

No one's holding a gun to your head, forcing you to participate in the discussion thread and "waste your time". If it bothers you that much, I'll race you to the ignore button.

imao thanks for the laugh ........

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

I know in my mind what a worst case scenario would be...........Can you give us a glimpse of view from your sources since they look at "worse case scenarios"?.........Trust me I know its bad......but I think due to your post we need to hear your view........

I have no doubt that this is going to be a H5N1 issue............its just a matter of time....

[edit on 3-5-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Inane comments are unfair.

As I stated before, no one should be forced to publicly declare their sources.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

If your post is directed toward mine........I did not ask for the source......just there view of the worse case scenario........which I will always share...

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I'll post what info I damn well feel like posting, period. If it bothers you, or you don't like it then feel free to ignore it.

I have yet to see any of you post anything even approaching a counter position. If you want to cite the current press reports, take the position that the numbers and data being given to you by the media are correct then please, do so.

I don't have a direct line to the man behind the curtain who knows all, these are people who are working this problem and happen to be on the other side of the bull# filter the media is so busy putting up.

I've given you people the data I can responsibly give you. The verification of it is right in your face, even in the other posts among this thread. Setting that aside, how exactly do you propose I prove anything to you? It's all becoming public knowledge but it's not leading the nightly news right now.

OK, the press reports on victims are completely accurate, they aren't hiding anything. This is a mild flu that's gone away. Feel free to gather in large crowds, ride public transportation and don't worry about the people coughing and sneezing.

Feel better now?

One thing I've noticed about ATS. Anytime someone shares "inside" info there's always a few people who show up, contribute nothing and push that poster to expose his sources in order to "prove" credibility. Get this straight. I don't give a # about "credibility" on a forum. I'm passing on what I'm being told, if it's wrong I'm not the one who came up with it. If you disagree with the information then please, explain why and show us why the information is wrong. At this point I've done more than enough and you've gotten all you're going to get from this source.

I honestly don't know why I waste my time.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by pmbhuntress

H1N1 (human)
H3N2 (swine) ?????
(birdflu???)

I forgot to respond to this portion

H1N1 is a swine avian mix
H3N2 is an avian
The last is a B influenza...not bird flu but I don't know the mix. However I could find out. It is considered to be less symptomatic the the A virus, which the first two are.

Hope this clears it up for you.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Feel free to do as you wish , but plz remember

for every poster , there are prob 20 LURKERS who are reading this thread

I dont add in post because the general FEED from all who do POST

Is enlightening and informative, me adding in "I agree"

just wont add to the thread

I read ALL the postings and take from them what I deem value

Yours Included

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by switching yard

They have changed to mild as they think they know what may be the cause. Does not mean it is not out there being transmitted to humans.

Cover up all the lies is key to the situation now i think, with what ever happens in the future another matter.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

lol I know this. My point being you post something, cause great interest, then drop it. That's my point.

I did enjoy your post just now about the french report and his question though, lol

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by switching yard

What is weird is the incubation period. Something tells me it is longer than 2 - 3 days like they're saying. I think it must be much longer. The toddler who died in Houston got a fever on April 8 and died on April 28. That's 20 plus days, not 2 days...which means there could be thousands or even millions of people now infected who don't know they are infected. I know the CDC are not saying that, but it could be a possibility.

Definition of Incubation period

Incubation period: In medicine, the time from the moment of exposure to an infectious agent until signs and symptoms of the disease appear.

Medterms

So, 1-3 days is the time from first exposure until symptoms develop.

What we are seeing is several days after symptoms, the patient can get much worse. Death could take much longer when the patient is ventilated and they are trying to preserve life.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Inane comments are unfair.

As I stated before, no one should be forced to publicly declare their sources.

Ecoparity, I am not asking you for your sources. I wouldn't do that. I am asking for the information you told us we would crap our pants over but you have yet to post it and I have yet to receive a U2U about it either.

Cloudsinthesky is wanting the info to so I am not alone here.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I went back an looked at the recent posters..........NO one asked you to post your sources............

I am not here to chellenge your data or anyones info..........So if your
post is stimmed from mine.........you misread the post!

I asked for th "VIEW" of your sources since they delt with worse case scenarios........

I know in my mind what a worst case scenario would be...........Can you give us a glimpse of view from your sources since they look at "worse case scenarios"?.........Trust me I know its bad......but I think due to your post we need to hear your view........

I have no doubt that this is going to be a H5N1 issue............its just a matter of time....

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Here's my last bit of intel for you and I'll even go so far as to hammer you over the head since putting pieces together, even big, fat 10 count puzzles is a challenge for certain people.

I've told you the issue most concerning high level CDC and WHO people: the time period of the virus from infection to symptoms to death.

Why is that so damn important?

The main cause of feel good, it's all OK, mild flu mentality is the fact that no one outside of Mexico other than one kid who came from there has died.

Has anyone bothered to look up the facts on when this kid was infected, when he showed symptoms and when he died? No?

20 plus days total.

People caught early and treated seem to have made a full recovery. The same thing happened in Mexico, even at ground zero (if you believe La Gloria is indeed, ground zero). They were given every drug the clinicia had and even patient zero recovered.

Now we have a report that some of these earliest of victims are becoming ill again.

Uh Oh...

Starting to get a clue yet?

IF the virus is so mild and all the OTMs (other than Mexicans) given drugs early enough are recovering, then why is the pandemic response machine moving steadily forward? It seems they are still worried about something. A non lethal virus would not be on that list of "something".

You feel my information is verified by the evidence at hand yet?

We will go on towards level 6 because they don't know how long the virus takes to kill people.

They don't know if early treatment will actually keep people from dropping dead in a week or two.

The many, many people on respirators who were caught early and still tried to die are a big concern. (Not much press on that one, is there?)

Do you see how it fits and makes sense when everything else makes no sense?

To those of you who actually get it and are intelligent, no offense. It wasn't directed at you.

Good luck and be CAREFUL

new topics

top topics

<< 256  257  258    260  261  262 >>

join