It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 258
<< 255  256  257    259  260  261 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Mornin' to all and thanks to those who have SLAVED tirelessly to help keep all of us in this never-ending loop of info!
Already I'm reading "not as bad as originally thought but seems to be picking up steam" articles right and left,LOL!

Question at this point: has the virus "peaked"and that things will start to taper off or do many believe that it's simply continuing to spread and that the next 2 weeks will be the proof of the swine pudding?

[edit on 3-5-2009 by irishchic]

link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Can you and others posting like this please provide a link to a source.

It would mean something if there was any way to verify these claims.

There is so much misinformation about on this ATS members need to rise above that, PLEASE link to a source.

link   
'1,000 probable flu cases in NYC'

Updated: 17:09, Sunday May 3, 2009
New York authorities say the swine flu virus has likely infected more than a thousand people in the city but all have either been cured or are improving.

They say New York has 62 of the United States' 160 confirmed cases of swine flu, mostly from two schools in Queens, but the virus doesn't appear to be causing any more problems than seasonal flu.

www.skynews.com.au...

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I just found this and wanted to post it up here. There is more about it here at ATS.

H3N2 info and more

The flu vaccine protects against the three main flu strains that research indicates will cause the most illness during the flu season. This year’s influenza vaccine contains three new influenza virus strains. They are:
* A/Brisbane/59/2007(H1N1)-like virus;
* A/Brisbane/10/2007 (H3N2)-like virus;
* B/Florida/4/2006-like virus.

But has anyone even noticed the fact that the 3rd vaccine doesnt have a number is this bird flu? If so then we were given the virus as a shot this year. And why is WHO saying that H1N1 is new when they created the shot for it back in 2007?

H1N1 (human)
H3N2 (swine)
????? (birdflu???)

I have to wonder if the news knows this or if its staying a secret? Either way the CDC is proving themselves to be responsible for this flu.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Germany, Frankfurt (Oder): Robert Koch Institute Confirms Two New Cases of Influenza A(H1N1); Both On Flight From Hamburg #swineflu
6 minutes ago from web

US, California State University, Long Beach: Officials Confirm Case of Influenza A (H1N1) #swineflu #H1N1
9 minutes ago from web

Columbia, Zipaquirá: First Confirmed Case of Influenza A (H1N1) In South America Reported #swineflu #H1N1
40 minutes ago from web

Mexico: Health Minister Confirms 3 Additional Fatal Cases and 30 Additional Cases of Influenza A (H1N1); Total Reaches 473 Cases, 19 Fatal
about 1 hour ago from web

US, Scotland, Ayrshire: Scottish Health Secretary Confirms One New Influenza A (H1N1) Case; Fourth Confirmed Case in Scotland #swineflu

US, Rhode Island, Westerly: State Officials Confirm First Case of Influenza A (H1N1) #swineflu #H1N1

Also, two more cases confirmed in England. (So, three in total confirmed today in the UK)

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Keep making note of the change ups and revisions being done to the "official" tallies.

The case of the little boy who died in the US is one of the examples causing concern over the real incubation period and point of lethality of the virus. Little by little I expect you folks will start to see things for yourself that highlight the back end data I've posted.

Anyone notice that other than airline travel the bacon flu seems to prefer travel that tends North and follows the interstate highway system?

Notice anything interesting about the various human settlements scattered in between that have little to no bacon flu activity?

Wow, that virus was in such a hurry to get downtown it skipped right past the suburbs....

Don't pick up hitchhikers.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
A couple of things I'd be doing if I was talented enough, in the right place and curious...

1. Build an animation of google maps that shows the infections as they appeared in time, little red dots popping up as the clock moves forward.

2. Take a good look at the existing google flu map and find population centers close to cities with confirmed cases that don't show any cases yet. If I happened to live close enough to one of said places I would be driving about in the middle of the night with my video camera getting footage of medical facilities and looking around for trucks with plumes of aerosol coming out of them.

If anyone has the talent or luck of location, feel free to join the team and come on in for the big win!

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

Have you heard anything from your sources with concerns that this has gone from human to pig? I know you keep pointing to the fact that this virus will resurrect 3 weeks afterwards in a very leathal attack.

I was tipped off by my sources 2 to 3 weeks prior to this whole "bacon flu" that I should stay away from any type of vaccine or treatment for H5N1 or that contained the word "bird" in it.......

As we know this "bacon flu" could be a bridge with H5N1........any news on your end?

Or do you see them attempting to focus on this present "bacon" strain being the potential killer in its present form as you elude to in your post?

Just to update....I have not been able to contact my source since last Sat....

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
I would be driving about in the middle of the night with my video camera getting footage of medical facilities and looking around for trucks with plumes of aerosol coming out of them.

Do you know anything about these trucks? I remember someone else mentioning this too.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
They may downplay #s and severity if they feel it's not nearly as severe as people are worried, and want folks to calm down. Hospitals are being overrun with people who are fine (just sick with a cold or something).

Still think it's very strange how they are only dying in Mexico.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

this is little strange

RSOE EDIS numbers on May 1:
Dead: 178
Infected (Susp.): 13339
Infected (Conf.): 1311

RSOE EDIS numbers Today:
Dead: 178
Infected (Susp.): 1105
Infected (Conf.): 443

???

[edit on 3-5-2009 by aramaki]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
WHO look likely to go to level 6 BUT the feeling is that any pandemic will be a mild pandemic comparable to seasonal flu as the virus appears not to be as severe as they initially thought. The only real fear at this point is if it mutates and becomes resistant to Tamiflu so they say........

Read Full Article Here

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Contacts at CDC are very concerned over the amount of time from infection to symptoms to fatality. If the indications that it's abnormally long play out we have a big, big problem.

There's two schools of thought on the human to pig story:
1. It might indicate the virus origin actually was from a pig and a laboratory origin might turn out to be false. That would be good news for some aspects of the pandemic.

2. Ongoing efforts to analyze the genetics turned up some avian flu line ups in the code which match wild ducks and geese.

Ready for the good news / bad news thing?

The good news is the flu might actually be a product of nature.
The bad news is that if so, the genetic profile looks like a prime candidate to make the jump to migrating bird populations and back again, not to mention the whole "bridge mutation" thing where H5N1 goes bird / pig / human and makes the Mexican swine flu look like a mild allergy session by killing 70% or more of the World's human population.

Those CDC folks are some busy little beavers right now.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
WHO live on sky news now

watch here

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE.com) - One case of the H1N1 flu, or 'Swine Flu,' was confirmed in New Mexico, according to the New Mexico Department of Health.

Officials also said that there are now 14 probable cases of the H1N1 virus in state of New Mexico.

The state's department of health said officials confirmed that an 18-year-old man from Valencia County contracted the H1N1 flu.

He was among the first of two probable cases in the state. The other case, a 1-year-old boy from Santa Fe County, tested negative for H1N1.

The newest probable cases emerged in Luna County, Eddy County and Hidalgo County.

Now health officials are trying to track down how these individuals got sick, and it may not be over yet.

The New Mexico Department of Health expects information back from the Centers for Disease Control next week on the two Socorro County residents who were named as probable cases of H1N1.

The rest of the probable cases will be tested in New Mexico after new test kits arrive.

140,000 antiviral treatments are available in the state right now, and additional 210,000 treatments are on the way.

However, the department of health said not all patients infected with the swine flu will need the antiviral drugs.

There is a developing trend in all these suspected cases... no one is over 30 years old and the cluster seems to be between the ages of 14 and 22.... We'll see if in days to come it continues to target younger people

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

According to the WHO the virus the pigs have is the same as the virus the humans have and all the pigs recovered. There is no suggestion of it having changed as yet.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I will say I am getting a little angry with ecoparity in the fact that he keeps coming to this thread and posting tid bits of info with out explaining his opinion for his post.

We all respect sources (most do I should say), but if you are going to post information that you basically need to run for the hills then you need to elaborate your opinion of why we need to run for the hills........

I have sources and I will post what I hear with out giving the source......

If they tell me this virus has mutated into a killer.........I will tell you that...

You will not see me post "run for the hills" and then tell you its just too scary to post here or anywhere of why you should run..........

Has anyone recieved a U2U message back from him? I know many members sent him a message.........

I hope everyone holds him accountable for his post the next time he decides to "pop" in.......

Again this is ATS and this is my opinion.........

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Before I start scaring people again let me clarify things a bit.

The people I'm talking to are in the business of "worst case scenarios". Most people follow a behavioral model that entails looking for the "good news". These people are specially chosen and trained to look for the "really bad news" and then try and develop solutions.

Just keep that in mind and don't freak out if and when I post data from them. It doesn't mean they aren't absolutely correct but it helps to get a wide perspective on these things.

Watching the WHO briefing, does anyone really think the World press is freaking out over the safety of eating bacon and dying to know if it's time to kill all the pigs? Give me a freaking break, please.

"Mr WHO propaganda man" "Why are your groups infection vector numbers veering all over the place like a Nigerian cab driver?" "Do you use an abacus to calculate these or does the WHO use tea leaves and chicken gizzards?"

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
i agree 100% should tell us everything he knows and that will help us make up our minds

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I hope you understand the frustration level here on this "bacon flu"..........If you have info......please share without revealing your sources.........You do dance around in your post as if you want us to go figure out what you know.........

Again this is my opinion........

top topics

<< 255  256  257    259  260  261 >>

join