It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 256
<< 253  254  255    257  258  259 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
usa today

What is swine flu?
Swine influenza (swine flu) is a respiratory disease of pigs caused by type A influenza viruses that causes regular outbreaks in pigs. People do not normally get swine flu, but human infections can and do happen. Swine flu viruses have been reported to spread from person-to-person, but in the past, this transmission was limited and not sustained beyond three people.

So I guess there saying one of the changes of this new swine flu is it spreads longer in the past it died out within transmission of three people.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Swine flu deaths ebb but virus still spreading

Mexico’s last confirmed swine flu death occurred Wednesday, Cordova said. However, he said there were 11 cases of people suspected to have died from the virus in the last 24 hours. The alarming news came after the epidemic’s toll in Mexico appeared to be leveling off.

Thats iinteresting 11 more died yesterday unconfirmed in Mexico.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
So is this done with now? It seems to have died down.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I think its just a lul...I also think its saturday night after a long week of frezy and people need to relax a bit..

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

so is your overall view that the people infected with the virus are likely to have trouble 2 or 3 weeks down the line, perhaps leading to death?

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tom_Proctor
So is this done with now? It seems to have died down.

Dosent look like that to me, look at this news..

www.google.com...

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
So do you guys think it's dying down now? I had a feeling we were either going to level 6 today and if not then it's just going to die down from here and be nothing. I still worry about the next flu season, but I am starting to think we are out of the woods for now.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kingfanpaul
So do you guys think it's dying down now? I had a feeling we were either going to level 6 today and if not then it's just going to die down from here and be nothing. I still worry about the next flu season, but I am starting to think we are out of the woods for now.

thats exactly what they want people to think but i suspect they are just reporting much less now on the story to stop panic.

just look at this article where the scottish gov has been proven to have lied to stop panic -

PIG FLU: THE COVER UP
I told hospital staff I'd been to see Doves at a gig then fell ill. They said I should keep it quiet to avoid a panic
Nick Dorman; Tom Mctague
Pig flu victim Iain Askham told last night how he tried to warn health bosses he had been at a packed rock concert while infected with the bug - and was ordered to keep quiet about it.

It came as a six-year-old girl in Oxfordshire was confirmed as Britain's 15th case of the bug which threatens a global pandemic.

Iain, 27, and his new bride Dawn, 25, became the first British cases of swine flu after returning from honeymoon in Mexico, where the outbreak began

Pig Flu - The Cover up

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
EMAIL sent to people in Madison Alabama ....
(Obviously this isn't dying down ... it's just being covered up)

Dear Parents and Guardians,

Yesterday, I stated that you would not receive a list serve from me today unless conditions changed. I regret to inform you that conditions have changed for the worse. We learned today that we have probable cases now in West Madison, Madison, Horizon and Heritage Elementary Schools. In today's meeting at the Emergency Management Agency, the state and local public health officers determined that Madison City elementary schools (all of them to include Rainbow and Columbia) will be closed 14 days. This decision, made by the health officers, was in agreement with the Center for Disease Center's Interim Guidelines for K-12 School Dismissal. However, it was agreed that the situation for our elementary schools may be reassessed Saturday, May 9.

Dr. Williamson, the state public health officer, was a part of today's meeting by means of conference call. Tomorrow he will be in Madison County. At tomorrow's meeting, a determination of the open/close status for the secondary schools (Bob Jones, Discovery, and Liberty) will be made. At this time there are no confirmed probable cases involving secondary students. Lets hope that continues!

Recap:

1. All elementary schools (Columbia, Heritage, Horizon, Madison, Rainbow, West Madison) in the city of Madison are closed through May 13. They will reopen May 14.

2. The 14 day period will be reassessed Saturday, May 9. At that time it will be determined if we can open sooner.

3. Tomorrow, Sunday, May 3 health officials will make a determination on closing or opening our secondary schools.

I will get information out tomorrow as soon as I can.

DF

Dr. Dee O. Fowler
Superintendent of Education
Madison City Schools

'Conditions have changed for the worse" .... what does that mean exactly? Obviously more kids are sick ... and perhapd their families.

You won't hear that on the TV news.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Update:

US, New Jersey, Burlington County: Confirmed Case of Influenza A (H1N1) May Have Contracted the Virus from Person-to-Person Transmission
about 9 hours ago from web

Italy: The second confirmed case is a female flight attendant with recent travel to Mexico. #swineflu #H1N1

Italy: One Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed by Italian Prime Minister; Total Confirmed Case Count Rises to Two #swineflu #H1N1

US, Texas, Harris County: Two Confirmed Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Reported #swineflu #H1N1

US, Alabama, Madison County: One Confirmed Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Identified; First Confirmed in the State #swineflu #H1N1
about 10 hours ago from web

US, Texas, Fort Bend County: Three Confirmed Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Identified In One Adult and Two Children of No Relation #swineflu

US, Ohio: Third Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed; Cases in Franklin County (2) and Lorain County (1) #swineflu #H1N1

France: Two probable influenza A (H1N1) cases are family members of a confirmed case recently recovered. #swineflu #H1N1

Canada, Alberta: Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed Pigs Displayed Symptoms of Influenza; Believed Infected by Farm Worker Returned from Mexico
about 11 hours ago from web

Canada, Alberta: Canadian Federal Officials Confirm the Presence of Influenza A (H1N1) in Pigs. #swineflu #H1N1
about 11 hours ago from web

Costa Rica: Two New Confirmed Cases Of Influenza A (H1N1) Had Contact With Individuals Who Had Traveled to Mexico. #swineflu #H1N1
about 12 hours ago from web

Costa Rica: Ministry Of Health Confirms Two News Cases Of Influenza A (H1N1); Four Total Confirmed Cases Nationwide.#swineflu #H1N1
about 12 hours ago from web

Italy, Tuscany: Health Officials Confirm Italy's First Case Of Influenza A (H1N1). #swineflu #H1N1
about 13 hours ago from web

Connecticut, Middlesex County: Second Confirmed Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Reported in Connecticut.#swineflu #H1N1

Wisconsin, Adams County: Confirmed Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Became Ill after Traveling to Another Area in US.#swineflu #H1N1

Canada, Ontario: One Confirmed Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Result of Community-Transmission. #swineflu #H1N1

Wisconsin: CDC Confirm First Three Cases of Influenza A (H1N1), Milwaukee County (2) and Adams County (1). #swineflu #H1N1

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
US, Alabama, Madison County: One Confirmed Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Identified; First Confirmed in the State #swineflu #H1N1

See this?

Now take note of what I posted a few posts before this.

This is saying that this is the first confirmed swineflu in the state.

But if you look at the email the school district sent out, you can clearly see that there are NUMERUOS cases in many of the schools in Madison, AL.

We aren't getting all the numbers. It's being under reported.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kingfanpaul

I think they know what happened, and they have paused for thought, and debating whether to goto 6 now.

Some serious questions need to be asked though, about what happened, but whether obama will get people to really investigate is another matter.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Interesting article -

CNN

While, the symptoms of the current swine flu and seasonal flu are very similar, reports suggest that this flu virus may result in nausea, vomiting and diarrhea more often than the typical flu. Symptoms include excrutiating body pains, difficulty breathing, significant nasal congestion and high fever. Doctors in Mexico have reported seeing sudden dizziness as well.

I know you get body pains with the flu ... but this says EXCRUTIATING body pains and difficulty breathing. That's different.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I have a bad feeling they are not reporting all of the cases. I also have a bad feeling this was around before they found it in Mexico. They just dont want to point there finger of it starting here in the US. I still believe this is there killer bug that hospitalized many of us back 1 to 2 months ago, yet that killer was never announced on the radio or TV.

I have a bad feeling about this whole thing. Its starting to smell like a cover up to me to something bigger. With Baxter having so many accidents of sending out the wrong flu shots lately, it does look strange.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Just trying to add some "conspiracy" to this thread but does anybody see it as somewhat strange that these outbreaks of the last 10 years seem to be following this person

Margaret Chan

As first female in Hong Kong to head the Department of Health. Her profile was raised by her handling, in those positions, of the 1997 H5N1 avian influenza outbreak and the 2003 SARS outbreak in Hong Kong.

Dr LEE Jong-wook, former Director-General of the World Health Organization (WHO), died suddenly on 22 May 2006....

After a secret ballot Margaret Chan was elected the new Director-General of the W.H.O. and now we've got this swine thingy in Mexico.....

Come people, this is Above Top Secret there has got be some theories out there of secret documents or evidence overlooked....

I love this place....

Peace

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Slightly off topic here but isn't it interesting that on May 5th there is voting in EU parliament to restrict internet activity and attach all sorts of new rules and conditions to it ?

Plans to Black Out Inernet

ATS thread- Plan to Restrict Internet

Everyone is SO distracted by the Swine Flu Issue right now I imagine alot of people have not even heard of this vote taking place in a couple of days.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Star Anise

I have seen some members mentioning this earlier in one of the flu threads and this article just surfaced, so i thought I would share for those interested.

Flu warning to Scots over Chinese spice

EXPERTS are warning Scots not to turn to a traditional Chinese spice to treat swine flu.
Star anise – a key ingredient in Chinese cuisine's five-spice powder – is used to make the anti-viral drug Tamiflu, the world's front-line defence against H1N1 strain of the virus.

It has been used by traditional heelers to treat respiratory conditions and digestion.

But as the World Health Organisation warns that "all of humanity is under threat" from swine flu, Chinese medicine practitioners warned Scots that star anise could make fevers worse.

Pretty interesting read and further on in the article it describes how Roche, maker of Tamiflu, extracts one of the key ingredients from the star anise seed pods.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   

WHO Update

Confirmed cases of H1N1 virus now at 787, WHO says

GENEVA, Switzerland (CNN) -- The number of H1N1 cases worldwide now stands at 787 with two additional deaths reported in Mexico, the World Health Organization announced early Sunday.

The organization said the virus, more commonly known as swine flu, has been confirmed in 17 countries.

The higher number of cases is a result of ongoing tests on previously collected samples; not newly reported and confirmed infections, the WHO said.

Several other countries reported additional cases that have not yet been added to the WHO tally.

ed:code

[edit on 5/3/2009 by JacKatMtn]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by pmbhuntress

To me it just doesn't ring true that in Mexico there are only 381 cases and world wide there are 787 confirmed cases. Something doesn't add up as the flu is more deadly there. Also the numbers do seem to have shrunk dramatically.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I think we will now see the flu cases drop in the northern hemisphere as we go into summer,however the southern hemisphere is now going into their winter and that is where I think the virus will take hold more easily and could carry on mutating until it may come back a lot stronger at the start of our winter(UK).The place to watch now will (IMHO) be New Zealand.

new topics

top topics

<< 253  254  255    257  258  259 >>

join