It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 255
<< 252  253  254    256  257  258 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
reply to post by Bhadhidar

Star 4 U !

I haven't heard any mention of that reference in quite awhile...

I believe the pocket full of posy's was for a funeral/cremation/pyre offering and ashes, ashes, they all fall down was the reference for the aftermath of the collapsing pyre fires...

Sound right?

I always understood it to be flowers carried to hide the smell of decomposing bodies and 'all fall down' to mean people dying.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mamana

OK...either way works for me...

Yer version makes a lot of sense also, considering the times...

Any word of the updated European/Asian tests that were supposed to be collected/released last night?

Earlier reports stated they were going to use those in making their decision concerning going to Def-Con 6...SIT-6...

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

could you elaberate on the TJ Tripps? please..

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Redpillblues

I believe his TJ Tripps is referring to Captain Trips, which refers to the NAU Flu, which refers to 2009 H1N1, which refers to the Swine Flu, in it's current incarnation, which refers to The Plague of 1918, in it's past incarnation...

In other words... Tia Juana Tripps ... Da Flu...

[edit on 5/2/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I remeber the cnn interview where the original case came from they said the kids were sick again. Dont know if thats the story your thinking of.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
I remeber the cnn interview where the original case came from they said the kids were sick again. Dont know if thats the story your thinking of.

That's the one, I can't find the video now though. Unfortunately most video online doesn't have the metadata required to turn up in a search unless someone manually enters a lot of tags.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
The numbers are continually shrinking suddenly: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think this is a distraction. In the midst of this uproar, on May 5th, the EU is voting to divide up and limit the internet to all europeans, so they may chose little packages and be limited to this. Obviously the world wide net is more of a danger to the cartel, and is spreading reality to too many people. I think this may have been merely slight of hand.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Dr Sanjay Gupta CNN News
This is a link to CNN videos its on this page its giving me a general error when I try to load the video though.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
State recommending schools closed by flu reopen

Arizona health officials are recommending that schools no longer be closed after cases of swine flu are confirmed and are advising that schools that have closed be reopened.

www.azcentral.com...

Health officials confirm 13 new swine flu cases in Arizona

State health officials have received confirmation of 13 new cases of swine flu in Arizona.

According to the Arizona Department of Health Services website, three of those cases required hospitalization.

The State Lab received equipment from the CDC that will allow technicians to test samples locally which should result in a faster calculation of the confirmed cases to come.

www.abc15.com...

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
2 ASU students likely have swine flu

Two Arizona State University students have "probable" cases of swine flu, according to the ASU website.

www.azcentral.com...

Arizona State University (ASU) is the largest public research university in the United States under a single administration, with total student enrollment of 67,082 as of fall 2008

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
If you've been tested via the nasal swab method and cleared I advise you to continue taking precautions. If you were tested and cleared and still have symptoms call your Dr or health care resource to arrange to be retested via another method and / or make sure they send your test cultures into the CDC for DNA based testing.

A new, DNA based test is being rapidly produced and should start becoming available in 48 hours or so though I'm not sure how long it will take to distribute or what locations will be given priority.

My wife, my two little girls and myself are in that same boat, we tested negative this past week and though my wife and I are still sick we don't seem to have all the symptoms for the flu. We still have to be careful though as this virus can be somewhat stealthy and random in the severity of symptoms and then become suddenly lethal after 1 to 3 weeks, even seeming to go away just before the cyto storm immune response which kills healthy victims.

There is no hard intel on why the nasal swab tests are giving false negatives. Some of the explanations include:
- a unique genetic profile of this virus
- a mutation from the original strain
- a second, undiagnosed virus actually being responsible for fatalities in Mexico which is a H2N3 variant.

This info should be released to the media in the next 48 hours or so, most likely once the CDC and WHO have an alternate testing method in place. The health care systems are overwhelmed by people with minor symptoms who want to be tested so figuring out how to prevent a secondary swarm of people asking for re-tests is holding up the release of this information. Pay attention to phone calls if you have been tested, it's possible swabs which were negative but saved will be sent in for DNA based testing without any action on the patient's part.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Dr Sanjay Gupta CNN News
This is a link to CNN videos its on this page its giving me a general error when I try to load the video though.

I've sat through two of the Sanjay Gupta reports on patient zero without finding the info on re-infection. I'm going through the reports from that village now, especially the one's about the villagers vs. the pig farm.

Nevermind, I found it. CNN Video from La Gloria

About 1:00 in the resident claims they were treated, recovered and are getting sick again. Thin but worth noting.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Heres some info on the testing of H1N1 in pigs that shows swabs are only good for testing within 24 to 48 hrs then they have to wait two weeks befor testing blood to prove positive or negative.

www.thepigsite.com...

It also states the If clinical cases of swine influenza become complicated with other pathogens such as Actinobacillus pleuropneumonia, Pasteurella multocida, Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae or Streptococcus suis, this can increase mortality or prolong recovery time.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

reply to post by Redpillblues

I believe his TJ Tripps is referring to Captain Trips, which refers to the NAU Flu, which refers to 2009 H1N1, which refers to the Swine Flu, in it's current incarnation, which refers to The Plague of 1918, in it's past incarnation...

In other words... Tia Juana Tripps ... Da Flu...

[edit on 5/2/2009 by Hx3_1963]

oh...uh ok..lol..I thought this was a term being used for a specific re-infection..so in other words is just a slang for the swine/h1n1/must be polliticly correct flu that we are dealing with now..

[edit on 3-5-2009 by Redpillblues]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

You seem to have a grip on the situation...

Take a gander at this article and give me your opinion...

Press Release - Researchers Question Nature, Cause and Treatment of “Swine Flu” Outbreak
www.checktheevidence.co.uk...

[edit on 5/3/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Heres some info on the testing of H1N1 in pigs that shows swabs are only good for testing within 24 to 48 hrs then they have to wait two weeks befor testing blood to prove positive or negative.

www.thepigsite.com...

It also states the If clinical cases of swine influenza become complicated with other pathogens such as Actinobacillus pleuropneumonia, Pasteurella multocida, Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae or Streptococcus suis, this can increase mortality or prolong recovery time.

That article is about swine flu treatment in pigs, not humans.

The sentence regarding the nasal swab tests is not setting a limit on how long the nasal swab tests can be performed, it's saying the virus won't show up in the nasal swab test until 24 to 48 hours after clinical infection occurs. The swab test can still be used and will still indicate infection beyond that time period.

The issue we're facing is that the human swab tests are indicating negative, regardless of time period when the patient is actually infected. People are being sent back to work, school and so on, told they are clear and they are actually in the stage of shedding the virus which is widening the number of infected. It's also exposing these patients to risk as they may not seek medical care in the stages of infection where they can still be treated which may result in deaths that could have been prevented.

What is interesting in the article is the fact that pigs who suffer from swine flu are known to be hit with a secondary respiratory complication, "porcine respiratory disease complex (PRDC)". Given the human victims are said to have died from respiratory complications I find that very, very interesting that the same mechanism in pigs was a well established fact.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redpillblues
I think the one thing that made me get prepared for this type of thing is this..
a few years ago I got Chicken Pox..i dont know how,it even boggled the my doctor..It was the worse,I mean worse feeling sickness I have ever got in my life..I was bed ridden for 2 weeks,it was litteraly i thought to myself that mabe being dead will end the pain and agony...The pox in adults are known to kill..Even funnier is that my wife had gotten the pox when she was little and got them 3 weeks later..again boggled the doc..That doesnt happen very,very often if ever..

I swore to myself that I would never let something i cant even see put me in that much misery again...So thats why i kinda prepare for the worse..

I was vaxed as a child. I got the Chicken Pox for 2 weeks when I was about 8. Then I got another mild case when I was in my twenties. One of my children reacted to the vax with some spots, and I AGAIN got spots.

But I was never particularly sick.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Originally posted by Redpillblues
I think the one thing that made me get prepared for this type of thing is this..
a few years ago I got Chicken Pox..i dont know how,it even boggled the my doctor..It was the worse,I mean worse feeling sickness I have ever got in my life..I was bed ridden for 2 weeks,it was litteraly i thought to myself that mabe being dead will end the pain and agony...The pox in adults are known to kill..Even funnier is that my wife had gotten the pox when she was little and got them 3 weeks later..again boggled the doc..That doesnt happen very,very often if ever..

I swore to myself that I would never let something i cant even see put me in that much misery again...So thats why i kinda prepare for the worse..

I was vaxed as a child. I got the Chicken Pox for 2 weeks when I was about 8. Then I got another mild case when I was in my twenties. One of my children reacted to the vax with some spots, and I AGAIN got spots.

But I was never particularly sick.

It came out in the media some time back that a given percentage of people vaccinated for Chicken pox were not protected due to some defect in the vaccine, (if I recall correctly). I do remember the warnings as my wife fell into the group considered to be at risk.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   

It is no longer possible to contain the deadly swine flu virus first found in Mexico, the World Health Organization (WHO) says. As a potential pandemic edges closer, governments around the world have been stepping up precautions against its spread.
news.bbc.co.uk...

Mexico swine flu deaths jump to 19, experts say virus can mutate and warn against complacency
blog.taragana.com...

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

You seem to have a grip on the situation...

Take a gander at this article and give me your opinion...

Press Release - Researchers Question Nature, Cause and Treatment of “Swine Flu” Outbreak
www.checktheevidence.co.uk...

The article does a decent job of raising some of the same points of discussion making their way around back channels among the infectious disease medical community.

It has been very common in the past week to hear a virologist state the genetic make up of the virus is nothing "unusual" vs. recombination in the wild and then in private express the opinion that this thing "definitely came out of a lab".

Look at the huge number of profitable business coincidences. It's funny how if one uses those coincidences to make a case for intentional release of a bio weapon for profit and power the World will dismiss you as a "conspiracy theorist" yet the various stock enforcement bodies would and have investigated companies over much weaker "coincidences". Strange how they seem to have no interest in examining all the pre outbreak tip offs, warnings to stockpile expensive drugs and equipment and so on.

What distresses me the most is the huge number of people in high places willing to talk openly one on one who will play along with the public storyline. I'm assuming these men and women have families and cannot all be sociopaths willing to sit back and watch millions die. If they aren't willing to speak out and the media will not cover it, there is no hope of stopping any such "intentional pandemic". I'm guessing the large number of deceased bio med professionals has something to do with that hesitation.

new topics

top topics

<< 252  253  254    256  257  258 >>

join