It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 247
<< 244  245  246    248  249  250 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman
I am simply refuting those who have inaccurately claimed that we should already have reached Level 6.

Stating that we are in a position that we should already by at Level 6
is not inaccurate.

en.wikipedia.org...

These figures show the virus has gone human to human all over the planet.

It's clearly more than two WHO regions involved.
It's clearly a Level 6.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
deleted wrong thread

[edit on 2-5-2009 by liveandlearn]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
These phases do not take into account the severity of the outbreak, or the disease itself. Clearly the disease is not spreading that rapidly, and more importantly its merely a lame flu. Sure there is a potential for future problems... but today by using these fancy terms and phase 6 what have you they are causing a panic and i believe this system needs to be more realistic in relation to the virus we are actually dealing with.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
What they're looking for is "Mexican to human to human to several humans" based on the "new" criteria.

They are looking for people with no connection to Mexico to infect others who infect many others. Apparently the lethality being tied to Mexico has them acting a bit "non-committal".

As one of my sources pointed out, this flu might actually take a long time to kill someone. Yet another desirable characteristic for a bio-weapon. You want as many of the target population infected before the alarm goes up. A mild flu that people don't even seek medical help for that turns deadly after 3 weeks - well, that's a tough one to fight.

Adding to the fun, the "Tijuana Trips" virus does not like to be cultured in eggs which means a vaccine is going to take a lot longer to develop.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I haven't kept up with the last 10 pages or so - hope this wasn't posted already.

Gov. Lingle spills the beans about Level 6

www.infowars.com...

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

Best post I have read in this thread for a while, prett much agree with that pal spot on

[edit on 2-5-2009 by IamNow]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Here's a link to an observation I noticed while reading a WHO news release...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Notice my bold in the text of the article and my end comments...

[edit on 5/2/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Swine Influenza Virus (SI), Flu

Swine influenza is caused by a number of closely related influenza A viruses that are noted for their ability to change their antigenic structure and create new strains.
Each serotype is identified by surface proteins referred to as "H" and "N". The three common strains that affect the pig are described as H1 N1, H1 N2 and H3 N2. There are also different strains within these serotypes with differing pathogenicity (capacity to produce disease).

The incubation period of the disease is very short, as little as 12-48 hours and the onset is usually rapid and dramatic.

It is virtually impossible to maintain a population of pigs that is influenza virus free.

SI in large herds may become endemic with intermittent bouts of disease and infertility and different strains may also sequentially infect the herd. Immunity to influenza viruses is often short lived (6 months) and the immunity profile in the breeding herd varies considerably with time.

For the people who don't know why its called swine flu. The real question should be why don't they want to call it swine flu.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
# US, California, Ventura: Third Probable Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Prompts Jail Closure; Two Nurses Who Treated Cases Are Hospitalized2 minutes ago from web

# Sudan, Khartoum: 15 Swine Farms Burned; Minister of Health Assures That Country Is Free of Influenza A (H1N1). #swineflu #H1N110 minutes ago from web

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
CBC (TV) is reporting that Canada has 17 new confirmed cases which brings the total of Canadian cases up to 73.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
normal flu infects 2% of the population, not even that.

And, normal flu does not spread this rapidly across the global. Hong Kong flu fatality rate was 1-2%, but 50% of those who came into contact were infected.

The infection rate is the key.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
Swine Influenza Virus (SI), Flu

Swine influenza is caused by a number of closely related influenza A viruses that are noted for their ability to change their antigenic structure and create new strains.
Each serotype is identified by surface proteins referred to as "H" and "N". The three common strains that affect the pig are described as H1 N1, H1 N2 and H3 N2. There are also different strains within these serotypes with differing pathogenicity (capacity to produce disease).

The incubation period of the disease is very short, as little as 12-48 hours and the onset is usually rapid and dramatic.

It is virtually impossible to maintain a population of pigs that is influenza virus free.

SI in large herds may become endemic with intermittent bouts of disease and infertility and different strains may also sequentially infect the herd. Immunity to influenza viruses is often short lived (6 months) and the immunity profile in the breeding herd varies considerably with time.

For the people who don't know why its called swine flu. The real question should be why don't they want to call it swine flu.

Some lobbyist from the Pork industry got his panties in a knot over it, that's why. Just look how the Egyptians are reacting (killing all the pigs in Egypt). Then again, maybe they have another, better reason to kill those pigs.....

I ate bacon this morning anyway. I don't care if Jose was getting "la familiar" with a pig and set off the great Mexican pig #er epidemic of 2009. I'm still going to eat bacon, (well done, of course).

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieSlayer
CBC (TV) is reporting that Canada has 17 new confirmed cases which brings the total of Canadian cases up to 73.

chit thats spreading fast

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
From Pfizer Animal Health. The evolving nature of the swine influenza virus (SIV) makes it hard to control, especially in show pigs.

"This virus is constantly changing and adapting to new conditions, which makes it more difficult to control," he explains. "But because it plays a role in causing respiratory problems and is a significant contributor to the porcine respiratory disease complex (PRDC), it poses a serious threat for swine herds." Show animals can face an even bigger threat from SIV due to the increased exposures they face at various shows throughout the season.

Over the years, SIV has evolved from one basic subtype - H1N1 - that used to occur mainly in fall [autumn] and early winter. In 1998, a new subtype - H3N2 - appeared. Researchers said it developed from human, swine and avian influenza viruses that had somehow combined. This subtype caused a swine flu epidemic because pigs were only immune to the H1N1 subtype. Some years after that, another subtype of SIV emerged - H1N2 - and it affected some pigs but was not as widespread.

This article is from september 2008. And I found what it says very interesting considering nobody wants to admit it came from pigs.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
US, Utah: Health officials confirm first influenza A (H1N1) case in the state; child from Park City with recent travel history to Mexico.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Someone posted that victims in Mexico are getting re-infected by the TJ Trips virus. I can't find that post now, can whoever posted that post again and do you have a source for that report? I have some people at the CDC who want the skinny on that, pronto.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Hysteria is running rampant, in the media, in the shopping mall, on ATS and here in this thread.

Here's some perspective.....

Daily Global Deaths caused by or associated with:

Hunger/Poverty: 50,000
Heart Disease: 40,000
Cancer: 20,000
Allopathic Medicine: 15,000
Symptoms Claimed to be AIDS: 5,000 (most in Africa - hmmmm?!)
Road Accidents: 4,000
War: 1,000

Swine Flu ......... 1 or 2 ?

April 29, when media is claiming 152 global deaths, WHO say this is bunk and true figure is 7 ?!
www.smh.com.au...

Keep a sense of perspective people

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by RogerT
Hysteria is running rampant, in the media, in the shopping mall, on ATS and here in this thread.

Here's some perspective.....

Daily Global Deaths caused by or associated with:

Hunger/Poverty: 50,000
Heart Disease: 40,000
Cancer: 20,000
Allopathic Medicine: 15,000
Symptoms Claimed to be AIDS: 5,000 (most in Africa - hmmmm?!)
Road Accidents: 4,000
War: 1,000

Swine Flu ......... 1 or 2 ?

April 29, when media is claiming 152 global deaths, WHO say this is bunk and true figure is 7 ?!
www.smh.com.au...

Keep a sense of perspective people

i see your point but none of those are an infectious disease capable of mutating into a more deadly strain (or less it must be said) as well as infecting anybody as nobody has immunity to it.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410

i see your point but none of those are an infectious disease capable of mutating into a more deadly strain (or less it must be said) as well as infecting anybody as nobody has immunity to it.

I thought AIDS would qualify for that?

How about we add all infectious diseases into the rankings. Where do you think this swine flu would fit in. I'll wager it'll still be pretty close to the bottom.

[edit on 2/5/09 by RogerT]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
US, Virginia: Lexington: State Officials Confirm Influenza A (H1N1) in a Washington and Lee Student; Third Confirmed Case in Virginia #H1N15 minutes ago from we

new topics

top topics

<< 244  245  246    248  249  250 >>

join