It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 246
<< 243  244  245    247  248  249 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamNow
reply to post by Laurauk

Mexico = 16 Deaths
US = 1 Death From Mexico
Canada = 0 Deaths
Spain = 0 Deaths
Germany = 0 Deaths
UK = 0 Deaths

Thats the numbers you need to be looking at

More people have died from Crack in Mexico than H1N1.

Why! many of us are interested to see the countries with confirmed cases of secondary transmission so we now see what the liars are trying to fool us with!

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk

I really do not know what you have been watching, the virus has spread from human to human contact to those who have not been to mexico, take your head out of the sand for goodness sake.

[edit on 2-5-2009 by Laurauk]

I am speaking of the actual cases of CONFIRMED human to human, SUSTAINED (or community level) infection. I don't make the rules...I am applying the WHO's definitions.

Confirmed reports do not include: Twitter reports, unconfirmed media reports nor does it include a conversation with Auntie Mary who is a Nurse in NC.

Facts are a stubborn thing.

I am not saying that we won't see Phase 6. I am simply refuting those who have inaccurately claimed that we should already have reached Level 6.

Plus have of you on here seem to arguing that the flu exists only in North America and no where else...so which is it ATSers?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by BiohazardsBack

Good link and good catch. My guess is that they back tested some cases that came in earlier which didn't match any current subtypes. They give a breakdown each week of which subtype each submitted flu samples tested positive for. I have seen some that didn't test positive for any subtype. I would provide the link but I am unable to find it at the moment. I used to subscribe to updates from them.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
www.bloomberg.com...

May 2 (Bloomberg) -- The World Health Organization probably will go to phase 6 on its pandemic alert scale because of the outbreak of swine flu, said Michael Ryan, the WHO’s director of global alert and response.

Okay...someone needs to get a clue and start getting accurate info out,it's getting ridiculous all the way around!

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
My wife is mexican and has regular contact with her family in mexico over the phone. The story that is told by her family and friends as acertained by them is that it originated in Guatimala. They are also under the impression that it was artificially created and has little to do with the swine at all. They beleive that private entities in the United States are responsible. I do not know what to think but it is interesting that little is mentioned of Guatimala, since it has an alarming number of deaths , as reported by Mexican television before the global alarm. Mexico also had sent a large number of anti-viral doses to Guatimala as a preventitive measure against the spread of what at the time was an unknow virus.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Again on the probables vs. confirmed:

The nasal swab only indicates positive or negative for A, B or C type influenza. Either you get an immediate negative result (such as happened to my family this past week) or you get a positive and are labeled a "probable" and more than likely given Tamiflu and put into self isolation.

The positive swabs are sent to the CDC to be tested in depth to see if they type for Swine or Human. Since the seasonal flu time period is over in this part of the World for the year any probable results should almost always result in a confirmed result for swine flu.

A disparity in that either means someone is sending all swabs to the CDC, flu positive or not or the confirmed numbers are being fudged.

Another point, perhaps the most critical -
The difference in health care between Mexico and the rest of the World could explain the lack of fatalities to some extent but this is ridiculous. On the surface, it would seem we have a virus which was very lethal to people in Mexico who caught it in the early stages of the epidemic and less lethal to everyone else.

Other than a mutation the only reason for this I can think of would be that the virus was indeed a bioweapon sourced disease.

A key problem with biological warfare is containing the spread of the weapon so your own troops and innocent parties do not get infected. Bio weapons are engineered to be fast acting and if at all possible, to be lethal for a short period of time. They've played around with some very lethal agents but without the ability to vaccinate the entire population minus the target a great deal of research goes into creating genetic modifications that put a "timer" on the bio weapon.

Unless they were able to get ahold of seed from a sophisticated bio weapons system, such as a US or Russian lab, there's no way this virus came from a mountain cave, AL Queda "biolab".

The lack of fatalities outside the first wave is convincing me that this virus was a bio weapon, released in Mexico which came from a top of the class laboratory.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

Oh, so we get a hint but no confirmation date?

...damn WHO.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
# Mexico: First four cases of influenza A (H1N1) confirmed in Chihuahua State #swineflu #H1N112 minutes ago from web

# US, Iowa: Governor Declares Public Health Emergency After CDC Confirms Case of Influenza A (H1N1) #swineflu #H1N115 minutes ago from web

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Somebody please help me understand this...

The whole discussion about it being transfered person-to-person or a substained spread is something i'm not following....

H1N1 originates from pigs in Mexico and thus the population there could be infected. Which means the virus only spreads to people who have been in contact with pigs??

Now i haven't been to Mexico ever and i don't know if it's a national thing or something to let tourist who visit there to get an up close and personal greeting from a pig but i doubt it very much...

This would mean that everybody who has been vistiting Mexico and got back infected most likely would have got this from some ill mexican (person-to-person transfer).

Why would it make any difference were you got this flu. If you haven't been playing around with pigs in Mexico recently and you test positive for H1N1 you would have got it from an other person ,no matter what your geographical location is.

Most people who go on a holiday to Mexico do so not for a few days but more like a few weeks (atleast if you're traveling from Europe..)
Maybe the incubation period is a few weeks and the WHO are monitoring Mexico closely because they already know that whoever travelled to Mexico is gonna get ill. But everything that is happening in Mexico reight now will happen around the world in a matter of days/weeks.

I hope i have explained myself clearly here because i'm struggeling with a language barrier but what i mean is...every infection so far has been a person-to-person infection only it has been going around for some time in Mexico and the WHO knows this and hopes to god the numbers in Mexico won't be to high 'cause this will evetually happen around the globe...

Just wanted to add my two cents and i don't care if the WHO raises this thing to level 6,7 or 8 we are SOL and JWF (to quote mr. Carlin)

Peace

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

have you been keeping a count, what are the numbers.
supect
confrimed

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

H1N1 Outbreak

Based on today's cases, Mexico is near 3,000.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
from a CNN article:

[CDC] Researchers are still struggling to understand the origin of the virus.

"What isn't making sense right now is why there weren't reports of illness in pigs," said Michael Shaw, leader of the laboratory team force for the 2009 H1N1 virus. "Usually, if you find a human who has been infected by a swine influenza virus, you look around, you start seeing sick pigs, and we haven't seen that."

It is possible that the virus did not originate in pigs. Swine viruses have been found in turkeys, for example, Shaw said.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

According to this story, news.yahoo.com... no pigs tested have shown any indication of H1N1. I believe the same goes for the hundreds of thousands of pigs slaughtered in Egypt.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

My point exactly....there seems to be ONLY person-to-person infections!!

No sick pigs anywere to be found....rather strange if you ask me.

hmmm....time for another beer and watch this thing unfold.

Stay healty!!!

Peace

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
reply to post by argentus

My point exactly....there seems to be ONLY person-to-person infections!!

No sick pigs anywere to be found....rather strange if you ask me.

hmmm....time for another beer and watch this thing unfold.

Stay healty!!

it does seem strange but i cant get my head around:

if this was man made, why is it so mild? sorta pointless

[edit on 2-5-2009 by jonny2410]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Yes...... I wonder why it was called "swine flu" intially anyway. It might've just as easily been labeled avian, human, swine, hybrid, according to the components that make it up. killing all the hogs in Egypt...... that I don't understand. Why not all the birds, if their goal was to erradicate any possibility of infection?

You be safe and healthy too. Best to be prepared for the worst, and hopefully that will not occur and we can all host "relief" parties.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The AP says there are 443 cases of swine flu in mexico alone.

653 worldwide

www.google.com...

I don't think the virus in its current form and the current time is a threat.
What happens in the winter maybe a different story.

[edit on 2-5-2009 by quixotical]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

You don't seem to understand!

If this was yesterday before WHO changed the definition for level 6, we would be at level 6 today!

They now change the rules as they go along it seems.

Now the definition says human to human transmission 'Easily Spread' and 'Community Level Outbreak to be counted as level/phase 6 pandemic

The part in bold text are additional definition added by WHO - BTW! they have changed the text definition 2 times this last week!

And btw! now you have besides Cataluña spain same additional cases in Great Britain - Germany with cases as of yesterdays WHO definition of a pandemic.

So far that I'm concerned! we are in a pandemic whatever spin the liars are telling us today.

(I wouldn't be surprised if WHO change the criteria and definitions one more time before they come clean)

Remember that the world economy is at stake here, they will do whatever it takes to save the poor rests of it.

And if you don't feel comfortable with all this information - sorry!

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by quixotical
The AP says there are 443 cases of swine flu in mexico alone.

653 worldwide

www.google.com...

I don't think the virus in its current form and the current time is a threat.

[edit on 2-5-2009 by quixotical]

bang on - in the winter we will see more cases, and if it has mutated then it could be more deadly

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
IMO it was named swine flu to give a name to the saint so to speak, or to cripple one of mexicos largest export industries. I think it is an engineered virus. Also from what I have heared directly from people in Mexico, they beleive the same and that it originated in Guatimala by means of US private entities. They dont beleive it has anything to do with swine at all.

top topics

<< 243  244  245    247  248  249 >>

join