It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

You make a great point. It might be harder for the virus to spread along this summer since our immune systems are stronger. However come next winter when people are getting less sun, the cold along with things like seasonal depression; we could see a somewhat active virus during the summer, turn into a killer during the winter.

I guess we will have to pan this out another few days and see how many cases the MSM report vs the doctors and people on the ground. I would think if it does go big the MSM won't be able to hide it past a certain point.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Louther
Its transmitted like the flu (aka bodily fluids like coughing, whipping your nose then touching something else).

TV news this morning says it's transmited by touch AND it's also airborne.
You just can't get away from this thing. Once it gets going ... people are stupid and will go out sick and get others sick.

That's why I have always said - if you are sick .. stay home!!!!!! Don't get the rest of us sick.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Here's a twitter feed.

I have asthama, located in UK and i'm getting nervous, purely because if these emails on bbc are correct, then the MSM is playing this thing down way too much.

I would recommend those who need to venture out in the next few days, get a mask and wear gloves, show others that this thing is serious.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
WASHINGTON (CNN) — The U.S. military has issued a worldwide caution telling its medical personnel to be on the lookout for troops with signs of swine flu. The U.S. Northern Command issued a “force health protection advisory” saying the “novel strain” of swine flu that has been identified is “not a pandemic at this time” but reiterated to military commands around the world the need for public health precautions.

Under law, Northern Command, based in Colorado Springs, Colorado, is the part of the military responsible for providing military assistance in medical emergencies such as a pandemic, if civilian authorities are overwhelmed and need help. No request for such assistance has been made.

But the worldwide message, issued late Friday, reminded troops to take basic precautions to avoid falling ill. Military populations, which are generally young and live in close quarters on bases and installations, are often vulnerable to highly communicable diseases. Northern Command, therefore, also has the responsibility for ensuring no epidemics break out to the point of impacting military readiness.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
If anyone is interested here is the link for an article about the one person suspected infected in Israel. This thing is making the rounds of the continents isn't it?

www.ynetnews.com...

From the article:
The hospital's director-general, Prof. Avinoam Skolnik, told Ynet he believes the young man does now have swine flu. "I'm saying this based on doctors' tests and based on the results of some of the lab tetst."

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The BBC link with people from Mexico sharing their stories is interesting. Almost ever person commenting is saying the death toll is higher than official reports, including medical staff even after they have had flu shots.

Some of you think this is a gov engineered breakout, I wonder, maybe it is the mexican cartel who have started this. I am sure these guys can get their hands on things like this. Its all about the $$$

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
WASHINGTON, April 26 (Reuters) - A top official at the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said on Sunday she feared some people in the United States would die as a new strain of swine flu spreads.

The agency's Dr. Anne Schuchat said in a telephone briefing with reporters that officials are preparing for a possible spread of the illness beyond the 20 cases confirmed in the United States and added, "I do fear that we will have deaths."

such language she is using...

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I was reading a news report earlier to day (can't find it now, but looking) that said the high risk age groups was 20-35. Apparently it kills those with higher immune systems because the immune system over reacts to this type flu.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I just recored a podcast on the subject. You can find it at this link:

Swine Flu Update

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
according the dutch news ... most of the sick peopple in mexico are recouvert...

Mexico

De meerderheid van de ongeveer 1300 mensen in Mexico die besmet zijn geraakt met het varkensgriepvirus, is weer beter. Dat zei president Felipe Calderon zondag.

Volgens hem zijn inmiddels al weer negenhonderd zieken gezond verklaard en liggen nog vierhonderd in het ziekenhuis voor controle. Hij riep de bevolking op kalm te blijven en samen te werken met de autoriteiten.

In Mexico zijn tot dusver 81 mensen omgekomen door besmetting met het virus.

source:

www.nu.nl...

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
If it was the PTB, wouldn't they want to play it up in the msm? Just a thought...

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by PowerSlave

Yeah I agree.
Good on the BBC for putting this out there for all to see.

For those who haven't read it yet:

news.bbc.co.uk...

Most disturbing is that the doctors and nurses were all vaccinated a week ago...and some died anyway....
As well as the young people dying of respritory failure before the alert was set off...they were never tested.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_awoke
reply to post by PowerSlave

Yeah I agree.
Good on the BBC for putting this out there for all to see.

For those who haven't read it yet:

news.bbc.co.uk...

Most disturbing is that the doctors and nurses were all vaccinated a week ago...and some died anyway....
As well as the young people dying of respritory failure before the alert was set off...they were never tested.

yeah im very disturbed over the testimonails im seeing... so not cool...

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Sometimes, masquerading the truth will not hurt. However ironic, I develop flu whilst posting about a flu related topic

[edit on 26-4-2009 by infinite]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Vintage Swine Flu PSAs from 1976.....

Anyone remember these?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Anyone remember the 1995 movie with Dustin Hoffman called Outbreak ? Really worth watching it again if you can, as it was at the time reckoned to be a pretty fair portrayal of how pandemics would spread

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
So far the only deaths are in Mexico, I think this is a good sign? We need to pay attention to deaths outside the original ground zero, because sometimes these mutations can be for our benfit.

But if this merges with bird flu by next winter, they might not have enough fema coffins

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Americans told to wear masks as swine flu spreads round globe

Doctors in America are advising worried patients to buy painters’ masks as a precaution against the global outbreak of swine flu that appears to have spread from Mexico to the United States, New Zealand and possibly Europe

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by rightuos

I am primarily very worried because my son has a immune defiency that limits his ability to combat even the most common of virus'. I've almost lost hime twice to Pneumonia and a Bronchitis we call Mono here in NB.

And since this is an ever mutating virus, or has the capacity to do so very easily, I am afraid that it might jump to something far more sinister and not have the proper medications to help him fight it off.

If any of these things reach NB I'm going to have to quaranteen the poor child.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Louther
Its transmitted like the flu (aka bodily fluids like coughing, whipping your nose then touching something else).

TV news this morning says it's transmited by touch AND it's also airborne.
You just can't get away from this thing. Once it gets going ... people are stupid and will go out sick and get others sick.

That's why I have always said - if you are sick .. stay home!!!!!! Don't get the rest of us sick.

I dont know about you but most people including myself have no choice but to go to work, dont go to work=lose your job. if I get sick or one of my co-workers get sick, hopefully it doesnt bring the hole guard force down.. Not to worry though we only guard a nuclear plant

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join