It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 232
<< 229  230  231    233  234  235 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by larphillips

exactly what i think. "No... that was from the pnuemonia he got riiiight after mister. Move along..."

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
How a global swine flu pandemic could actually be LESS dangerous than the annual flu season
Between 3 and 5 million people experience severe illness due to regular, seasonal flu around the world each year, and between 250,000 and 500,000 die as a result.
In the United States annually between five per cent and 20 per cent of the population becomes ill from the flu and 36,000 people die —a mortality rate of between 0.24 per cent and 0.96 per cent, reports have claimed.
The current mortality rate for swine flu is between 0.06 per cent and 0.24 per cent, the Los Angeles Times has reported - making it less lethal than the yearly bout of influenza.
The mortality rate and rate of transmission could change - for better or for worse. Flu viruses are known for being unpredictable, and from the beginning scientists have warned that this strain could mutate at any point - becoming either more or less deadly
'In the 1918 pandemic, the first wave was mild, but by fall, the second wave killed many people. So whichever way this virus swings, we can't possibly know,' said Guan Yi, a microbiologist at the University of Hong Kong.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Ole Macdonald had a farm, oink oink here oink oink there.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
What I don't like is at the start it is one hell of a big alert. They say a NEW virus is coming... it is a new flu... etc...

They told everybody to get ready... and... and....

and now I have a feelling that they are now downgrading all the importance of this.

They mislead us on 2 ways with the name swine flu:

Swine: Not related to swine
Flu: Is it a new virus, but everyone call it a flu. Is it really a flu or they wanted to make the association in our head between flu and this new virus.

They may be after tell: "After all, it mutated into another thing... this is not a flu but a new virus called blablabla..."

Thinking out loud....

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Well Heaven forbid he say anything that might be helpful. I kind of figured that he was going to get introuble for saying what he did. At least he cares.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
More confirmation on the Level 6 coming soon:

WHO to raise alert level as H1N1 virus spread

"It will be declatred Level 6 pandemic, if one more country is hit by swine flu," Dr Poonam Khetrapal, Regional Director, WHO, said.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Just thought an interim post would be helpful, to clarify the timeline:

Source: biosurveillance.typepad.com...

March 30 - 47-year-old hospitalized
April 2 - 15% increase in reported cases
April 6 - Mexican health officials declared a health alert
April 16 - unspecified number of atypical pneumonia cases detected
April 21 - confirmed two adults died from atypical pneumonia
April 22 - 16 employees had contracted respiratory disease
April 23 - doctor and a nurse under observation for suspected "atypical" pneumonia
April 24 - dramatic increase in reporting on the situation in Mexico
April 29 - first and ONLY death so far in Texas, USA
-------------------------------------------------------------

My interpretation:

3-5 days for symptoms to show
~2 weeks illness

Any mention of swine flu only really became 'news' (at least to me) on 23rd april. So here we are 3 days later from the US death and none the wiser.

Perhaps if there are people fighting for their life on respirators in USA, then next week will be disclosure; hospital workers will definitely leak any info, if they don't see their local news reporting breaking news. They can't silence everyone.

If this time next week, the figures are still much the same, then this is a false flag and we need to flick away the hair from the back of our heads and see what the bastards have been up to behind our backs.

p.s. i'm just waiting for the MSM to apply for bail-out funds, claiming imminent bankruptcy. Then the illuminati would have a WorldWide Carte Blanche on money, mobility, fuel, medicine and media.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
and so here we are, and it was just all hype right. No one dies in the states but a bunch in meheco. Hmmmm seems a bit fishy to me. It's kinda like a calm before the storm. Or as some could put it Just a dry run Test.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
It seems the reason this is going to be a pandemic is because it is extremmely contagious. Regular flu is contangious enough but it seems like almost everybody that comes in contact with this catches it. So even with normal flu death rates or even less it would kill quite a bit of people if a very large % of earths population caught it. It's nothing to panic about but enough to be concerned about.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by 13Etznab

I'm disgusted because in England, it's bank holiday weekend (ironic, i know) and yesterday and today, all news items have relegated the piggy flu to second slot.

Perhaps, there's too much money to be made over the weekend, to announce impending doom 'n gloom.

SMR

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Pentagon is now posting a daily H1N1 flu report

fhp.osd.mil/aiWatchboard/

The DOD is now doing updates... Really?

Welcome to the Department of Defense Pandemic Influenza Watchboard
In an influenza pandemic, the DoD's mission is to preserve the U.S. combat capabilities and readiness and to support U.S. government efforts to save lives, reduce human suffering and slow the spread of infection.

fhp.osd.mil...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by elvanvitar

Just start watching the TV closely and listen for the studio crews coughing in the background. They can't hide it forever.

I'm gonna watch the live snooker final in England on monday, and with the silence needed between shots, i'm eager to see how many of the crowd show any symptoms.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

There is also a lot of political action going on. Nato and russian, new russian pipeline deal...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Ex-Sec Defense Donny Rumsfeld in flu business:

/cf7kwh

mycommonsensepolitics.net...:flying-pigs-tamiflu-and-factory-farms&catid=88:fighting-internal-en emies&Itemid=2

Swine Flu the NAFTA FLU ??

/d8bhj3

mycommonsensepolitics.net...:how-qthe-nafta-fluq-exploded&catid=77:diplomatic-policy&Itemid=2

Bob...

[edit on 1-5-2009 by rhw007]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by wyleecoyote

Which part of Mexico are you in? Have you found anything new out?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
sorry bout the one liner, mod, Anyway, my friend at web site, sent me some info today that was very interesting. It stated there were a bunch of tamiflu samples laced with the Bird flu strain. And somehow they went missing.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by elvanvitar

It is not the fact that this is a contagious virus that the WHO is concerned with alone, or many of the other worrisome factors such as the severity of the illness in some cases.

In fact the main concern is that they can do nothing to stop it, the production of a vaccine that is available to all needed to prevent further spread is now weeks perhaps months away. That is the greatest danger. And there is likely no way they can vaccinate enough people now to stop a full blown pandemic.

The one bright spot in all of this is that so far this bug does not seem to be much worse than any common flu, but it could still kill a lot of people and even sicken a rather large percentage of the global population.

If it does die down, perhaps before a resurgence in the fall then maybe between those who have survived infection and developed immunity and the development of a vaccine that will be available by then could save a lot of lives.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, my greatest fear is a widespread public panic. That, in my opinion is the worst case in this. If millions panic it will likely do far more damage than the virus itself.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Drummer thats a big stick if true.........I will drill you like everone drills me
.........Just joking......I take all info and process......but do you have anything else that you can add without giving up your source??

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Just a note to my fellow smokers out there in case of lvl 6: STOCK up lol. My partner and i are going to buy a carton tonight, to keep against emergency's. lol

(don't mean to offend non smokers, sorry if i did)

Cherry

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

I will see if I can transfer the E-mail to here, I didn't read it all but since there is interest. I shall.

new topics

top topics

<< 229  230  231    233  234  235 >>

join