It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 230
<< 227  228  229    231  232  233 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
i know very little of this type of stuff, Flus, Pandemics

Do the Flu's usually ? ...sometimes ?...always ?..mutate

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by aramaki

the mass populace is not that intelligent, no disrespect to all, but not everyone has time to research these things most are hard working, or just not intelligent enough to research, to dependant on the systems they live in, and their only source of info, is the MSM. So hysteria has to be contain, and by the way folks everything happens for a reason, not you me or anyone here on this message board can stop fate. period, love your loved ones and enjoy life as long as you can.

Closure...

PEACe

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
from what i gathered from the doc the other day and reading online,that yes..they are allways changing within its own ''family'' to say..This one is a special type of flue because it is a bridge that Avian flu can now be contagious from human to human..as where it has always been from animal to human,,wich is certainly much more controllable..Once it gets into this type of flu the table gets very quickly turned..

but I am sure there are others that can tell you more and probably correct any screw up i typed..

I hope if i am wrong in anything I just wrote someone will correct me..I dont like to pass bad info..

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

China suspends flights from Mexico

BEIJING -- With a case of influenza A/H1N1 confirmed in a flight coming from Mexico, the Chinese government has decided to suspend flights from Mexico to Shanghai in east China, the Foreign Ministry said Saturday.
www.chinadaily.com.cn...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Adrifter

I agree with you but I also believe those of us here have awakened for a reason........Not sure yet, but there is a big difference in those of us who watch MSN and those of us members here on ATS......

Knowledge is the key

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Here's a link to the genetic sequences of various samples of A/H1N1:

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Back on page 226, I posted stuff on the killer in the closet: H5N1. This infects chickens (think poultry farms) in Asia and has about a 70% mortality rate, but isn't easily transmissable. If (when) this one hooks up with that one, you have a new bug with a very high transmission rate coupled with a very high mortality rate. No wonder WHO is highly nervous and circumspect.

Makes me nervous, too.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you click on the links, you'll have the full articles from which I excerpted the information posted. Very important stuff I think.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by apacheman]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Tent city at Austin hospital opens to treat children with flu symptoms

A tent city is now up and running, treating children with flu-like symptoms at Austins' Dell Children’s Medical Center. But while visits to the ER are up, doctors caution that's no indication of an epidemic. “We have been very busy at Dell Children's Medical Center, seeing about 50 to 70 percent more patients than usual,” explained Dr. Pat Crocker, medical director of the center’s emergency department. “Right now, the patients we're seeing far and away have some other routine cold virus.”

Link

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
you know how everyone is saying the virus is not deadly now because it hasnt started mutating yet-- knowing that--- wouldnt it be better to come down with it now (while it isnt killing anybody) rather than later? because at least then you would have some sort of immunity--- perhaps all these early swine flu victims are the lucky ones?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
it would be best not to get it at all, but i see your point do you wanna take the risk even tho we dont know much about it. level 5 is right i think they will do that to try and cover their ass'es but will still keep information

my opinion

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tiger28

From what i have read, and im not an expert, if it changes everyone will get it again, cause you only imune to a specific virus, not the mutated one. People correct me if im wrong, cause as i said, i dont know much about virusses..

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Computational quantitative projections for H1N1 flu dynamics in the United States

We are using high performance computational techniques and multi-layer, large scale computer simulations to project the time course of the H1N1 flu epidemic in the United States. Our simulations yield projections and risk assessments of the epidemic outbreak in a worst case scenario, in which no containment measures are taken to mitigate the spread. Therefore, the actual case numbers are expected to be smaller as mitigation strategies and containment efforts become effective. We are constantly updating our forecast, taking into account new information on confirmed cases and more precise information on the transmissibilty and disease-specific parameters.

rocs.northwestern.edu...

You can also view a video of the projection over the next four weeks!

AFTER 28 DAYS - 2012 Cases!

[edit on 1-5-2009 by JanusFIN]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pazzzzz
reply to post by tiger28

From what i have read, and im not an expert, if it changes everyone will get it again, cause you only imune to a specific virus, not the mutated one. People correct me if im wrong, cause as i said, i dont know much about virusses..

Quite right: it depends on exactly how it mutates and how fast. Both count.

If you get it again, it should be less severe if it hasn't had a chance to mutate much, say a month or two. If it mutates a lot you won't have much immunity at all.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

After 28 days, 2012 cases?

2012... realy? wow... what a coincidence...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecrow001
do you wanna take the risk

oh no way- i would never take the risk-- just wondering- thats all

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Yikes, that was with using the under-reported figures from April 29th. I wonder what it would look like if they added, say, 25% of the suspected cases?

The video

rocs.northwestern.edu...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

map was getting a little to RED for my liking

Imagine if they showed 28 MORE days ....................

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ew128

That is awesome I really needed a good laugh thanks a lot

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Nonsense you must not look up very often!

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Sometimes you just have to laugh in the face of doom and gloom.

Mexicans dealing with the crisis.

Mexico turns to humor, creativity to endure flu

www.msnbc.msn.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/96654170e77e.jpg[/atsimg]

MEXICO CITY - Televisa is cutting all "nonessential" kisses from its soap operas. A song called the "Influenza Cumbia" is climbing the charts. Cringe-worthy swine flu jokes are spreading faster than the illness ever could.

As Mexicans lock themselves inside in fear of the virus, they can't help but have a little fun with it as well.

Maybe we should all learn from their example.

Laugh in the face of FEAR!

Mexican officials are claiming that the virus is "stabilizing"

top topics

<< 227  228  229    231  232  233 >>

join