It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 228
<< 225  226  227    229  230  231 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by xoxo stacie
reply to post by blackrabbit1

I was listening to the conference this morning and they said it isn't the severity it is how far it has spread. (different WHO regions etc.)
They claimed to have only had confirmation of human to human transfer in the USA and Mexico as of the time of the conference which is total bullpucky! They know it is already over in the EU nations and has been human to human there too. They are/where most likely waiting for the markets to close as usual before telling everyone it is really a six like they have told most states here in the USA.

WHO do seem to mention a lot that they depend on figures from world governments. Could it be a problem of communication? That as soon as a country finds out it is not reporting this directly to WHO or maybe the chain through WHO is so long that news coming in takes a long time to reach the people that make decisions?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
my child just showed me an 'important' note from school- apparently a student in our district is being tested for swine and they are warning us not to panic and tell our kids about handwashing etc. why isnt the school closing??? orange county ny-- about 50 miles outside of nyc -- now i am starting to panic....

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Just get an RSS feed from this site sent to your cell phone. Your wife will barely know and you can stay up to speed.

link   

Originally posted by tiger28
my child just showed me an 'important' note from school- apparently a student in our district is being tested for swine and they are warning us not to panic and tell our kids about handwashing etc. why isnt the school closing??? orange county ny-- about 50 miles outside of nyc -- now i am starting to panic....

Don't panic - and don't be afraid to make the choice to
keep your child home from school if that is what feels right to you.
No one should make these decisions for us.
We are our own leaders.

link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Influenza A(H1N1) - update 8.1

1 May 2009 -- The situation continues to evolve. As of 23:30 GMT, 1 May 2009, 13 countries have officially reported 367 cases of influenza A(H1N1) infection.

The United States Government has reported 141 laboratory confirmed human cases, including one death. Mexico has reported 156 confirmed human cases of infection, including nine deaths.

The following countries have reported laboratory confirmed cases with no deaths - Austria (1), Canada (34), China, Hong Kong, Special Administrative Region (1), Denmark (1), Germany (4), Israel (2), Netherlands (1), New Zealand (4), Spain (13), Switzerland (1) and the United Kingdom (8).

Further information on the situation will be available on the WHO website on a regular basis.

WHO advises no restriction of regular travel or closure of borders. It is considered prudent for people who are ill to delay international travel and for people developing symptoms following international travel to seek medical attention, in line with guidance from national authorities.

There is also no risk of infection from this virus from consumption of well-cooked pork and pork products. Individuals are advised to wash hands thoroughly with soap and water on a regular basis and should seek medical attention if they develop any symptoms of influenza-like illness.

It would appear that in a matter of 12-18 hours America will have more cases than Mexico... That seems a tad odd.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by binkatonka

I took my son to the hospital here in CA and I asked the same question this is what I got out of it. They can test fast if it's a flu type a or b but the swine can attach to only A I believe I may be wrong it may be B, but if it's one that the swine flu attaches to then it takes 2-3 days to test for it.

Hope this helps

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Karel Paborsky

Under international law the WHO and the CDC can NOT publish any numbers as to infections and deaths until such a time as they themselves have conducted their own tests....ya get the drift in the numbers back log now?
Also the CDC told people a few days ago not to travel to Mexico unless it was "esential", ALL NON essential travel to Mexico should be cancelled. You can find it on their main site.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Karel Paborsky

That would only be reported cases

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

Does that mean sending samples to WHO?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Why aren't any families in the United States who apparently have swine flu talking about it online, or sending out messages regarding their experiences?

Who are all of these people that are sick with this and why have we not heard from the families themselves? Some of the people diagnosed over a week ago would be feeling better by now. Where are they, why aren't they talking?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
well ive tried not to panic but with the way things are now, ive decided to stock up on things.
dont where this will end up

but i guess its better to take action now.
i`m not sure whether these ffp3 masks will help much ? or if its just best to take lots of emmunity boosting things ? & assume all humans are infectious !
not sure how well tamiflu works ?
i think for now huge doses of vitamin c will shorten the flu by 24 hours, wich may not make you feel better with swine flu but it may be the difference between life & death !!!.
any swine flu survivors out there care to offer any advice to the doomed waiting to be infected would be good

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
news.xinhuanet.com...

Two more U.S. military personnel confirmed as having A/H1N1 flu
www.chinaview.cn 2009-05-02 05:02:34 Print

LOS ANGELES, May 1 (Xinhua) -- Two military personnel at Camp Pendleton in California have been confirmed as having A/H1N1 flu, raising to three the number of military personnel infected with the virus, the Marine Corps announced on Friday.

The two personnel have been put in quarantine and are recovering, said the announcement, adding that no other troops are quarantined.

The Marine Corps did not designate whether the two are sailors or Marines.

A Marine at the Twenty-nine Palms base has also been confirmed as having the flu, previously also known as swine flu, and is recovering, officials said.

Meanwhile, new cases were reported in Delaware, Illinois, Kentucky, South Carolina and Tennessee, bringing the U.S. total infections to 151, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The Monday death of a 23-month-old Mexican toddler in Houston remains the only confirmed fatality outside Mexico from the disease, the agency said.

About 400 schools have now been closed nationwide, 300 of them in Texas and 62 in Alabama, according to the Los Angeles Times on Friday.

The two states have also canceled high school athletic events for the time being, the paper said.  

Editor: Mu Xuequan

Not sure if this is up on here already but wanted to put it up here for my La neighbors.
So far so good. Honestly surprised we haven't heard of more cases out here.

link   
reply to post by Asherah

In the UK they are talking about (from a distance and behind living room windows). I get what you mean though, despite what we get it still feels like they are holding back. I don't know if I am making myself anxious.

link   
reply to post by Asherah

Yep you would think they would be on the news.

good point.

link   
reply to post by Asherah

I have been wondering the samething this past two days to be honest. If the MSM knew who these people where they would go and talk to them. Really starting to make me worry now that NO ONE who has had this is talking about it to anyone!
The only people that have been shown in this whole thing are the people from the village in Mexico. The same one's who are now getting sick AGAIN.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I've seen 2 people talking about it on the news a young boy, and young girl and their families about 2 days ago

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Asherah

Buh Buh Suh News

There some on here under UK Situation, don't know if the outside world would see that tab though.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by cooler

I'm thinking of adapting my 3 sleep apnea masks...

They are the full face type and have rubber seals that can be pretty tight when needed...

They have like 3'-4' tubes on them that I want to adapt to a canister that would filter my air...

Any suggestions for cheap, plentiful materials to use?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I've seen several reports with 'survivors'. There was a teenage girl on like CNN (I think Anderson Cooper) about 2 nights ago. She appeared with her dad, talking about having had it and what it was like being sick with it. She had fully recovered.

There is a family of 5 who had all had it who were featured in an article on one of the main news sites recently -- MSN. Here's the link:
www.msnbc.msn.com...

So 'survivors' are being interviewed and talking.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Just to let everyone know you can buy gasmasks at cheaperthandirt.com for like $10 we bought 5 of them just in case.

new topics

top topics

<< 225  226  227    229  230  231 >>

join