It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 225
<< 222  223  224    226  227  228 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
# Canada, Ontario: Four New Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed #swinefluhalf a minute ago from web

# Canada, Nova Scotia: Six Confirmed Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Reported #swineflu1 minute ago from web

# UK, Wales: Nine suspected influenza A (H1N1) cases under investigation; 16 cases ruled out. #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

[edit on 1-5-2009 by infinite]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frank8
I live in brimingham al, there was a confirmed case in madison co.

I used to live in Madison, Alabama. I can confirm this. I emailed back and forth with friends who are still there. The elementary school in town had two known cases. School is out in town for this week.

I'm in touch with a friend in Irondale, AL often.
Keeping an eye on the UAB thing ....

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
# US, Massachusetts: Eight Amherst College students in isolation after two probable cases of influenza A (H1N1) detected. #swineflu1 minute ago from web

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by aramaki
The CDC "is overwhelmed with testing," she said. Current testing turnaround time for results is 48 hours.

source: www.sun-sentinel.com...

That's no longer on that article. (or I missed it)

Broward Health Department Director Paula Thaqi did not say how many cases were referred to the state for testing, but "because of enhanced surveillance, there have been many specimens that have been forwarded."

If it's no longer in the article ..... wow.
They sanitized the 'CDC is overwhelmed with testing'.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
we are never going to know the real numbers because we all know that we are being lied to one way or an other. Does any one know if the WHO are going issue another link or what ever. panic level 3 for me, when it gets to 4 i am going for panic sex anyone

additional note may luck with with you.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by thecrow001]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yep, it was there. I saw it linked to in another one of the swine flu threads and read it on the site myself.

With that kind of scrubbing down with the news, we're not going to get anything decent unless we save every article to our hard disk the second it is released.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

To know the truth, we must look at the first news of an event. Because after, line are removed like that.

Nice find. Not the first time it would happen. This is why our job is so important. As soon as someone get a news, we must take a copy of that text. Real important for analyzing evertyhing after.

link   
# Spain, Madrid: Suspected Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Decreased from 17 to 5 #swineflu3 minutes ago from web

link   
One thing I don't get is... why wikipedia seems to be outdated?

www.idemc.org... says

Mexico City

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
A member of my family has flown to the United States and gone on a cruise.

In your personal opinion, on a scale of 1-10, considering the situation that we are in now, what do you think the chances are of them catching this flu?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
People are starting to come out im watching fox rightnow 1st a congressman says "WHERE IS THE COVERAGE,WE DECLARED A NATIONAL EMERGENCY SUDAY BROKE INTO THE BASKETBALL GAME AND NOW NOTHING.WE NEED TO CLOSE BORDERS THIS LOOKS LIKE A POST KATRINA SITUATION"the second guy is a spokesman for the border-patrol and is pissed because they will get in trouble if they were mask because thay are not instructed not to..if youre on here check out fox news its heating up again

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by alchemist2012

Is there anyway to confirm this?

link   
every chances to catch it if they are next to someone who has it.

link   

Originally posted by Kram09
A member of my family has flown to the United States and gone on a cruise.

In your personal opinion, on a scale of 1-10, considering the situation that we are in now, what do you think the chances are of them catching this flu?

From the figures I've seen at the rate of infection we'll have close to 100,000 infected by mid-June.

I'm going to go with a 4 on the scale of 1-10 for now. A cruise ship is a great place for infection spreading.

link   
# Uruguay: Two Suspected Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Dismissed; No Case Under Investigation Countrywide At This Time #swineflu4 minutes ago from web

link   
reply to post by bonesinis

What will I be looking for now?

A couple of buzz words:

Mutation (s)
Africa
Asia
Amino Acids
Third World Death Rate
Resistance to Anti-Viral Drugs
Level 6
Possible Vaccine
Burn Out
Quarantine in Third World Countries

From the very beginning of this whole thing I have always thought that if this H1N1 got to Africa it would have a good chance of finding what it needed to become everything we all fear. I am now pretty confident that if you get the current virus and catch it early you will be able to make it through. If you allow it to set into your system and run it's course it will begin to get bad.
Once again, I will now shift my worry to Asia and Africa and hope and pray that this thing burns out.
I do not want to see this virus back in the fall. I do not think it will be good if it does.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
www.telegraph.co.uk...

The last, and mildest, of three pandemics during the 20th Century, it was first reported in Hong Kong in July, spreading swiftly through a densely populated area, and infecting 15 per cent of the country's population.

The outbreak only lasted six weeks in Hong Kong but within the first fortnight it had spread through Asia to northern Australia and Europe.

By September 1968, the virus entered California, carried by troops returning from the Vietnam War, and by December had spread through America.

The following year it spread through Japan, Africa and South America.

Deaths around the world peaked in December 1968 and January 1969 with the elderly being hit hardest.

However, the flu remained virulent and hit hard again the following winter. 30,000 people in England and Wales died from it, including 2850 in one week in January 1970.

The Hong Kong flu was the first known outbreak of the H3N2 strain. It arose in pigs infected with avian and human viruses and was soon transferred to humans.

Experts believe that thousands more might have died but had built up an immunity from the previous pandemic, the Asian flu virus, which had swept through the world in 1957, killing an estimated two million people.

Who'd've thought you'd experience two pandemics in your life? siiigghh.

I remember the Hong Kong flu very well...damned near killed me and my whole wing. I was stationed in Korea in response to the Pueblo crisis when it hit us. Everybody, and I mean everybody got sick enough to warrant 48-hour bedrest excuses from the medics. We had a morbid laugh about that, since we were working 18 to 55 hour days seven days a week under absolutely horrendous conditions at the time. I recall taking five minutes to put the ladder up on the bird then having to gather the will and strength to drag my sorry carcass up it, one rung at a time, resting between rungs, then having to wake the aircrew who had passed out pretty much as soon as they shut down the engines, then helping each other slowly back down the ladder. Try battling a flu encased in six layers of winter protection gear because the temperature was waaaay below zero (about 78 below or so at one point). Then add lice. About eight did die from the base. Makes me ill just remembering...

But the thing I'd like to emphasize here is that those of us who got it in Korea found that it recurred every time we changed climates: I and several others who transferred with me got ill a couple of weeks later, then again when we were all transferred again a few months later. It got less severe each time, but still knocked you on your butt for a couple of weeks.

I'd also like to point out that it, too, was a tri-species bug, but only had a 15% infection rate, and still killed 2,000,000, and the timing was lucky. This current one seems to have at least 4X the infection rate: I'll leave the math as an exercise for the student.

Some reports from La Gloria indicate that some who were ill in February or March and recovered are getting sick again. I'll try to find the link and post it. If someone already has that report would you mind putting up the link?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Isn't this 400 today for Mexico?

# Mexico, Hidalgo: 24 Suspected Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Reported. #swineflu #H1N1less than 20 seconds ago from web

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecrow001
we are never going to know the real numbers because we all know that we are being lied to one way or an other. Does any one know if the WHO are going issue another link or what ever. panic level 3 for me, when it gets to 4 i am going for panic sex anyone

i dont know anybody to have panic sex with ...... im in a #ty state here....

Ct has one confirmed case

my sister there just told me so make the total state count 20 even.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
its starting to become interesting what anaylsts on BBC and Sky are saying. They say they expect the outbreaks to increase vastly in Africa and Asia. The analyst said he was very concenrned that mutation was likely to occur in Asia especially, citing it as the "hotbead of flu viruses".

top topics

<< 222  223  224    226  227  228 >>

join