It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 223
<< 220  221  222    224  225  226 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
So the first UK Human to human transfer has been confirmed

BBC Link

I still find it hard to believe that...

lol.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

Originally posted by xoxo stacie
reply to post by elitegamer23

Well about the only thing that is 100% is a bio suit and even then there can be a defect in the manufacture. The point with the N95 is that if you are keeping a safe distance from an infected person the only thing coming at you is larger particles that the mask does stop those.
Figure it this way keep a distance of at least 2 arm's lengths away...it's close enough!

thanks for the info. i just want to know when is the time to start wearing masks?
i have several n95 masks i got from work and some bought and i have a box of surgical masks.
i was kinda waiting til it was confirmed in my area before i started to hand these out to the people close to me.

i have a charcoal filtered mask with n95 pads over the breathing filters that i have bagged and ready to use if anyone around me is sick and needs cared for. i also have some work glasses to protect my eyes, i think im ready.

wow never thought id type such things.
what is this world comming to?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Karel Paborsky

It would totally depend on how "mutated" it has gotten. Most flu's don't go totally in the oppisite direction so you will have somewhat of a defence built up to them.
It is like this....people aren't ment to carry around dna/rna from an animal species...now we have a flu that has H1N1 A & B with dna/rna of animal flu strains.
Now with the N1H1 B we are accustomed to it. It is the most prolific type of seasonal flu strain....now the N1H1 A is another story and is what makes this flu so much more scary to the people studying it. Simply because we have very little (if any in some) immunity to it.
On top of that the N1H1 A make's it easier for the virus to mutate at a faster rate and pick up other virus's! Does that make the "freak out" easier to understand?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Canada plans mass vaccination centers

www.infowars.com...

and fox news says the US will have one by fall
www.infowars.com...

don't take the shots!

[edit on 1-5-2009 by MetatronCubensis]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MetatronCubensis

Alex Jones also suggested the United States was turning children gay, so let us be careful, yeah?

[edit on 1-5-2009 by infinite]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
# Thailand: All suspected influenza A (H1N1) cases ruled out. #swinefluhalf a minute ago from web

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

The title is a lie. As always, AJ (infowars) has taken information out of context and just plain lied.

The article talks about handing out anti-virals not vaccines. There won't be a vaccine for months.

This facility is a good idea. What better way to isolate the swine flu infected from the remaining sick?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karel Paborsky

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
Did anybody take into concideration that it would have taken a lot longer for a virus to spread globaly back in 1918 as apose to today's society...

It might have taken the 1918 virus 6 months to mutate...but how long did it take to circle the globe back then?? Now a days you can get half way around the globe in no time.....so can this virus as you can clearly see.

By the way anybody wanna bet this conficker-thingy from last month could stop our only reliable source of information if the ones calling the shots think we know more than enough??

Just thinking out loud here....to many weird things going on..

Peace

I'm very interested to know if someone catches any kind of flu; when it mutates and comes back do you have any protection against that or is it a case that it has changed so much that you are not resilient at all?

I heard a doctor answer that this morning and he said yes, you would have some immunity which may cause you to have a milder form if you were exposed again, so if it mutates you can get the mutated kind even if you had the original kind.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by Bombeni]

link   

From my cold dead body they can inject me with the vaccine. Otherwise, plucky will be running...

www.youtube.com...

link   
If anyone is interested I have a box of masks, gloves, goggles, 10 day food supply, water filter, all types of vitamins to give away. Just bought monday.

I don't have room to store it with my Y2K survival packs.

I also have to also start preparing for 2012 and my hole is not dug deep enough to store this stuff. LOL

link   
If anyone is interested I have a box of masks, gloves, goggles, 10 day food supply, water filter, all types of vitamins to give away. Just bought monday.

I don't have room to store it with my Y2K survival packs.

I also have to also start preparing for 2012 and my hole is not dug deep enough to store this stuff. LOL

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
# Costa Rica: Total of 129 Suspected Cases Nationwide, San José (58), Alajuela/Heredia (44), Alajuela (17), Puntarenas (7), Guanacaste (3)less than 20 seconds ago from web

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Star 4 U!

Thank goodness yer still with us!

Thought you might of died of panic sex before the actual flu got you!

fwstayala: Tarrant County now has 15 probable #swineflu cases; 6 confirmed
less than a minute ago from web

link   
reply to post by FX44rice

barely funny the first time, the second time just makes you look desperate for attention.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by elitegamer23]

link   

Alex Jones also suggested the United States was turning children gay, so let us be careful, yeah?

Seriously??

Thats a little crazy. My aunt told me I was gonna make my daughter a lesbian because its passed off in genes and gay parents give birth to gay babies.
I told her someone should tell my parents they are gay because they have missed that somewhere.

I found it funny... she did not. Sorry auntie Marsha.

Hugs,
Dax

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
# Germany, Bavaria: Fifth Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed #swinefluless than 20 seconds ago from web

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
# US, Missouri: Local media sources report that CDC has confirmed Missouri's first case of influenza A (H1N1) in Platte County. #swinefluless than 5 seconds ago from web

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
# France, Ile-de-France: Three "Probable" Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Reported; Test Results Pending. #swineflu #H1N1half a minute ago from web

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

Sorry that was accident twice. But believe me I have purchased masks, etc. and feel quite ridiculous at this point for doing so. I am not laughing at anyone taking this seriously, as I myself have been quite worried last few days.

Now I believe however that this is agenda to get vaccinations pushed and distraction to cover our worsening dire economic situation. BTW I thought it was funny as I am laughging at my own actions as well.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by FX44rice

well you were comming off as being quite sarcastic.

better safe then sorry. remember katrina and how mass numbers of people were not prepared?

id never let my family go through such insanity.

top topics

<< 220  221  222    224  225  226 >>

join