It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 222
<< 219  220  221    223  224  225 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Have you noticed that since people started blogging about the CDC not testing unless the case's are "severe" that the updates are containing things like a couple of people being under quarentine? Where as before it was just "suspected" and "confirmed".....

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I do not want to be blasted and I will refuse to go into defense mode over this post. I am only passing information to you and maybe someone else can verify from other sources that this has happened or is happening......

My nurse (from Boston) just got off the phone with one of her close friends who works at a Boston hospitial. She confirmed the same info as Charleston but with a twist......

She confirmed deaths have occured that tested positive for swine but were tagged that the cause of death was caused by some type of secondary illness. She mentioned that an HIV patient died that tested positive for swine but the cause of death was listed as HIV not swine....

This is making my head spin with all the other unusual info coming in........Can anyone verify this from one of there sources in hospitals on the east coast??

[edit on 1-5-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
# Mexico, Guanajuato: 14 Suspected Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Reported; No confirmed cases in State. #swineflu #H1N12 minutes ago from web

# El Salvador: Three Suspected Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Nationwide.#swineflu #H1N13 minutes ago from web

# US, California: Health officials report ten confirmed influenza A (H1N1) cases in San Diego county #swineflu3 minutes ago from web

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

yeah they help keep most of the microbes out. sanja gupta a very respectable doctor imo was on cnn stating they keep most but not all out.

i wish the n95 mask completely worked and u might be right but everything else i have read and heard doesnt offer 100% protection.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

The secondary illness could just be bacterial infection of the respatory system. It is a common secondary to hard flu case's and by law they are required to list it as the cause of death. EVEN if the flu is what started it. There has been alot of deaths ;but as with any flu they aren't normally listed as death from flu to the public only the CDC.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Suspected Swine Flu Cases Climbs to 129 In Costa Rica

The number of suspected swine flu cases continues to climb since the first confirmed case was announced on Monday. The total of number of people suspected of being infected by the swine flu in Costa Rica was 129 as of last night (Thursday).
insidecostarica.com...

link   

Altering death certificates is against the international regulations set out by the World Health Organisation. Every time a patient is diagnosed or tested, the WHO is informed, so (I'm afraid) it is difficult to prove death certificates are being misrepresented.

link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
She mentioned that an HIV patient died that tested positive for swine but the cause of death was listed as HIV not swine....

This is making my head spin with all the other unusual info coming in........Can anyone verify this from one of there sources in hospitals on the east coast??

[edit on 1-5-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

hiv isnt an actual cause of death is it? i always thought it was from something else and the hiv only weakens your immune system.

so id doubt it if someone told you a death was listed as HIV.

what do i know though.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by elitegamer23]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
# Mexico, Mexico City: Influenza A (H1N1) Restrictions Said to Spur Riot at Reclusorio Norte Prison. #swineflu #H1N1half a minute ago from web

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
Don't be an alarmist...

the devastating Spanish Influenza started out very mild in the spring of 1918, "only to reappear in the autumn of 1918 with a vengeance." That epidemic killed at least 50 million people around the globe.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by Walkswithfish]

Did anybody take into concideration that it would have taken a lot longer for a virus to spread globaly back in 1918 as apose to today's society...

It might have taken the 1918 virus 6 months to mutate...but how long did it take to circle the globe back then?? Now a days you can get half way around the globe in no time.....so can this virus as you can clearly see.

By the way anybody wanna bet this conficker-thingy from last month could stop our only reliable source of information if the ones calling the shots think we know more than enough??

Just thinking out loud here....to many weird things going on..

Peace

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
I do not want to be blasted and I will refuse to go into defense mode over this post. I am only passing information to you and maybe someone else can verify from other sources that this has happened or is happening......

My nurse (from Boston) just got off the phone with one of her close friends who works at a Boston hospitial. She confirmed the same info as Charleston but with a twist......

She confirmed deaths have occured that tested positive for swine but were tagged that the cause of death was caused by some type of secondary illness. She mentioned that an HIV patient died that tested positive for swine but the cause of death was listed as HIV not swine....

In the UK at least- it is very unusual for a person that has died whilst having flu to be pronounced as flu being the cause of death and instead fluid in lungs/ pneumonia etc.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I wish there was a way to monitor the number of deaths caused by illness within the last 30 days compared to the average number of deaths caused by secondary illnesses per month.

Most people are talking about how this is a hoax, I believe the opposite. I believe its being under reported and covered up. I believe are media coverage is getting a small percentage and is around 15 days behind current time.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Human-to-human in Canada

# Canada, British Columbia: Four new influenza A (H1N1) cases confirmed; three are community acquired infections. #swinefluless than a minute ago from web

# Italy, Bologna: Two Suspected Influenza A (H1N1) cases test negative #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I have just as many questions as everyone here does.........None of this makes since.......

I hear its not bad.........then I hear we are not to say anything????

All I know to do is ask as many people I can for information to form an opinion........

link   

I have a close relative at a hospital in DC who has been taking a major role in this there, and to a lesser degree at the national level. She has confirmed similar things. From what they tells me, doctors are being encouraged to do everything to prevent transmission (of course), but they are not necessarily encouraged to test every possible person for the swine flu.

It's also come up where local lab results (ones that are equipped to test for this strain) are being discredited in favor of sending random samples to W.H.O. labs to be certified.

link   
B.C. swine flu count hits 15 with more cases expected, says Premier

Four new cases of swine flu have been diagnosed in B.C., bringing the total number of cases in the province to 15, Premier Gordon Campbell said Friday morning.

Link: www.cbc.ca...

So that brings the total of confirmed Canadian cases up to 47.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by ZombieSlayer]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
double post. computer froze up. please delete.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by ZombieSlayer]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
Did anybody take into concideration that it would have taken a lot longer for a virus to spread globaly back in 1918 as apose to today's society...

It might have taken the 1918 virus 6 months to mutate...but how long did it take to circle the globe back then?? Now a days you can get half way around the globe in no time.....so can this virus as you can clearly see.

By the way anybody wanna bet this conficker-thingy from last month could stop our only reliable source of information if the ones calling the shots think we know more than enough??

Just thinking out loud here....to many weird things going on..

Peace

I'm very interested to know if someone catches any kind of flu; when it mutates and comes back do you have any protection against that or is it a case that it has changed so much that you are not resilient at all?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

Well about the only thing that is 100% is a bio suit and even then there can be a defect in the manufacture. The point with the N95 is that if you are keeping a safe distance from an infected person the only thing coming at you is larger particles that the mask does stop those.
Figure it this way keep a distance of at least 2 arm's lengths away...it's close enough!

Another thing about all the "hand" washing you need to wash your FACE too! You have no idea how much stuff you can get on your face out and about it is actually really gross. We did a test on it in college and one chick threw up when we swabbed her face after she ate out at a pricey resuraunt....

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
# France, Paris: Media Reports First "Unofficial" Case; "Nonseasonal" Influenza A Confirmed; Final Test Results Pending. #swineflu #H1N12 minutes ago from web

# US, Oregon: Western Oregon University cancels classes after a student is identified as a probable case of influenza A (H1N1). #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

# US, Maryland: Health officials indicate first possible "community-acquired" influenza A (H1N1) transmission case; Rockville school closes.3 minutes ago from web

top topics

<< 219  220  221    223  224  225 >>

join