It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 214
<< 211  212  213    215  216  217 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410
642 cases are suspected in the UK =- Sky News

Yeah, I just heard that on Sky News. They said that thse figures were from 5pm yesterday though but only released today and that it was an increase of 412 cases under investigation in 24 hours

It sounds like it will be a waiting game for a few weeks as the guy speaking said they still don't know if the virus will weaken or grow stronger and that based on current tests, the virus does not like Tamiflu

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Adrifter

I can't find the comment now but yesterday someone posted that they set up a Field Lab in Dallas. Why would they do that at this point, unless they are expecting something very significant to occur?

I dunno what to think anymore. Sometimes I think the time I have spent here has made me paranoid; but then other times I am very thankful that at least I have/know the possible scenarios that could be played out in case. And ya know, people predicted there would be flu and a vaccine that we would be forced to take, and that scenario is apparently playing out before our very eyes. Even so, I just want to believe there is nothing sinister going on, but this little voice is saying to me "never let the enemy know your position" lol.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

I would be sceptical about any figure from sky, is this confirmed by any other source?

link   
Venezuela: Nine Suspected Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Still Under Investigation; 13 Recently Dismissed #swineflu
less than 10 seconds ago from web

Russia, Moscow: 2 Russian Nationals Hospitalized For Suspected Influenza A (H1N1) After Returning From New York. #swineflu #H1N1
2 minutes ago from web

US, Iowa: Governor declares "public health disaster." #swineflu #H1N1
3 minutes ago from web

US, Iowa: Officials indicate CDC laboratory is "deluged" with samples pending analysis; delay expected for test results. #swineflu
5 minutes ago from web

US, Iowa: Third probable influenza A (H1N1) case identified in state; resident of Marshall county under investigation. #swineflu #H1N1
6 minutes ago from web

US, Texas: Plano middle school student confirmed with influenza A (H1N1); school closed in response. #swineflu
9 minutes ago from web

link   
so what was the word from the who, are they gonna go up to level 6 or leave it alone and keep tellpn people the same ol thing

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by BiohazardsBack

Well from what understand from I have learned during the week, the symptoms are clear ya know, throwing up, Diaria, serious fever, etc. etc. should be no mysteries, not to mention hoarseness in voice. if you have those symptoms, well you need to rest and try to stay away from people period. If you get sick and don't have those symptoms you should still follow that protocol. DUH

[edit on 1-5-2009 by Adrifter]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

I think what you saw was a request to set up a lab in Dallas. According to the news station there were 13,000 suspected cases in Texas. They never repeated that number though nor did they correct it. I think they probably got a phone call from???

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackrabbit1
reply to post by jonny2410

I would be sceptical about any figure from sky, is this confirmed by any other source?

those figures are from the DOH

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
A pupil in England has confirmed with Swine Flu.

11 confirmed cases now.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Saudi Arabia, Riyadh: Suspected influenza A (H1N1) case in a crew member arriving at King Khalid International Airport tests negative.
half a minute ago from web

Poland, Warsaw: Suspected case was incarcerated with Mexican nationals while in Texas. #swineflu #H1N1
3 minutes ago from web

Poland, Warsaw: Polish National Hospitalized For Suspected Influenza A (H1N1) After Returning From Texas. #swineflu #H1N1
4 minutes ago from web

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

...Why is that reply directed at me/that post? It isn't really related to what I said...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

True, I personally do not know anyone who has this.. I would feel better knowing someone who has it and see the symptoms in my own light, and see how it all adds up. With the lack of coverage of people going thru the sickness its really hard to understand it all. You know seeing the sick of this illness, I hear ya thou. As far as I know I have seen no one on tv or online or in real life with this flu. So indeed that is part of the unknown at this time. It would not be a bad ideal to document the sickness..

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
reply to post by ecoparity

No they are not.........you can go back and look at one of my earlier post.......Now that is my personal experience.....I can't seak for Charleston

That's strange, I mean the course of this virus according to the reports is that it seems like a normal flu for 5 days or so and then the victim goes into respiratory distress. Anti-virals have to be given in the first 48 hours so if they aren't testing early or giving out the Tamiflu then what's the plan? ...Sounds like a great way to create some fatalities, IMO.

Not too sure. I was reading a story out of our local wrap (Salt Lake Trib) giving a summary of what's up locally, and apparently of the three "suspected" cases, two were given Tamiflu and recovering, and the other was past the 48 hour phase and was recovering as well. All three are doing very all apparently.

www.sltrib.com...

Schaffer said all three are over the flu -- they had fevers, coughs and sore throats -- and two were treated with anti-virals. The third wasn't treated because he sought care more than 48 hours after the onset of symptoms, and the anti-virals work best when started early.

From all that I can gather, this thing, though it's a new variant of Type A, is apparently not really the baddest mother on the block. Not a false alarm thing, but one to watch irregardless.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by TheStormofWar]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by BiohazardsBack

...Why is that reply directed at me/that post? It isn't really related to what I said...

Just to the story.. Is all. want to avoid the one liner here. But not you personally.. Might have misunderstood, but that what I got from it.. Sorry message boards are 2 dimensional you know..

[edit on 1-5-2009 by Adrifter]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
First UK-Infected Swine Flu Case Confirmed....

Sky News

So it's been confirmed.....this means we are technically now at WHO level 6, according to the conditions required.

Are we gonna be confirmed at level 6 before the end of the day?

link   
Just heard on the radio that there has been a case confirmed near me.

No more details as yet - but it's North West England - Merseyside and the Sefton area.

Fingers crossed.

Peace,

MGGG

link   
I know this will be my first post on this website,and i don't have any creditability on this site. This morning in Somewhere,Texas few cops show up at work and told us that they have 12 confirm cases,and they said they won't tell the media about it.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

As far as I can see, it means that someone who very likely has this disease is posting about it somewhere online, even if it isn't big or that easy to find.
Which means that they are not being silenced, which puts my mind at least slightly more at ease. We keep saying we want to see someone who has it. I think this is our chance which is why I asked them to email me and if they do I will direct them here to tell their story.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by celticniall
First UK-Infected Swine Flu Case Confirmed....

Sky News

So it's been confirmed.....this means we are technically now at WHO level 6, according to the conditions required.

Are we gonna be confirmed at level 6 before the end of the day?

Don't think so, actually. From what I understand, it must be a community wide outbreak outside the two countries already confirmed before they will raise it.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TheStormofWar

Spain already meets the criteria.
It did, three days ago.

top topics

<< 211  212  213    215  216  217 >>

join