It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 213
<< 210  211  212    214  215  216 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Hi, as someone posted on the prior page, I can also confirm that they are not testing unless symptoms are very severe. Close friend had a family member come back from Mexico vacation right when this broke. Relative became ill with flu symptoms went to doctor, they told them to treat it like normal flu and did not test for swine flu. This is in NYC.

link   
reply to post by Adrifter

Oh one other thing, about your comment that the missing amino acid will make it easier to make a vaccine: I don't know if that is good or bad thing at this point.

link   
Live interview with The gentleman who has been infected with the Swine flu virus, live on sky news now!

[edit on 1-5-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
so whats the WHO saying, are we all gona get sick or is it just a big freakin mistake

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

Can you link the EDIS map please?

Thank you

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I could only find one channel on TV covering the WHO briefing - Sky News. They completely missed the part before the questions and interrupted viewing after a few minutes to speak to some guy in the UK who has swine flu. What crap coverage of the day's most important briefing

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

Not catching it at all on the networks in the US. CNN didn't have it on when I checked, Fox News is off the air, MSNBC is blah, so I'm watching Sky online with no sound. :shk:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

EDIS MAP

Is this is one you are after?

[edit on 1-5-2009 by celticniall]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

ya its a pretty big deal. I think allot of people are gonna sick. Tending to think that is going to be the bottumline. Its just gonna be how we deal with it, on how its going to impact the World. Heck look at it right now, its making a impact now. Does it escalate I think so. chances are people are gonna get sick and hopefully recover and it will be back to business as usual. Ignoring it is not gonna make it go away. Down playing is not gonna make it better either. Bottumline people are gonna sick. Dealing with it intelligently is what will be important. that has nothing to do with hysteria. Just really bad timing for this to happen. the victums of this virus really need to know the symptoms and how to rest up and get better. thats all we can do. Hopefully no one else dies, yet the truth is, good chance we can all get sick. Luckily its not so severe as something like ebola, or ya know something critical like a virus that just kills no matter what you try to do.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by Adrifter]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
www.cbc.ca...

There is currently a comment under this from someone in quarantine. (self quarantined under orders i believe)
I have tried to post to get them to either go to a media source or email me so I can send them here to tell their story but posts are moderated and checked before submitted so it might take a while.

If you are looking for the post it is Posted 2009/04/30 at 10:59 PM ET by lanakohar.

"I have been quarantined at home for 4 days so far. It is going to be another 3 days for test results to come back...I have been told not to go anywhere, not to go to the hospital. If I want antibiotics, I have to get a friend to pick them up. So... my friend goes to get the prescription for Tamiflu and it is not available at the Pharmacies anymore, it is only available at the Hospital but if you are suspected to have H1N1 you are not to go to the hospital... so now what!!!?? LOL what a joke! My kids have been sent to stay with friends as I sit at home awaiting test results to see if I actually have the H1N1 flu, so how fair is that? 7 days for test results while being quarantined for something I am not sure I have!?... at home without my kids, without work, and without knowing if I have the flu and if I could have infected 1000 people since I returned from Mexico? I am sick, very sick but WHO knows how long the test results will take! Fun times, something is wrong with this picture?! Yes?/No?"

(edit for spelling)

[edit on 1-5-2009 by BiohazardsBack]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Humm... this news, don't forget!

www.mcclatchydc.com...

Company warned officials of flu 18 days before alert was issued

WASHINGTON — A Washington state biosurveillance firm raised the first warning about a possible outbreak of swine flu in Mexico more than two weeks before the World Health Organization offered its initial alert about a public health emergency of international concern. Both federal and international health officials had access to the warning from Veratect Corp. Later e-mails calling attention to the company's subsequent report that the disease was possibly spreading in Mexico were sent to 10 officials of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said Robert Hart, the company's chief executive.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
642 cases are suspected in the UK =- Sky News

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Have we heard about this pending case in Scotland yet? Has the announcement happened yet ?

What about the Spanish case of human to human transmission...has that been confirmed?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

BOSTON -- Two Massachusetts colleges are dealing with probable cases of the H1N1 or swine flu virus Friday morning.

As many six possible cases were reported at Amherst College and another possible case is under investigation at the Harvard School of Dental Medicine and clinic in Boston, which canceled classes for the day.

Classes were also canceled at Harvard Medical School and the Harvard School of Public Health as a precaution.

www.thebostonchannel.com...

My oldest child is at amherts she want to come home i said NO!
We have a 10 month old baby boy he can not get sick again 3 colds in 6 weeks.

link   
US, Texas: Plano middle school student confirmed with influenza A (H1N1); school closed in response. #swineflu

link   

Originally posted by celticniall
Have we heard about this pending case in Scotland yet? Has the announcement happened yet ?

What about the Spanish case of human to human transmission...has that been confirmed?

both confirmed as far as i know

edit its going to be confirmed in about 5 mins

[edit on 1-5-2009 by jonny2410]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
# US, Iowa: Third probable influenza A (H1N1) case identified in state; resident of Marshall county under investigation. #swineflu #H1N11 minute ago from web

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

Scottish one def confirmed, not sure about the other one.
Many EU countries have confirmed cases now.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
UK officials are concerned about the rate of spreading - 230 cases yesterday and 642 now (both suspected numbers)

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410
UK officials are concerned about the rate of spreading - 230 cases yesterday and 642 now (both suspected numbers)

Maybe they are testing every patient, not only them with severe symptoms like the CDC...

new topics

top topics

<< 210  211  212    214  215  216 >>

join