It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 212
<< 209  210  211    213  214  215 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
9th case confirmed in the United Kingdom.

The patient phoned in the British media and told them. Surely, that cannot be allowed
Health Authority is not going to be pleased.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Mexico, Cancun: Tourism industry in "acute crisis" due to international flight cancelations. Hotel occupancy drops 27% in past week.

Economic news coming now... This is why I bought food and stuff 2 days ago. Living in Canada, everything here depends on the Free Trade Agreement...

I thought... hummm MExico closed, borders checked, slowed... no choice to think about higher price dans lower availibility. So, why wait to buy some stuff.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
It's 4 pm GMT , I thought the WHO would be talking ? Can't find any info coming through about that on tV news channels, they normally warn you it'll be on.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The local news ABC in Columbus Ohio reported last night (at 6:00) that 2 cases of Whooping Cough have been confirmed and we are cautioned that the symptoms are similar to the Flu Virus H1N1. Also reported 1 confirmed case of H1N1 and 3 suspected.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
reply to post by ecoparity

No they are not.........you can go back and look at one of my earlier post.......Now that is my personal experience.....I can't seak for Charleston

That's strange, I mean the course of this virus according to the reports is that it seems like a normal flu for 5 days or so and then the victim goes into respiratory distress. Anti-virals have to be given in the first 48 hours so if they aren't testing early or giving out the Tamiflu then what's the plan? ...Sounds like a great way to create some fatalities, IMO.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Do not know weither to believe this Reporter or not, The genleman has informed the reporter that he was contacted by telephone and it has confirmed he has caught this Swine Flu virus.... 1st transmission from human to human, in the UK.

Scottish Governement Confirms 1st transmission from Human to Human within the UK

[edit on 1-5-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

This makes no sense. Refusing to test early means people will infect others and spread the virus more. It also means people may be too far along to help by the time they are diagnosed and treated. Only a scenario where the system is being overwhelmed would explain this course of action.

I have told people about this who never questioned the government...and there jaws dropped..........

If you look at all the other pieces of the puzzle of what is going on, it really gives me a sick feeling of what is to come.........

One thing is to talk about a conspiracy.........Another is too live through it

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie
It's 4 pm GMT , I thought the WHO would be talking ? Can't find any info coming through about that on tV news channels, they normally warn you it'll be on.

They did the samething here in the USA yesterday. They said it was coming on showed a guy talking with no audio and gave a fast run down on basically nothing.
Then later in the day there was a hearing in house on it and they where showing the video but cut the audio so you couldn't hear what they where saying.

The congress people looked really angry and the 3 people talking from the table sure where waving their arms around a lot too.

link   
W.H.O Conference live now!

link   
There are bound to be some attention seekers pop up in the media, besides the WHO

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Exactly............but everything is okay.........whats on TV tonight??

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
THey say this virus is missing an amino acid, and that is why it is not spreading faster.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Good to see ya bro..

I think next week, they'll be more cases. Seems to be spreading pretty quick as it is, also heard that with the lack of amino acids, it will be easier to make a vaccine.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by Adrifter]

link   
reply to post by Laurauk

I shall monitor it

(currently playing SimCity on the Wii)

link   
On Russia Today now (typing while listening) ...

Talking a lot about Baxter. They definility talk about the man-made side. (BUT NEVER in our media by the way). Talking about all the scare and telling the story that it is only about selling more vaccines.

Everyone should listen to Russia Today from time to time.
streaming.visionip.tv...

That is what I like, they talk of things happening in america but which are NEVER talk in american media.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Its been almost a week now and, what have we really been told about this flu? Nothing

What do we really know about the situation? Nothing

So the WHO better pull their finger out and tell us something substantive instead of the usual, this could be a pandemic, but we don't know much yet, we're waiting for results, bla bla.

If they really do know what the hell is going on, then they should tell us now and stop this whole sorry charade.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Thank you I would monitor it, but I need to go to work. Will read up on the updates later, be safe everyone, oh and have a great weekend!!

link   
So at 3pm they couldnt tell us about the scottish guy as the results were not conclusive. But 75 mins later they are conclusive..... that was a fast re test!!!!

link   
reply to post by Kram09

I noticed that the EDIS Pandemic map lists 13339 suspected cases now in Mexico.

We have it now 20Km's from our home town, and they closed a school because of it.

Our kids are staying at home today since my Wife is off. And we are going to monitor the spread over the weekend.

There is no question in my mind, this is a Baxter/Rumsfeld profit grab bio-engineered transgenetic virus.

Death for profit... it's sick.

link   

Originally posted by Adrifter
reply to post by Bombeni

Good to see ya bro..

I think next week, they'll be more cases. Seems to be spreading pretty quick as it is, also heard that with the lack of amino acids, it will be easier to make a vaccine.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by Adrifter]

Same to ya, hey, imo Mexico doesn't have some miserly 280 cases or whatever ridiculous number they say; it probably has many many thousands. Nearly 200 people are dead there and we know this is not a severe flu, so percentage wise the infection numbers there have to be much bigger. We may see the same numbers in the USA like you say because most people are not taking it seriously. There were thousands packed together like sardines on the Today show to watch some band play.

new topics

top topics

<< 209  210  211    213  214  215 >>

join