It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 203
<< 200  201  202    204  205  206 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Redpillblues

really i used to live on Crowdwer and Lake Forest

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by sapphirearaidia

maybe thay have a 1 day test because they may have created it.hmmmm

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
It has been reported, that Folks in the UK will find out sometime today, weither or not the swine flu has been passed on to another individual who has never been near Mexico. Fingers crossed that it comes back negative!!

The first case of human-to-human transfer of swine flu within Britain is expected to be confirmed today, after the number of known cases in the UK rose to eight.

Sky News

Here is some more updates:

• The US has announced that it will buy 13 million new courses of antiviral treatment and send 400,000 of them to Mexico

• An aide to US Energy Secretary Stephen Chu who helped arrange President Obama's recent trip to Mexico is being tested for swine flu, AP reports, although the aide is said not to have been in contact with the president

• German authorities confirm that a nurse who treated a patient with swine flu also contracted the disease, in the first person-to-person transmission in the country

• Test results are expected to confirm the UK's first person-to-person transmission of swine flu, in a friend of a couple from Scotland who were first in the country to be diagnosed with the virus

• Mexico says it will lodge a formal challenge at the World Trade Organisation demanding explanations from countries that have banned imports of Mexican pork products

BBC NEWS

[edit on 1-5-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
US, Florida, Manatee County: Two Suspect Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Identified. #swineflu#H1N1
about 3 hours ago from web

US, Tennessee: One Probable Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Reported in Nashville. #swineflu#H1N1

US, Texas, Grimes County School District Closed Due to High Number of Probable and Suspected Cases of Influenza A (H1N1).#swineflu#H1N1

South Korea, Gyeonggi: Three Probable Cases of Influenza A (H1N1); Concerns of Secondary Infection. #swineflu #H1N1

US, Illinois: 16 Probable Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Identified in Chicago; Total of 41 Probable Cases Reported Statewide. #swineflu #H1N1

US, New Hampshire: Additional Probable Case and One Suspected Case Identified in Concord Hospital Employees. #swineflu #H1N1

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
SKYNews: First case of human-to-human transmission confirmed in Germany.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by alchemist2012

really i used to live on Crowdwer and Lake Forest

??does not compute..but crowdwer sounds firmiliar..

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
SKYNews: First case of human-to-human transmission confirmed in Germany.

Yep and the first case in England is going to be announced in a few hours too.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   

near what used to be lake forest mall thats east new orleans but i think u mean slidell or that area right

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by alchemist2012

I u2u'd u..Look at the top of the page..

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
[edit on 1-5-2009 by johnb]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
hey guys. I'm in aussie, and i saw on a news break that they are telling aussies to stock up on canned food in prep for a level 6 pandemic... Any suggestions?

Cherry

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
This thread has become strangely lethargic since yesterday!
What has happened to all the info? Why has it suddenly dried up?
The WHO are at an alert level of 5, surely the media should be saturated with real-time updates from every agency and organisation possible.
Something is wrong here, these conflicting messages are giving me a headache. WHAT ARE THEY DOING! Not only does the left hand not know what the right hand is doing, the fingers are all clueless aswell.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by solarsicarian

I, too, have noticed the decline in up to date info and news since yesterday.

Something is not right here, I just hope it is not the lull before the storm!

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by celticniall
reply to post by solarsicarian

I, too, have noticed the decline in up to date info and news since yesterday.

Something is not right here, I just hope it is not the lull before the storm!

or it really is dieing down and they made a mountian out of a molehill.

we can only hope for the best but expect the worse.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by CherryDuck
hey guys. I'm in aussie, and i saw on a news break that they are telling aussies to stock up on canned food in prep for a level 6 pandemic... Any suggestions?

Cherry

I've only been turning on the TV to watch WHO briefings so I don't know what's been advised on the TV. I've been reading the news here as it seems to come in heaps faster. I was wondering if there had been any warnings to stock up so this is interesting.
Has anyone heard anything similar being said on UK TV ??

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie

Cherry

I've only been turning on the TV to watch WHO briefings so I don't know what's been advised on the TV. I've been reading the news here as it seems to come in heaps faster. I was wondering if there had been any warnings to stock up so this is interesting.
Has anyone heard anything similar being said on UK TV ??

I haven't heard anything but the usual conflicting waffle. Seriously i don't know what to think anymore....

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

Nope...seen nothing similar here (uk).

If anything, as the other member pointed out, stories are drying up.
They are doing many other stories on many other things and not much on "swine flu".

I said at the start i think this is being hyped up......it's been confusing all along and so many mixed messages from different media outlets.

I dunno

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Cherry

Only the Queensland health minister (or someone from QLD anyway!) said that.

The federal health minister Nicola Roxon advised against it.

The need to stockpile is indeed in the official Aus government pandemic plan, but only when it's at level 6.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by CherryDuck

With things happening as fast as they are and levels going up (which rumor is WHO may raise as early as monday to 6, but just net rumor nothing confirmed) I would take the advice and stock up on food.
at worst you wont have to shop for a while. At best you will be fully prepared in case they do shut things down as well.
But dont just think of "Food" remembe you are going to need Toylet Paper, shampoo, tooth paste etc. Check your supplies, and what you may need to make it a couple weeks without going out of the house.

Things are to crazy any more to predict anything, it may all blow over and settle down, or it could get worse. Only time will tell.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

The WHO didn't hold a meeting before upgrading the Level to 5. It is likely we could see an upgrade today, Britain and Germany both have human-to-human transmission.

new topics

top topics

<< 200  201  202    204  205  206 >>

join