It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 202
<< 199  200  201    203  204  205 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by jefwane

I didn't stop to take any picture.

Let me clarify I wouldn't have stopped either. It was too weird.

I can try to post the area though, using google earth.

maps.google.com...,+Shreveport,+Caddo,+Louisiana&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=37.546691,92.8125&ie=UTF8&cd=1 &geocode=FYKQ7wEdmgdp-g&split=0&ll=32.535182,-93.754857&spn=0.009769,0.022659&t=h&z=16

I can't seem to get the link to post. It was close to the Shreveport Downtown Airport though. That info should be able to take someone using google earth close to the area.

[edit on 30/4/09 by MikeboydUS]

You're in Louisiana? Why not put that in your profile??? I haven't seen one of those mosquito trucks in "years".

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Redpillblues

I should mention this as well:

Dead Cows Cause in Uproar in Caddo Parish

Nearly 20 cows are dead and some residents in South Caddo Parish tell KTAL they saw it with their own eyes.
"The cows began to slobber and foam at the mouth," said C C Canady, President of United Neighbors for Oil and Gas Rights.

arklatexhomepage.com...

This happened Tuesday.

This was about 30 miles from where I saw the truck dispersing the aerosol fog.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Man that is a scary video !!!!

I hope it wasnt anything sinister. Would surprise me after this week!!

I am just glad I am not in freakout mode anymore. I have just come to the realization that I have now prepaired as best I can. NOw it is just a waiting game really

[edit on 30-4-2009 by pcgeek]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
If we've had this many cases in the U.S., why aren't there any families blogging about it, or anyone talking about this online who might know these families?

Why are we only hearing about these families on the news? Yes, I'm serious.

Apparently there's a possible case in Idaho, and I know alot of people in that particular area and no one has any idea who it could be. I'm a little suspicious.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
So I wonder what sort of "big news" will drop tomorrow? These things tend to really sneak in after the markets close on Friday and everyone gets distracted by weekend plans.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asherah
If we've had this many cases in the U.S., why aren't there any families blogging about it, or anyone talking about this online who might know these families?

Apparently there's a possible case in Idaho, and I know alot of people in that particular area and no one has any idea who it could be. I'm a little suspicious.

Gag order? Forced quarantine? Something worse?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   

VeratectMexico: 52 Additional Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed; Total Increases to 312 Cases. #swineflu #H1N127 minutes ago from web

from Veratect Twitter

BreakingNewsAP: Mexico's top epidemiologist calls WHO's reaction to epidemic slow, wants probe.

from BNO twitter

And we thought Mexico was slow...definitely more going on than reported

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asherah

I'm a little suspicious.

I'm picking up what your laying down...I'm still collecting a few more tid bits to present something as a very very strong hunch i have..To put all the peices of the puzzle together and present it...In the mean time i am just waiting till things on here start to ramp up,lets face it this is probably the best news source you and i will get..
Or
forced enoculations,and or marshall law..

those two things alone will have to cost millions..and put the public in danger...and see first hand action by law enforcment,public service people..

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

that is very strange..anything strong enough to kill a cow is strong enough to kill a human..I dont like the sound of the machine you seen..are there any wetlands in the area? I dont have any experiance on the west side of La.just from orleans east..

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redpillblues
reply to post by MikeboydUS

that is very strange..anything strong enough to kill a cow is strong enough to kill a human..I dont like the sound of the machine you seen..are there any wetlands in the area? I dont have any experiance on the west side of La.just from orleans east..

We have a number of lakes, bayous, and one major river in the area.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Wanted to share this information with everyone...

It takes the CDC 3 days to get back the results of a test for the H1N1...
I am sure this is what I read...and have heard repeated...

Well I was looking through the China news papers to see if any cases may have showed up over there yet and I found this...

China develops INSTANT DIAGNOSTIC METHOD FOR POSSIBLE H1N1 VIRUS...

BEIJING -- China has developed an effective method for the instant diagnosis of possible H1N1 influenza epidemic (swine flu), said Health Minister Chen Zhu at a news conference Thursday afternoon.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Link for everyone...

www.chinadaily.com.cn...

Seems the old USA is wayyyyy behind on some things hugh...???

Also funny that it is just announced Thursday April 30th 2009...

Guess they aren't up for sharing either...

This H1N1 is very fishy...Something is not right with any of this...

My opinion...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by Redpillblues

I should mention this as well:

Dead Cows Cause in Uproar in Caddo Parish

Nearly 20 cows are dead and some residents in South Caddo Parish tell KTAL they saw it with their own eyes.
"The cows began to slobber and foam at the mouth," said C C Canady, President of United Neighbors for Oil and Gas Rights.

arklatexhomepage.com...

This happened Tuesday.

This was about 30 miles from where I saw the truck dispersing the aerosol fog.

This almost sounds like Mad Cow disease...
Strange story... indeed

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by sapphirearaidia

Well today in the UK, they just announced the first human-to-human infection; it was passed from a scottish couple to a friend. Source: www.guardian.co.uk...

Source: news.yahoo.com...

Dawn and Iain Askham became ill over the weekend, a few days after returning from Cancun. On Monday, health authorities said they had tested positive for the swine flu virus that is suspected of causing more than 150 deaths in Mexico.

So it looks like they were infected a few days after they got to Mexico and spent the rest of the holiday as carriers without knowing. They got back on saturday and were confirmed by monday, so yeah a 3 day turnaround.

Next week, the true figures will be more representative as the labs churn out results; that's if they do indeed disclose figures.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

"The media is overhyping this"

Anytime anything happens some trot out this line.

Yes, some of the reports are pretty dramatic depending on their source and that isn't particularly surprising. That said, this is a widespread and fast moving event with significant negative potential.

Lets put the meta-issues aside for the time being eh?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
The less "official" figures they give out with regards to infection and death rates, the less the masses will panic and prepare. Until it becomes really obvious in each individual state/county/country that this thing has become insidious, as in Mexico, most people won't react. That means that the great majority of people take no precautions, do not stockup on supplies and will be incredibly vulnerable to sickness and potentially to death. Even if they don't die, there could be such a massive number of infections worldwide that businesses and so forth take a real punch from this on a fairly long term basis which would further undermine the economy...and alot of people believe they want the whole system to crash.
And if this thing reall is as virulent /lethal as some are saying, again it serves a purpose ("culling" the population) so by holding back the real figures right now they take advantage of a window of opportunity for the masses to continue along unaware and unprepared. I haven't seen any news giving people advice to prep for a few months supplies and all the other stuff to do in case of a pandemic - why not ? They should be hammering this issue home if they want people to look after themselves and help them understand how entire systems could crash in the event this gets really bad. They are not doing this ! Most people are clueless about what to prepare for if SHTF , thinking a couple of weeks food would do.

I dunno, just some thoughts. I'm trying to look at this from all angles. I'm pretty pi$$ed off not knowing what to expect . I normally eat an organic diet as well but to save money and buy more in light of this threat I'm spending on cheap , non organic stuff to extend my supplies.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

I guess when the news slows down the thread slows down also.
Very quiet.
Too quiet.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
New Zealand Update

Source

Another passenger from the flight that sparked New Zealand's swine flu scare has been confirmed to have the virus, bringing the tally of confirmed cases to four. The result was confirmed this afternoon by the World Health Organisation lab in Melbourne.

As well as the four confirmed cases, New Zealand also has 12 probable cases, 116 suspected cases and 388 people in isolation.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

I am responding to the information you posted to me. You said this originally.

I beg to question this. 1957 was A flu as was 1918 [tho it may have been a mix] and most flu strains that infect humans are avian.

Now you are saying this:" While Avian viruses don't generally infect humans"

The risk from avian influenza is generally low to most people, because the viruses do not usually infect humans. H5N1 is one of the few avian influenza viruses to have crossed the species barrier to infect humans, and it is the most deadly of those that have crossed the barrier.

your source wikipedia states the last quote.

Here is what I found out according to my source.

There is no evidence of efficient human-to-human transmission or of airborne transmission of HPAI A(H5N1) to humans. In almost all cases, those infected with H5N1 had extensive physical contact with infected birds. Still, around 60% of humans known to have been infected with the current Asian strain of HPAI A(H5N1) have died from it, and H5N1 may mutate or reassort into a strain capable of efficient human-to-human transmission.[45][46][47][48][49][50][51]

Influenza viruses change constantly. Pigs can be infected by avian, human and swine viruses. When influenza viruses from different species infect pigs, the viruses can swap genes (“reassort”) and new viruses that are a mix of swine, human and/or avian influenza viruses can emerge. The recent outbreak of swine flu in April 2009 referred to as H1N1, is caused by a new virus containing a mixture of virus genes never seen before. Unlike typical swine flu, the new virus can spread from person-to-person.
Common Questions
I’ve already had my flu shot (vaccine) – am I protected?

This H1N1 swine flu is a new form of virus and the vaccine will not protect you, although the vaccine is still highly recommended since it will help prevent the common flu.

What is pandemic influenza?

Pandemic influenza (pandemic flu) is a worldwide outbreak of respiratory disease caused by a new flu virus that people have not been exposed to before. Because our bodies would have no resistance to this new virus, it could spread quickly from person-to-person and cause serious illness. to-person and cause serious illness. The flu vaccines currently used by the medical community will not be effective in preventing this new virus from causing illness.

link[www.brookshires.com...]
Please note all information was taken directly from WHO, CDC and pandemic.gov

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Same source as my post above.

New Zealand health officials do not plan to stop using the term "swine flu" despite the World Health Organisation changing the official name to "influenza A (H1N1)".

The World Health Organisation has officially adopted a new name for the outbreak - referring to the virus as "influenza A (H1N1)" - to appease beleaguered meat producers.

Health Minister Tony Ryall said at a press conference this morning that it was important to use a term the public understood.

"I've got no intention of changing how I'm referring to it."

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
somethings stinks about this whole mess and it ait pigs i think..

top topics

<< 199  200  201    203  204  205 >>

join