It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 200
<< 197  198  199    201  202  203 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Oregon Military Department OREGON NATIONAL GUARD MOBILIZING FOR LARGEST DEPLOYMENT SINCE WORLD WAR 2

Um wtf? I'm looking for this also as my view across the river is Portland. My buddy was flown in from Hawaii last week to the navy base in Washington for training exercises that will last about 2 months. Odd timing.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by iggster

where you at in Wisconsin, roughly. I am also here.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Mexico has asked that everyone throughout the country who is not employed in an essential industry such as health care, police, or food distribution remain in their homes starting tomorrow until May 6th.
The streets are busy. A lot of people out shopping trying to get together what they'll need for the next five or six days. No one seems to be hoarding and no signs of panic. Many are upset because there will be lost wages and it will hurt our economy, but most believe the government is doing what is necessary to stop the spread of the virus.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
And....this is 5 I believe now...

US, Nebraska: Governor Declares Public Health Emergency #swineflu1 minute ago from web

[edit on 4/30/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
reply to post by iggster

where you at in Wisconsin, roughly. I am also here.

I live about 30 miles north of Madison myself.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

RT: @Veratect: US, Washington: Seattle pediatrician identified as a probable case of influenza A (H1N1) attended 22 patients before becoming ill. #swineflu

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ImzadiDax

About 15 west of Waukesha for me .Waiten for more news on Wisconsin

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
US, Texas, Longview: One Probable Influenza A (H1N1) Case Detected; New Diana Independent School District Closes Schools #swineflu
5 minutes ago from we

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Here's the scoop on the Oregon story...

Damn nice coincidence...

Guard sets mobilization ceremonies
The 41st Infantry Brigade Combat Team heads to Iraq
www.statesmanjournal.com...

@ ZombieSlayer: Opps...beat ya by that much...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
This is what the news flash says about the Oregon National Guard mobilizing according to the link below.

Oregon National Guard mobilizing for largest deployment since World War 2

The 41st Infantry Brigade Combat Team, headquartered in Tigard, Ore. will conduct four mobilization ceremonies the first week in May in preparation for training at Camp Stewart, Ga. then deployment to Iraq.

The ceremonies in Portland, Bend, Eugene, and Medford will give local communities an opportunity to wish the soldiers well as they depart on what is the largest deployment of the Oregon National Guard since World War II. Nearly 2,700 soldiers from Oregon and five companies of soldiers totaling 700 personnel from Delaware, Massachusetts, Nebraska and New Mexico will spend about two months training followed by ten months in Iraq.

www.flashalert.net...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Looks like Wiki is doing a fine job of pre-emptive (dis)info:

...(WHO) to change its pandemic alert phase to "Phase 5",[57][58][59] which denotes "widespread human infection". Despite the scale of the alert, WHO officials noted on April 29 that the majority of people infected with the virus have made a full recovery without need of medical attention or antiviral drugs.

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

I'll
...now...

'Cause it'll *poof* real fast probably...

US, New York: Firefighter identified as probable influenza A (H1N1) case. #swineflu #H1N1less than 20 seconds ago from web

US, Arizona: Probable case of influenza A (H1N1) in a Northern Arizona University student; no restrictions implemented at the school.3 minutes ago from web

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Literally spit orange juice on keyboard laughing...HAHAHA!

Great...now I'm snorting it...think it will give me extra C?

BEST post of the week so far,brilliant really...

Thanks so much for boosting moral around here!

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
'Cause it'll *poof* real fast probably...

Do you expect any less with a pic that contains profanity?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

Jesus, that was a fast mod; i missed the pic, can you post the link please

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

Oh it's all good...I saw that coming a mile away, hence the

It appears the number of NOT infected is about shot now...

US, South Dakota: First probable influenza A (H1N1) case identified; no recent travel outside of the state. #swineflu3 minutes ago from web

US, Wisconsin: Madison County Emergency Management Agency announces ten suspected and two probable influenza A (H1N1) cases. #swineflu11 minutes ago from web

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Another interesting snippet from wiki:

Although there have been reports of 152 "probable deaths"[95] in Mexico City and "more than 100 dead from swine flu",[96] the WHO had received reports of only 7 confirmed deaths total and explicitly denied the larger figure as of April 29.[97][98]

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

Notice that news out of mexico is pretty sparse today???

Earlier there was some...their lock down has brought news to a halt it appears...and canada made a announcement earlier that they were going to .gov flu announcements as well...Hmmm...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
A CDC video to let you know when you are 'one of them':

new topics

top topics

<< 197  198  199    201  202  203 >>

join