It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 183
<< 180  181  182    184  185  186 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdial1

Originally posted by FlyersFan
We should definately be at the WHO level of 6 for pandemic.

We should have isolated Mexico three weeks ago.

Why is it that us folks out here know these things and those who are
in charge of countries and world organizations can't see it?

UGH!

It is called bureacracy, why would the governments of the world want to go to level 6 when they have pumped so much money into the failing econimies?

Once it goes to 6, rest assured it will be a depression.

The PTB have to juggle so many things right now, go to level 6 and they are in a conundrum....all that money they used to revive the economy was for nothing. Then they have on the other hand people saying WTH didn't you close the borders..... it goes back to the above.

It is obvious the choice they made, right in front of everyones face. Just keep safe everyone because the bankers of the world are more worried about money than people.

-Kdial1

History is going tell the story of the 2009 swine flu pandemic, as a EVENT, that led to ??????? IS the question right now. I do not fear the virus as much as wonder where this will lead.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by Adrifter]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
Does Russia have any cases of flu yet?

If so, they'll like about it like they originally lied about their AIDS cases.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
does it seem like news and info on this is drying up? shouldnt it be more in your face by now?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Story Here - New York Post

Obama - US may close schools to battle swine flu.

I'm not sure what this does, exactly. If you want to follow the "cat is already out of the bag" argument, how does this help? So now, millions of children aren't at school. What are we expected to do with them? Parents will have to stay home from work to watch the children. Those that can't miss work will utilize babysitters or daycare. Older kids will be getting into groups to play outside or to go to malls, movies, restaurants, etc. Kids will still be intermixing, virus transmission won't stop.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
does it seem like news and info on this is drying up? shouldnt it be more in your face by now?

I don't think you will see more news, only less and less. VP Biden got a spanking today for "alarming" the public by saying a couple things about protecting you and your families from this virus.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Adrifter

I'm in the very same boat. I find myself sitting here worrying not about the virus itself, but the implications this virus spreading may have for our everyday lives...and I don't just mean having to stay home for a few days or people panic buying and such.

[edit on 4/30/09 by CSquared288]

link   

I suppose that part of the WHO level 5 triggering national and local pandemic plans would be media control. At least it sure seems that way.

link   

media get bored very quickly, just wait till there is the first death in the Uk and look at the media then..

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Have you all seen this new article :

"Scientists see this flu strain as relatively mild
Genetic data indicate this outbreak won't be as deadly as that of 1918, or even the average winter. "

Full Article

"There are certain characteristics, molecular signatures, which this virus lacks," said Peter Palese, a microbiologist and influenza expert at Mt. Sinai Medical Center in New York. In particular, the swine flu lacks an amino acid that appears to increase the number of virus particles in the lungs and make the disease more deadly.

Scientists have identified several other differences between the current virus and its 1918 predecessor, but the significance of those differences is still unclear, said Dr. Scott Layne, an epidemiologist at the UCLA School of Public Health."

Has anyone noticed any similar articles about in today's news or heard anything from the CDC/WHO that might support what these scientists are suggesting ? I'm reluctant to feel reassured as I know the 1918 one began mild then came back with a vengeance but also, I do not know how much access these scientists have had to all the data on this new disease in order to be coming out with the opinions in the article. If it was someone from the WHO talking like this I'd feel like listening more .

What are people's thoughts then (read article first) , as the suggestion is that this new virus lacks something even the mild beginnings of the 1918 one had.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
WHO wants to change the name to protect pig farmers
I think their darn right and they should give it a more science type of name
I mean for gods sake people this is serious and no joking matter...
After all It’s the "Aporkalypse! ”

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Texas confirms 26 cases.

The toddler who died spent the day prior to symptoms in a Houston mall.

Chron.com

This could be bad.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
# US, New Jersey: CDC Confirms State’s First Five Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) #swineflu1 minute ago from web

For the record, Spanish Flu fatality rate was small (5%) It just infected so many individuals that it became lethal. This what the WHO is worried about.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
# France, Paris: Swine Influenza Suspected In A 9-Year-Old Student Returning From Mexico. #swinefluhalf a minute ago from web

# Belgium: 5 New Suspected Cases Of Swine Influenza Reported. Total of 8 Suspected Cases Under Investigation As Of 29 April. #swinefluhalf a minute ago from web

[edit on 30-4-2009 by infinite]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

Yes...and that's EXACTLY where all the kids that can will be once schools are closed unless parents keep them home.
Causes another huge issue of who to "watch" and do I go to work?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Around 104 schools across 8 states closed now

www.associatedcontent.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
fox news is now confirming 29 states have confirmed cases

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Nevermind. At the very least texas has 144 closed from ft worth and up to 200 total. That's not including the other states. I'll keep looking.

www.dallasnews.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Good day people, just caught up, you guys are doing a great job

For the first time in 4 years i lost my internet today...now dosnt that just show you the kind of luck Ive got !

For those that asked earlier for an update re my wife, She continues to sweat has been locked away in our bedroom all day and is taking the medicines given by the doc this morning. Cough is still there but no sign of any further developments chest wise. Still has the runs. Doc coming back in just less than 2 hours. Again thanks for the advice, support and help this morning, you know who you are .
respects

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
# Norway, Oslo: Couple Suspected with influenza A (H1N1) Ruled Out; Another 8-10 Cases Also Cleared #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

# Croatia, Osijek: Institute for Public Health Almost Certain Suspected Influenza A (H1N1) Case Is Negative #swineflu3 minutes ago from web

# Bahamas, Bimini Island: Three Cases of Respiratory Disease Reported, Not Considered Suspected Cases of influenza A (H1N1). #swineflu4 minutes ago from web

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
# Canada, Saskatchewan: 14 Possible Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Recorded #swinefluhalf a minute ago from web

new topics

top topics

<< 180  181  182    184  185  186 >>

join