It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 181
<< 178  179  180    182  183  184 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
3 probable in baltimore as well as anne arundel

www.bizjournals.com...

baltimore is a baaddd place for it to start spreading. that would propogate so fast...

[edit on 4/30/09 by CSquared288]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Spain: Canary Islands Health Administrator investigating one suspected swine influenza case in Gran Canarias. #swineflu
less than a minute ago from web

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I think their story is bullpoopy to be honest. They have had their eyes on this for a long time. There is an article in december stating as much, and stating that tamiflu does not work. Anyway, Im not saying that we are not in line for a nasty pandemic, but I dont think they are being totaly honest about what we are dealing with. What are the chances that a company issues a bunch of shots that just happen to contain the final protines needed to make H5N1 human to human which could have created a pandemic. That just happened back in March for heavens sake. Now we are supposed to believe everything they are saying about this swine flu crap? Pardon me I can not be on here for very long, but there is a thread on here from....jeez 6 months ago maybe where it talked about a new flu that was going on in Mexico, the same area they said this started, and it was killing a lot of people.

To get to my point, I think there is something going on and this is going to be a lot worse than they are wanting to let on. IMHO dont blow things off as scare tactics and not do anything. Keep in mind that all the people involved in the sciences behind this are run by money. There are many things they can not tell or admit to for legal reasons.

thats my two cents

link   
What scares me is that several days ago there were "suspected" cases in Raleigh, and were subsequently placed under forced quarantine. As we all know by now if there are symptoms, it has already spread to the surrounding community for the last few days. NC is not on any of the flu maps, nobody here knows that it is coming. I have told a few select people and they all look at me like I'm the jerk that just put a damper on their day, because I recommended they grab two cases of bottled water and a week's worth of soup before everyone else cleans out the stores. I've asked store clerks if they've heard any rumors, and NOBODY is talking about it. Nobody even knows.

Now, North Carolina, having so many colleges has a VAST majority of students that are from other big cities and make weekend trips once a month.

A lot of people at NCSU come from Charlotte, Elizabeth City, Wilmington, Pembroke, Greenville, Greensboro etc. Substitute NCSU for any college (100+) in North Carolina, and the fact that a drive home is, on average, 2 hours or so and most people i know make at least one trip home a month, a 2-3 day lag in information is enough to have at least one person in every major city that is not showing any symptoms yet.

link   
Without naming names , does anyone reading this thread know people who have "high up" jobs/connections /insider info and if so, are these people showing alot of interest in prepping, gathering supplies and so forth ? And if so have they shared with you the reasons why , reasons that might pehaps be based upon "knowing more" than the general populace ?

I haven't seen any focus from the media on the issue of preparing in case of a pandemic , I know they will send out leaflets soon but these are going to be very basic. There is so much heat on the issue everywhere now so why isn't there advice for the masses to prep/stock up ? Very few realize what kind of shut down society could experience if this went full throttle , why is so little about this being mentioned ? There's plenty of hygiene advice but what about the rest of it !

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Irish man tested positive for swine flu.. or should we now say H1N1? Or the Mexican flu?2 minutes ago from TweetDeck

[edit on 30-4-2009 by IamNow]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
it has reached Ireland - 1 case confirmed - sky news

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by IamNow

The Chief Medical Officer at the Department of Health has confirmed a case of swine flu in Ireland.

The case is in an adult male living in the east of the country.

It is understood the man has recently returned from Mexico. He has has received treatment and all people he has been in contact will also receive anti-viral treatment.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

RTE

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Its just a matter of time before it hits wales now! There was something on the BBC 2 days ago about possible cases in Wales but nothing since!

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
i would say one of the biggest worries of this is if it reaches asia (it has in japan now) and mixes with a bird flu infected person. That would mean a highly contagious deadly disease

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
A pretty cool picture for your viewing pleasure: (look at number 10)

www.newsday.com...

(number 8 will give anti-tamiflu people the creeps)

[edit on 30-4-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by parrallel

I believe it was either 20 or 40 possible cases in Wales. I've been in contact with an individual in the Welsh Assembly, but nobody knows.

Results and cases are classified.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

Confirmed case in South Korea and the individual did not travel to Mexico.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Embedded video from CNN Video

Finally a report from Mexico!

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
US, Colorado: Public Health Department confirms two swine influenza cases. #swineflu
less than 20 seconds ago from web

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

that isnt good. Im no expert on viruses or flu but if this thing spreads around asia (which no doubt it will as its so contagious) if it infected a bird flu sufferer it would mutate?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
We should definately be at the WHO level of 6 for pandemic.

We should have isolated Mexico three weeks ago.

Why is it that us folks out here know these things and those who are
in charge of countries and world organizations can't see it?

UGH!

link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

I do think you will find info. check the CDC website or WHO.

Only person I know is the Safety Coordinator at the college I work at. He told me yesterday that if one student gets the flu we will close the college, but so far no documented cases in Oklahoma and we have one week till graduation. He said he ordered a bunch of hand sanitizer but was notified they (the company) is out of it that it is on back order so he is looking somewhere else.

link   
reply to post by infinite

Isn't that level 6 Pandemic, this is bad news

link   
Les pharmaciens anxieux
www.radio-canada.ca...

Swine influenza
Pharmacists anxious

translate.google.com... 122220.html&sl=fr&tl=en&history_state0=

"We can not get no mask!
My wholesaler told me he would not available until two months. The government must take steps to ensure that all citizens have in their possession. When it is not going to end up with 300 or 400 people infected will we react."is concerned Serge Leclerc, pharmacist at Carol Aubut Pharmacist in Montreal North.

Even here up north!

Real sheep reaction eh? The government must do something!!!! That's Quebec, sadly.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by 13Etznab]

new topics

top topics

<< 178  179  180    182  183  184 >>

join