It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 180
<< 177  178  179    181  182  183 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
My guess is, a shift has already occurred, a lethal shift, and they are waiting to see if it burns out or takes hold.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I was a young man
but I do remember the commercials being aired back in the mid 70's here in the U.S. to get vaccinated.......

Only one person died from the swine back then..........but there are reports from 450 to 3000 people died from the vaccine.......

All of this is documented info that you can google.....And the big kicker is the flu then was man made....

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Is there a light at the end of the tunnel...? Maybe so. Scientists working on models, and using math, and the latest statistics, are showing the this virus has mutated into a milder form of flu that may be even milder than the normal yearly flu. This is good new because if it had stayed true to form it would have been a bio weapon as some have claimed. The further and longer it goes the less fatal it is, and the weaker it gets.

The baby that died was rushed to the US from mexico, so all of the first deaths were from ground zero.

www.latimes.com...

This does not mean take your ease, it means learn how to stay flu free by doing four things.

1. don't touch your face unless you wash your hands first.

2. don't inhale when people cough.

3. stay away from crowds of people.

4. don't eat and drink after anyone.

Anyway... I hope it turns out to be the good news we want to hear.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
US, South Carolina: CDC has confirmed a total of ten swine influenza cases in the state. #swineflu
6 minutes ago from web

US, Georgia: Health officials confirm state's first case of swine influenza. Individual had previously traveled to Cancun, Mexico. #swineflu
14 minutes ago from web

Israel, Tel Mond: 40-Year-Old Female Returning From New York Hospitalized On Swine Influenza Suspicion #swineflu
15 minutes ago from web

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
EU: Pandemic "inevitable"

Nice to know.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Thanks for that....a little perspective in a storm, made the panic subside for now.

I agree, that this may be the mild version before the big one hits in autumn, so we have good time to prepare properly.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jackieps1975

There seems to be this attitude in the UK.

A lot of the forums I go on people are just saying it's all blown out of proportion.

While I agree that some of the news coverage has been OTT, scare-mongering and blatantly inaccurate, there are a few things that justify a vigorous and serious response to this.

Avian Flu was and is dangerous, but it never made it to being transferable between Humans (or it hasn't yet at least, that we know of). If it had made that leap (just as this one has done) there was and is a potential for millions of deaths globally.

This H1N1 strain has made that leap in a matter of weeks and with exposure through only a few thousand people (or maybe even only hundreds). That makes it able to evolve quickly. This makes the risk of current treatment being ineffective higher.

I understand people thinking this is all a bit OTT, but unless you actually pay attention and compare this to previous outbreaks, versus the seasonal Flu we are all aware of, you'll never understand the seriousness of this virus.

As for all those stating that they'd refuse to accept any inoculation, and where to go to escape this, please go somewhere really remote and away from the general public, because when this virus decimates your little paranoid community, having you lot near other more sensible people risks a transfer back into general circulation of a more virulent strain.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Bahrain: Country's First Suspected Swine Influenza Case Ruled Out #swineflu
less than 20 seconds ago from web

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Indeed, for all we know it could have been the change in attitude (washing hands, cleaning, being cautious) that lessened this threat.

I don't think we are out of the woods yet. By any means. But maybe the attention this has gained has actually done the job and prevented a major catastrophe?

It's a shame that we will never know hoe effective our actions have really been, but I hope that when this dies out or is manageable, the PTB will ensure we all know how bad it could have been if we hadn't acted the way we have.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by drclifford

McALLEN, Texas (AP) - A Mexico City toddler who became the first swine-flu death on U.S. soil spent a day with his family shopping at a huge Houston indoor mall the day before he began to show symptoms.
Cameron County Judge Carlos Cascos says the Brownsville family with whom the toddler was staying said they spent three nights in Houston just before he fell ill.

Hospital and health officials said Wednesday that the 23-month old Mexico City boy arrived in Brownsville on April 4 and was hospitalized four days later.

Great, just great.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
US, California, Sacramento County: One Confirmed and Three Probable Cases of Swine Influenza Reported #swineflu
half a minute ago from web

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
Is there a light at the end of the tunnel...? Maybe so. Scientists working on models, and using math, and the latest statistics, are showing the this virus has mutated into a milder form of flu that may be even milder than the normal yearly flu. This is good new because if it had stayed true to form it would have been a bio weapon as some have claimed. The further and longer it goes the less fatal it is, and the weaker it gets.

The baby that died was rushed to the US from mexico, so all of the first deaths were from ground zero.

www.latimes.com...

This does not mean take your ease, it means learn how to stay flu free by doing four things.

1. don't touch your face unless you wash your hands first.

2. don't inhale when people cough.

3. stay away from crowds of people.

4. don't eat and drink after anyone.

Anyway... I hope it turns out to be the good news we want to hear.

Aren't there viruses developed in labs that are dependent receiving certain chemicals to stay alive? If this is a test run it could be dying out due to not receiving those chemicals after so long of a certain period. A sure way of making sure they could control it still?

Just pondering out loud. I'm sure I've read something about this somewhere before.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Reporting live from Houston.....lol no really i think texas will be shut down in a few days there was a school news confrence on khou news here if you can google it watch it i think the school super allmost made a slip"until this blows over"what does he mean blow over if there is no cause for alarm why are there 80,000 plus kids out of school until further notice...by the way the fly over monday hmmm.think they may have been releasing some kind of aresol vaccine seems odd that the mayor would not be informed of a photo op but the faa and police dept would ........what does anyone else think

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

The same happened with Spanish Flu, the mistake was the governments believed it was mild then it returned in August of 1918 and killed 2% of the world's population.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
US, California, Los Angeles County: Two Probable Cases of Swine Influenza Reported #swineflu

US, Nebraska: CDC confirms swine influenza in visiting California resident; two Nebraska residents labeled probable cases. #swineflu

[edit on 30-4-2009 by infinite]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

The same happened with Spanish Flu, the mistake was the governments believed it was mild then it returned in August of 1918 and killed 2% of the world's population.

The main problem is they had no way to get a vaccine for it or anything. So even if they did take it serously from the start it would of done no good. The couldn't even see viruses until the electron microscope was built in the 30's.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
US, Arizona: Health officials send 20 new "suspicious influenza samples" to the CDC for testing; three suspected cases being investigated.
less than a minute ago from web

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
US, California, Los Angeles County: Two Probable Cases of Swine Influenza Reported #swineflu

US, Nebraska: CDC confirms swine influenza in visiting California resident; two Nebraska residents labeled probable cases. #swineflu

[edit on 30-4-2009 by infinite]

The "probable" case's are starting to come out of the wood work here. A huge number of people in the south and north bay are starting to complain about being sick and turned away due to so many people at the er's etc.
I have to go later to get my stiches out at the dentist's office I think I will stand get them pulled and run out....

P.S that Sacramento confirm and the three probable are from Monday.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

This thing seems to have changed gear, and so have you

Thanks for keeping us updated, always good to keep on top of the latest developments, you and many others are doing a brilliant job.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by IamNow]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
now we have 8 confirmed cases in the UK ...

news.bbc.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

<< 177  178  179    181  182  183 >>

join