It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
White House daily press briefing to start at 12:30 PM EST.

Can be viewed online here White House Daily Press Briefing

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Breaking News on Sky News + BBC News:

Two people have been admitted to a Scottish hospital after returning from Mexico, where more than 80 people have died from swine flu.

BBC News Scotland

Scottish Health Secretary has said there is no threat to the scottish public, hmms oks I will take that comment with a pinch of salt.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

It is a mild case - we shall be fine.

Excuse my cold, callous and dissolute words but our health system will be able to cope (unlike Mexico) - unless there is a major lethal outbreak. No sign of such a case yet.

Our cities are not as overpopulated, which are perfect breeding grounds for the spread of disease. That is why the Black Death was able to neutralise 50% of the European population between 1347 - 57.

[edit on 26-4-2009 by infinite]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I have flu like symtoms after reading this thread, should i be worried?
can it be spread via the internet?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

You are so very right that Yellowstone thing was hoax, nothing to be concerned with.We should have known better. I get your view, the calm approach and all and it has merit, however to stay a step ahead of trouble can keep you alive. A few weeks ago there was an earthquake in Italy, a scientist had warned the people there was going to be a big one. Well no one heard the warning, in fact he was told he would be arrested had he kept up with the message. And later lives were lost. So my point is, never underestimate the potential of a dangerous situation until you know your clear from it.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Hey all.... here's a link to the lastest vid on youtube.... The reason I am posting the link, they provide an info Hotline about the Virus at around 3:08 mark.....

# is 1-800-808-1987.....

and on an interesting point (2:17 mark), Dr. Thomas Frieden stated "The City, is very well prepared. We have been preparing for years, at every level."

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
My mother has flu-like symptoms... she went grosery shopping and when she came back started to feel flu-ish...

//we are in dover, new jersey..

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Oh I so have faith in our health system, I am in no way criticizing it at all. Lets hope if these two new cases are related that they will be, quaranteed from everyone else. I can see it now as soon as someone gets the cold here the E.R depts will be inundated.

What is also funy Infinite, I was actually thinking about the black death as soon as this outbreak was reported on the news. Dejavuu I swear

[edit on 26-4-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by Laurauk

It is a mild case - we shall be fine.

Excuse my cold, callous and dissolute words but our health system will be able to cope (unlike Mexico) - unless there is a major lethal outbreak. No sign of such a case yet.

If, and i say If, it did become an epidemic in the UK (how many people do you know recently came back from Mexico - popular destination nowadays), would this be a reason for the Emergency Powers Act to come into force? I think it is there for reasons like major epidenics, natural disasters ect.

[edit on 26-4-2009 by MCoG1980]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Another country might be on the list now; Canadian Press 4-26-09.

Sources at the Canadian Press say Canada's first cases of swine flu have come to light, at different ends of the country.

They say Nova Scotia and British Columbia have both discovered cases of people infected with unidentifiable influenza A viruses, which are being tested at the National Microbiology Laboratory in Winnipeg.

Anyone know of a map of how this is developing?
Whitehouse is about to hold a press brief.

[edit on 26-4-2009 by Absum!]

link   
Wow....it's all over america now...

Isolated cases but stretching across the country.

From new york to California...

According to the press conference at the white house.

[edit on 26/4/09 by blupblup]

link   
reply to post by Next_Heap_With

She should be tested. There needs to be full compliance from people so the illness can be tracked. Hope she's ok !!!

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by MCoG1980

Those comming back from mexico to the UK, are being questioned at the Airports. Also those returning from Mexico and such have been advised to go to thier Local G.P's if they experience flu-like symptons.

They do have flu vaccines in stock pile, incase of a flu outbreak. But do not think I would see it anyways, most of this is kept for People in Authority.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
JUST IN -- The CDC says one more swine flu case has been confirmed in Ohio. Details to come.

From Twitter

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
JUST IN -- The CDC says one more swine flu case has been confirmed in Ohio. Details to come.

From Twitter

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
20 Flu cases in the US Affecting 5 States: They are saying they expect to see more cases of swine flu in the US. Public Health Emergenct been declared in tHE US. I do hope you all will be oks over there.

link   
Wow, so many cases in so many corners of different nations.
My guess is, if this is something deliberatey released, it was released during summer break, when all those young'somethings were partying.

The guilty party knew they'd take the bug home to all different corners.

Quite scary, it has the ability to kill, it spreads rapidly and has so much makeup from various other killer flu's from around the world, from various times.

Definately one to watch...

link   
Certainly, cities in developed nations do not have the level of overpopulation you see in developing nations. However, our major cities are highly populated. Walk down a main city street of London, New York City, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Madrid, etc. during the weekday, particularly around the start/end time of the workday or peek evening hours, and you are either within very close proximity or in direct physical contact (getting on a bus, subway, train, standing in a crowded shop, movie theater, etc. etc.) with dozens upon dozens of people. Any flu let loose in these areas will have very ample breeding ground; let's not kid ourselves.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
I talked to my friend who is a chemist, she highly doubts it was manufactured, and says the combination is not surprising at all, and easily could have occurred naturally considering their environment.

A while back everyone was anticipating the eruption of Yellowstone, why do you guys feed off this stuff,

Stop feeding into the drama, do you want it to happen?

Don't supply it with energy.

Remember that old saying?

" don't go borrowing trouble."

You claim you have a friend who is a chemist who tells you it isn't this and it isn't that. Even if this were true, your friend is an idiot. Tell her I said she needs to go back to school.

You are being ignorant, haven't you been following this thread? page by page? 200+ dead and rising.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
White House just announced "Public Health Emergency" and release of 25% of the nations stockpiles of Tamiflu and Relenza. . . The briefing is ongoing . . .

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join