It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 179
<< 176  177  178    180  181  182 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni

Originally posted by detachedindividual
reply to post by Bombeni

We may be overpopulated, but the solution to this is the lowing of birth rates, not genocide.

Maybe I read you wrong, but you seem to be suggesting that some people are not "deserving" of treatment. You know Hitler thought the same way, right?

Yes, you read me wrong.

Then I apologize.

The wording made it seem like your opinion.

So, any bets on when they'll raise the phase level to 6? And what will that do for each country? I would assume further actions will be taken by nations if a phase 6 is announced.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

If a vaccine was developed, who among you would or would not take it?

Never. And there no place for discussion.

I never took any flu shots, any other vaccines (except the basic ones like rage when we born) and if I catch 1 flu per year, let's say that I am surprised because it is more 1 per 2 years.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by 13Etznab]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

looks like DOD is not worried about this or they are behind

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Good question, i have been thinking about this all day. Same with Tamiflu etc.

Lets put it to a vote.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
department of health (uk) says confirmed cases are 8 and 230 are being tested at the moment.

link   
whoa, just saw the national guard is well, guarding stock piles of tamiflu in Ohio (from CNN). expect to see more people in uniforms folks.

link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

I do appreciate your thoughts but viruses do mutate all the time. Now I'm sure people will suffer to some degree due to this strain. My point is simply that it's being blown out of proportion for political gain. We see unusual viruses from time to time, never before has there been such an outpooring of political and media attention. This whole situation reeks if you ask me. I'm going with my gut on this one.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Well you know my answer.........So what is the plan for when they force it upon you...........do you run? Where do you run?

I told my wife last night we have got to get a plan............Where are the masses going to assemble that will stand up and SAY NO?

Or are we all going to meet in the corner of the fenced compound discussing what we should have done?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
If i didn't take i am sure i would be mocked and ridiculed.
By the way there flashing green advert at the top of the page just nearly gave me an epileptic fit. Okay i don't have epilepsy, but for those who do that is dangerous.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

reply to post by Bombeni

We may be overpopulated, but the solution to this is the lowing of birth rates, not genocide.

Maybe I read you wrong, but you seem to be suggesting that some people are not "deserving" of treatment. You know Hitler thought the same way, right?

Yes, you read me wrong.

Then I apologize.

The wording made it seem like your opinion.

So, any bets on when they'll raise the phase level to 6? And what will that do for each country? I would assume further actions will be taken by nations if a phase 6 is announced.

I see how you easily could misread what I wrote. You must not be used to me, I write a lot of stupid things.

I don't know if a 6 will do much more than a 5. The WHO has tried I think to get people's attention but it does not seem to be working.

I just know that viruses act a certain way, they don't pop in for a couple of weeks then disappear. And a virus that was incubated in 90+ degree temps really gets my attention.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Flu Shuts Bay Area Schools; New Local Cases

Two Bay Area schools will be closed for a week after four students were diagnosed with probable cases of swine flu, while three additional cases may have emerged in Santa Clara County, public health officials said Wednesday.

A16-year-old female student at Branham High School in San Jose, as well as three fourth graders at Highlands Elementary School in Pittsburg were diagnosed with probable cases of the contagious virus. Both schools were closed by officials until May 6 to help prevent the virus from spreading.
Health officials were also testing a "cluster" of children who attend nearby Marina Vista Elementary School in Pittsburg for swine flu after eight students reported feeling ill, according to Brunner, but there were no immediate plans to cancel classes there.

In addition to the San Jose teenager, officials late Wednesday said there were three new probable cases of swine flu in Santa Clara County affecting a 30-year-old man who did not require hospital treatment and was recovering; a 32-year-old woman who had recently traveled to Mexico and who also had not required hospital treatment; and a 53-year-old woman.
cbs5.com...

They say they closed the two school's out of caution and to prevent any spread if it is the flu. This is on the website of the news station but there hasn't been anything ont he tv about it yet.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by muddyhoop
reply to post by Bombeni

Lets put it to a vote.

If I knew how to do one of those polls I think it would be interesting. Now, I know the masses would want to take the vaccine. I don't really like including myself as one of the masses, but on this flu deal, I am def still on the fence like you about tamiflu and vaccine.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Bahamas, Abaco Island: 16 people under voluntary quarantine after returning from Mexico. #swineflu

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
#US: CDC confirms a total of 109 swine influenza cases nationwide. #swineflu
less than 20 seconds ago from web

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by muddyhoop
reply to post by Bombeni

Lets put it to a vote.

If I knew how to do one of those polls I think it would be interesting. Now, I know the masses would want to take the vaccine. I don't really like including myself as one of the masses, but on this flu deal, I am def still on the fence like you about tamiflu and vaccine.

Anybody here know how to set up a poll vote page ????

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackieps1975
reply to post by xoxo stacie

I do appreciate your thoughts but viruses do mutate all the time. Now I'm sure people will suffer to some degree due to this strain. My point is simply that it's being blown out of proportion for political gain. We see unusual viruses from time to time, never before has there been such an outpooring of political and media attention. This whole situation reeks if you ask me. I'm going with my gut on this one.

Respectfully, how is it being blown out of proportion politically? You can hardly find anything on the news about it, the US won't even suspend Mexican flights. The only people taking it seriously is about 20 percent, which I saw on news this morning, a poll taken and 78 percent of Americans don't think the swine flu is anything to be concerned about.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Thinking about something.

If indeed this is a very dangerous virus... seeing people going themselves toward quarantine is a direct result probably because of the media fuss...

So it is not a bad thing after all to talk so much about it. It may be the deal, they know it is dangerous, there's a chance it get out of control and they try to help us.

Or, this is sometthing completly innofensive and there is money made out of this...

Or...

Too much info!!!!

[edit on 30-4-2009 by 13Etznab]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
CNN breaking news reports that there are now 236 cases of swine flu worldwide.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
reply to post by Bombeni

Well you know my answer.........So what is the plan for when they force it upon you...........do you run? Where do you run?

I told my wife last night we have got to get a plan............Where are the masses going to assemble that will stand up and SAY NO?

Or are we all going to meet in the corner of the fenced compound discussing what we should have done?

Yes I knew your answer. I don't think they will have to force it anytime soon. The majority of people take flu vaccinations. Now, if a whole lot of people would get sick this Fall from vaccines, then the worm would turn, but we are not there yet with the masses. I am just curious as the ATS members because they are a unique group. Curious how many would and would not take vaccine and/or tamiflu.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I just know that viruses act a certain way, they don't pop in for a couple of weeks then disappear. And a virus that was incubated in 90+ degree temps really gets my attention.

Correct!!!! That is the baffling thing about this flu!!! 90+ weather and this thing is kicking!!! That isnt normal to me and as for it burning out in the summer, it doesnt get that much hotter than 90 alll summer in Iowa. 95 if we are lucky. Would the humidity help it or be a part in killing it off?

new topics

top topics

<< 176  177  178    180  181  182 >>

join