It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 178
<< 175  176  177    179  180  181 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jackieps1975

You see though that's the thing this ISN"T your normal flu thing.

This virus contains strains of H1N1 type A AND type B! (swine and avain too!)
We have a pretty good imunity to type B and the flu shot's are for type B strains. Now type B doesn't mutate as fast as type A either. This simply means that with the type A thrown in the mix this thing can get nasty in a matter of days if it mutate's with something else. THAT is what the big deal is type A mutate's FAST. If it get's ahold of a nasty one it can be even deadlier than it was in Mexico. Being that it is spreading all over the world you can all but guarantee that it has already mutated somewhere.
That is why they are watching it so closely and trying to get samples from all over the world into a data base so they can "see" where and when it mutate's, and what it mutate's with.

link   

Originally posted by Adrifter
reply to post by Bombeni

well that proved nothing to me. I already know about the victims down there..

Lets say outside of Mexico.

According to the CDC, the USA has 91 confirmed cases and 1 death.

www.cdc.gov...

That is just over 1 percent fatality in the US, and certainly US citizens will do better because of medical care that Mexicans do not have. But remember the virus started in Mexico so they have probably a month of stats ahead of us, and this virus was only announed 6 days ago. It isn't going to wipe us out but when it mutates and returns during the cool weather flu season it may be a whole different picture. Complacency isn't going to help matters one bit.

link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
Not sure if it was on this thread where a poster stated that Biden said he is not letting his grandchildren go to school?

That's probably be me.

Biden said on 'Today' that he told his family to avoid classrooms (and planes, trains and automobiles). But he specifically stated classrooms. Biden has school aged grandkids. If he told them to avoid classrooms then I have to wonder if they are going to school.

You'd think not. Right?

It would be interesting to know if the Obama girls are in school today or not. Their attendence might just be a sign to watch for.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by observer

Originally posted by asala

WHO news conference on the pandemic

Word on another conference soon, Wonder what this one will entail,

Asala my favorite mogwai did you perchance hear when the conference was set for?

Obs

Its just came on TV now,

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Its the vaccines that will wipe us out..............We are not moving to level 6 for nothing.........Lets all trust Baxter............We know how they like to mix a cocktail

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
W.H.O - We are still studing virus and how it spreads
- do not expect to go to phase 6 today
236 case worldwide,

[edit on 30-4-2009 by asala]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackieps1975
reply to post by fleabit

I agree. This is really no different than any other flu outbreak except for the media coverage it's getting. I've been contemplating that perhaps this is a ploy by the gov't to gain praise and trust from the people. What I mean is, when this turns out to be NO BIG DEAL, our gov't can expect a pat on the back for containing the virus and potentially saving millions of lives. I think they may be trying to re-instill faith from the resistant masses (us...lol). So why not take a pretty basic form of illness, blow it completely out of proportion, and then act like they saved the day. BASTARDS! lol
~just a thought of course~

It's no different that any other flu, except that no one can be vaccinated against it. Vaccine saves millions of lives, especially people who have poor immune systems at the time, people undergoing chemo, anyone who has the hiv virus, or hep C, or are very young or very old. But they don't really matter that much, we are overpopulated anyway.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The virus is spreading....

Let the madness commence

Pretty much sums up the situation.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
reply to post by Bombeni

Its the vaccines that will wipe us out..............We are not moving to level 6 for nothing.........Lets all trust Baxter............We know how they like to mix a cocktail

Well I certainly respect others opinions and who knows what FUTURE vaccines will be like, but historically, flu vaccines have saved millions and millions of lives.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
#South Korea, Gyeonggi: Second Suspected Swine Influenza Case with No Travel History Raises Concerns Over Community Transmission #swineflu

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

We may be overpopulated, but the solution to this is the lowing of birth rates, not genocide.

Maybe I read you wrong, but you seem to be suggesting that some people are not "deserving" of treatment. You know Hitler thought the same way, right?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by 13Etznab
Swine flu source spawns wild theories
www.reuters.com...

Something's here...

"Nobody knows for sure but scientists"

There is nothing there...

The comment should read "Nobody knows for sure, but scientist believe....".

The lack of comma does make it confusing, but replace the word "but" with "however" and you'll see it's just bad grammar on the writers part.

link   
#US, Delaware: Ten probable cases reported at the University of Delaware; local public health officials investigating. #swineflu
30 minutes ago from web

link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
reply to post by Bombeni

We may be overpopulated, but the solution to this is the lowing of birth rates, not genocide.

Maybe I read you wrong, but you seem to be suggesting that some people are not "deserving" of treatment. You know Hitler thought the same way, right?

I am quite sure they were being fictitious.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
reply to post by Bombeni

Yes, you read me wrong.

link   
When America sneezes, the rest of the world catches a cold.

Hmmm this is quite literally coming true.

link   
upload.wikimedia.org...

Been reading some decent information on WIKI, about different virus's and the swine flu. Found another picture of it.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
FYI Like WHO the US Department of Defense too has its own threat level ranking system currently on the DoD Watchboard the site they use to track and share info on pandemics they show a "1" ranking

their ranking system breaks down like this
INTER-PANDEMIC PERIOD
0 No new influenza subtypes have been detected in humans.
PANDEMIC ALERT PERIOD
1 Receipt of information of human infections with a new viral subtype, but no human-to-human spread, or at most rare instances of spread to a close contact.
2 Receipt of information of small cluster(s) with limited human-to-human transmission, but the spread is highly localized suggesting the virus is not well adapted to humans.
3 Indications and warnings identify large cluster(s) of human-to-human transmission(s) in an affected region.
PANDEMIC PERIOD
4 Receipt of information that a highly lethal pandemic influenza virus is spreading globally from human-to-human signaling a breach in containment and failing interdiction efforts.
RECOVERY PERIOD
5 Receipt of information that case incident is decreasing, indicating the slowing of the pandemic wave. Reconstitution of DOD assets and conditions established to return to a previous phase.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Scenario: This virus mutates, as they ALL do and becomes more lethal in the Fall, as predicted.

If a vaccine was developed, who among you would or would not take it?

Personally I would take it. I had the real flu about 10 years ago and it was a doozy. I personally don't believe the pharmacueticals are on the NWO bandwagon, yet. I don't believe they are mixing vaccines to kill us, but I respect other opinions on this and this is not to bash or argue, I am just plain curious.

Am I the minority here?

[edit on 30-4-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

CDC RAISES CONFIRMED NUMBER OF US SWINE FLU CASES TO 109 FROM YESTERDAY'S COUNT OF 91

WHO: 97 lab-confirmed cases of swine flu in Mexico, including 7 deaths

from Action Central on Twitter

new topics

top topics

<< 175  176  177    179  180  181 >>

join