It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 177
<< 174  175  176    178  179  180 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
reply to post by Adrifter

I believe the pneumonia is also what killed people during the 1918-1919 pandemic. There was the first wave in spring....no one took too much notice because it was mild. Then in August it came back far worse and it killed millions of people.

A Lot of Strep killed people during the 1918 flu as well

also, They are making Biden retract his statement. Idiots!! He already said it, you cant take that back!

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adrifter

Originally posted by Bombeni

Haha yeah right, it's not killing anyone, except oh, just about 10 percent of those infected. Ahhh that's nothin.

ok well show me the news please.. NEW news btw.. Prove it to me man, I wanna believe.

Well that is usally Agent Hx3_1963's job, but here is just the first thing that popped up:

In Mexico, a strain of the swine flu has killed 20 but is suspected in 149 other deaths. The flu is suspected of sickening more than 1,995 across Mexico, where authorities have extended school closures in the capital and two neighboring states with outbreaks.

170 deaths (that they know of) in 1,995 infections, that is close enough to 10 percent. You can be sure that there are people dying/becoming ill in Mexican slums that will never see so much as a bedpan much less a medical facility.

www.nbcwashington.com...

[edit on 30-4-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I believe the pneumonia is also what killed people during the 1918-1919 pandemic. There was the first wave in spring....no one took too much notice because it was mild. Then in August it came back far worse and it killed millions of people.

I believe this is going to be a strong strand of flu, that HAS the potential, to kill you if you do not take care of yourself. Thats it. Period. People will not be dieing in waves, not at this time at least. People will be dieing if they are not educated in the symptoms of this flu, and try to downplay it. I have heard both sides, on this story folks, I am coming to my conclusion, and I am not quick to judge. I just don't see this superstar flu virus in the same light as others are looking at it. I think I have found enough information on it now, to understand it at this time. Its Not EBOLA.
Is it ok for me to have opinion now? I just think we need to watch the geopolitical things going on now with this virus. Also look at detroit, closing plants laying off 21000 people bankruptcy's, Pakistan, IRAQ, lotta other news going on, and some have been some big stories all this week..

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Swine flu source spawns wild theories
www.reuters.com...

LONDON (Reuters) - Dead pigs in China, evil factory farms in Mexico and an Al Qaeda plot involving Mexican drug cartels are a few wild theories seeking to explain a deadly swine flu outbreak that has killed up to 176 people.

Nobody knows for sure but scientists say the origins are in fact far less sinister and are likely explained by the ability of viruses to mutate and jump from species to species as animals and people increasingly live closer to each other.

Something's here...

"Nobody knows for sure but scientists"

What? You don't know FOR SURE BUT you know it is NOT manmade?

You all smell the fish here I hope!

I personnaly think we are touching some truth... There is nothing like real people reports.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

well that proved nothing to me. I already know about the victims down there..

Lets say outside of Mexico.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

I agree. This is really no different than any other flu outbreak except for the media coverage it's getting. I've been contemplating that perhaps this is a ploy by the gov't to gain praise and trust from the people. What I mean is, when this turns out to be NO BIG DEAL, our gov't can expect a pat on the back for containing the virus and potentially saving millions of lives. I think they may be trying to re-instill faith from the resistant masses (us...lol). So why not take a pretty basic form of illness, blow it completely out of proportion, and then act like they saved the day. BASTARDS! lol
~just a thought of course~

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Not sure if it was on this thread where a poster stated that Biden said he is not letting his grandchildren go to school?

Another poster just said that the WhiteHouse I guess is making him recant his statement............

If thats not a wake-up call I am not sure what is............I wish I had a hill to run too

link   
reply to post by jackieps1975

Not to mention

POLITICS are all over this virus...

I mean all over it..

link   
Still sick here, but I'm still functioning, I have a cough and chest congestion a 101 fever and feel Blah.

The way and speed this is going I do wonder if it would be better to get this flu now versus in October?

There was local news reports last night in St Louis Mo about a elementary school in St Charles Mo that had a flu scare and they were disinfecting it, but now there is nothing about the story, and a story about the flu being in Kansas City MO, but like the other story, nothing now!

Ya all seeing this? stories about the flu, then nothing followed up or the story vanishing?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jackieps1975

Yes, exactly. There is a post somewhere in the thread about that, I think he called that reverse psychology.

Indeed, they will try to get every credit when over.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

WHO news conference on the pandemic

Word on another conference soon, Wonder what this one will entail,

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Yep, I am over in the SW MO corner in a rual area...........same thing here

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adrifter

I believe this is going to be a strong strand of flu, that HAS the potential, to kill you if you do not take care of yourself. Thats it. Period. People will not be dieing in waves, not at this time at least. People will be dieing if they are not educated in the symptoms of this flu, and try to downplay it. I have heard both sides, on this story folks, I am coming to my conclusion, and I am not quick to judge. I just don't see this superstar flu virus in the same light as others are looking at it. I think I have found enough information on it now, to understand it at this time. Its Not EBOLA.
Is it ok for me to have opinion now? I just think we need to watch the geopolitical things going on now with this virus. Also look at detroit, closing plants laying off 21000 people bankruptcy's, Pakistan, IRAQ, lotta other news going on, and some have been some big stories all this week..

well put..stared

link   
Thought: A LOT of the produce we eat here in South Texas and other places comes from Mexico...people...WASH YOUR FRUIT AND VEGGIES!
Just yesterday I saw a woman hand her kid and apple right off the display...
Thinking there might be "other ways" that the virus is transferring?

link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
Not sure if it was on this thread where a poster stated that Biden said he is not letting his grandchildren go to school?

That's probably be me.

Biden said on 'Today' that he told his family to avoid classrooms (and planes, trains and automobiles). But he specifically stated classrooms. Biden has school aged grandkids. If he told them to avoid classrooms then I have to wonder if they are going to school.

You'd think not. Right?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by asala

Gotta be level 6. It fits. Heck .. we fit level six a few days ago.

Wanna bet they say ... 'we want to discuss closing the border with Mexico and limiting flights in and out/

The morons are about 3 weeks too late.

link   

Originally posted by asala

Asala my favorite mogwai did you perchance hear when the conference was set for?

Obs

link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

But who said that they are retracking his statement???

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by irishchic

Thought: A LOT of the produce we eat here in South Texas and other places comes from Mexico...people...WASH YOUR FRUIT AND VEGGIES!
Just yesterday I saw a woman hand her kid and apple right off the display...
Thinking there might be "other ways" that the virus is transferring?

The best way to wash fresh produce is with a mixture of baking soda and water and doing a bit of scrubbing. Just running it under the faucet won't do. Proper produce washing is as important as proper hand washing... and like hand washing, very few people do it correctly and many don't do it at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 174  175  176    178  179  180 >>

join