It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 176
<< 173  174  175    177  178  179 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I think the WHO and the CDC are trying to let us know what is happening but they are being restrained by government. They have raised the threat level though to 5. If people can't comprehend the meaning of that then we deserve whatever happens.

That's about all there is left to say.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
#US, Maryland: Anne Arundel County parents keeping children home from school after a probable case of swine influenza announced #swineflu
5 minutes ago from web

Veratect on twitter

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Joe Biden just said on 'Today' .... I'm telling my family to avoid classrooms.

The Vice President of the United States, who has school age grandkids,
told his family to avoid classrooms.

CLOSE THE SCHOOLS!!!

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
This is also an interesting read:

www.infowars.com...

And the swine flu has now hit Holland the country were i live. In a 3 year old boy/girl. The family had recently visited Mexico.

link   
US, Minnesota: CDC confirms first case of swine influenza in the state. #swineflu
half a minute ago from web

link   
reply to post by infinite

I live in Howard County, MD so ill be following this closely...

twofer

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
A report on the news stated cases in Missouri.........can anyone confirm this and location?

link   
reply to post by observer

I sure hope not as well!
They were sent over to L'ville @ 6 weeks ago so I'm not going to lose too much sleep over it...MUCH more worried about the beautiful girls flying out tonight for the event who think I'm just being silly because I am cautioning them not to go.

link   

Most confirmed and suspected cases of H1N1 Flu in the U.S. remain relatively mild. The CDC has not confirmed any deaths related to H1N1 in the U.S.

Until this changes in the U.S. or abroad, I think the agencies are acting within reason, but the public is vastly overreacting, no thanks in part to the media.

Your regular old flu does the exact same thing is this does. It spreads just as fast, person-to-person, globally. Entire schools get sick, symptoms are often more severe than this one so far.

I can only guess the irregularity of the cases in Mexico is what is making agencies approach this with great caution. But out of Mexico, this is your run of the mill flu, nothing more, nothing less. And people are reacting as if it's the black plague all over again.

If there is a mutation that causes it to grow in strength, then I could see people having this level of concern. But at the moment, it just seems like people are at panic level 9, when they should be at concern level 3.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by fleabit]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I emailed the superintendent of my daughter's school and made a case for implementing home study or just closing for now. His reply? "We will continue watching the situation carefully". Stuffed butt monkey.

I kept her home today and will until I feel things are safe and they can go to hell if they don't like it.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adrifter
reply to post by Zenagain

hmmm, training camp for the Airborne div.'s now.. What kinda masks? Would not be fitted for just mouth covering masks? NBC hasmat suits or what?

I'm "assuming" just surgical type masks. I'm not sure as to the classification of the info she is sending/telling me so I'm trying not to end up in Leavenworth or something. I'm seriously tempted to get her to come home, make it a long weekend and see what happens but if I do, my inside source of info goes bye bye. She forwarded the email confirming the first case at Fort Polk and it's listed (Unclassified) so I think I'm in the clear so far??

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

You go! I'm in Ca and I'm doing the same thing I'm keeping my kids home at least thur, and Fri so I can get a better grip on what's going to happen. My kids mean more than what the school thinks.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
#Pakistan: Three passengers were recently in Mexico. Authorities are preparing to treat all three at Sheikh Zayed Hospital. #swineflu
half a minute ago from web

#Pakistan: Civil Aviation Authority notified three passengers will be arriving at the Lahore airport who have swine influenza symptoms.
1 minute ago from web

#Israel, Qalansuwa: Two Suspected Cases Of Swine Influenza #swineflu
8 minutes ago from web

[edit on 30-4-2009 by infinite]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Not sure what to think of this virus anymore.

Been about a week, no ones really dieing, seem to be on a who got you got it marathon, for each state and country. WHO doing their job trying to stop virus, but here's what has me going back and forth. virus are unique in their own ways, each year the flu virus gets stronger or changes etc. etc. We cannot kill viruses which concerns me, we can only vaccinate ourselves. Here's the clincher its not killing anyone. No one else at least. It also sounds like pneumonia is what killed the people in Mexico, that of course was because their immune system was terrorized by this virus. Yet not happening. As far symptoms man I don't want this flu, diarrhea and throwing up, fever, over 100! 102 temp is pretty bad.. Its a serious illness if those symptoms are true. Its like pretty serious, if you got it, you'll look like you have.. Seriously it does not sound much different then a strong flu strand to me. Not Ebola or anything..

[edit on 30-4-2009 by Adrifter]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

i see 1 probable case in Platte County on this map

maps.google.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Adrifter

Haha yeah right, it's not killing anyone, except oh, just about 10 percent of those infected. Ahhh that's nothin.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I believe the pneumonia is also what killed people during the 1918-1919 pandemic. There was the first wave in spring....no one took too much notice because it was mild. Then in August it came back far worse and it killed millions of people.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni

Haha yeah right, it's not killing anyone, except oh, just about 10 percent of those infected. Ahhh that's nothin.

ok well show me the news please.. NEW news btw.. Prove it to me man, I wanna believe.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by trinityschild
The one thing that has just occurred to me while reading this was the UK is just (has just) finished its combat role in Iraq.

Now I know that the troops are earmarked to go into Athganastan (sorry spelling), in a few weeks.

But it seems strange and somewhat convenient that during this outbreak that they are coming home.

I remember watching the ‘Threads’ docu-drama years ago (ago that’s a lie I watch it every couple of months :p) and I can’t help but wonder if there is some sort of preparedness exercise going on at the moment, are the local councils in the UK starting to man emergency bunkers? Are hospitals starting to cancel non-emergency surgeries? Will supermarkets be getting slightly smaller deliveries as the government starts to horde food?

Now it could just be nothing and my over active imagination going into overdrive but are hidden wheels starting to turn ?

Yeah I was thinking the same thing about the return of the troops.

The councils aren't doing anything as far as I am aware... I work with a council and they have no plans in place for anything relating to this... in fact they were unaware of the seriousness of the situation until I discussed it with them yesterday... they didn't even know we were at level 4 yesterday and laughed it off when I said we would be level 5 by the end of the day. They didn't feel that there would be anything they would need to do relating to this and expected all staff to work as normal.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by 13Etznab

just read the link to la times, now who are the studying it for.CDC, WHO, State. and if this is what they are seeing why hasnt, any one made this a more public statement.
just wondering?

new topics

top topics

<< 173  174  175    177  178  179 >>

join