It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 159
<< 156  157  158    160  161  162 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

Yeah,
Mexicans are survivors.
They live disaster on a daily basis with a broken government.

Americans need to learn from them.
Most are afraid to prepare because they will "appear" alarmist or something.

Take the lead ATSers warn your family and friends. Tell them to stock up on a few weeks supply of food. You're not going to want to go out if this keeps spreading.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by observer

I'm calling some contacts to see what I can find out. This has honestly been my opinion that things have been covered up because of JazzFest (trust me, it could be covered up here.)

If I hear anything of import, it will be reported in this thread.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

What "concerned me" is this: I am not fluent in Spanish but I do have a pretty good comprehensive level and they were chatting about the 15 or so family members who were planning to "come and stay" with them this weekend...they were going to make a party of it all and were stocking up.

Nothing "illegal" about that but what the heck: if we're trying to manage the outbreak is this the best way to do it? Once people are "over here" that's that basically...I know the borders can't be closed but they COULD and SHOULD start restricting passage for reasons other than work or necessity IMO.

This is unfortunate, but quite predicatable!! Living in Texas myself, and I am NOT racist, I have noticed how often Mexicans in US travel back & forth to visit family. Same with their family coming here. It happens on a regular basis and, I am sure, no threat of anything will stop them from doing so. Thus my concern for my family in Texas......

It is no wonder the first death in the US is because of this activity and, I believe, it will continue to grow. Most Mexicans I know go home evry month or so to visit. Very common!

Hell, I texted everyone I work with what was happening with the outbreaks and I got absolutely NO comments other than "What????"

I live in Lubbock and there are a good amount of Mexicans here. They go to Mexico all the time.....thus, the reason I believe the border needs to be closed for the time being anyway. Most, I have talked with, don't know or don't care about making this thing much bigger than it already may be!!

It is just a matter of time before this flu makes it's way to where I live - if it already hasn't.........

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

A private school in Lafayette is closed because five students have the flu, though officials don't know whether it is swine flu, Gov. Bobby Jindal said Wednesday.

The closing is a precaution because one of the ailing sixth-graders was recently in Mexico, where experts say the swine flu outbreak may have started, Jindal said. source

Hmm, well that's something for Louisiana, but that's on the other side of the state (east to west) from New Orleans.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jane_of_CA

1 is the answer. We've seen mexicans reporting here that only in one hospital there were 3000 people feeling bad. and alot more are just locked in their house cause they do not trust their government, police or public service.

Also WHO "cloudy" admitted in their last press release, while going 6, that they always talk about 100% confirmed cases which takes time to get proof in lab and that numbers can be much higher.

If they raised level to 5 there should be a reason they are not telling us.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by digitalwarrior]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jane_of_CA

To be honest I haven't even thought about this but you are 100% absolutely right on this. That is awkward as hell.

I starred you for this!

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I stocked up earlier today and filled my trolley to the max.

I bought loads of oranges, tinned food, powdered milk, nine cartons of OJ, cough medicine, bleach, hand washing solution, bottle of wine and most importantly a poncho just in case the criminal element decides to take advantage and ransack homes; i will hide in the garden under a tree and wait it out. Same applies if it's level 6 and i get police officers knocking on my door.

I can go into complete lock-down for approx 2 months, atleast until the summer burns out the virus. Then we have to prepare for wave two in the autumn. (Note : this is conjecture based on Spanish Flu pattern in 1918).

I can't stress enough to people, that NOW is the time to act to stay a. of the masses. There will be a deluge in the shops the weekend, as deaths begin in USA and the media starts spewing the reality of the situation.

We aren't seeing any deaths in USA yet because of the incubation latency. People may not know for up to 5 days, that they are infected. They may be sick for 2-3 weeks and perhaps 6-10% of those infected will perish.

It is now just a numbers game. Take no chances if deaths start to appear in USA and Europe, i implore you to ACT NOW. There is no medical cure if you get infected, not yet anyway. Tamiflu just procrastinates symptoms for a few days and aids only to bolster the banksters pockets.

If 'us' doom 'n gloomers are wrong, then so be it, we have egg on our face.

DEFCON LEVEL 1: Lets lock 'n load

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I just finished a conversation with a close friend who is in the medical profession and think on reading the posts about a man made flu that his words although scary, are relivant.

Im not a doctor and can only cite his words. My history, threads and postings can be viewed for confirmation of my integrity. Just to add he arrived at my house because I had mentioned my grandson wasnt quite himself healthwise and wanted his advice. His mood is worried, to the extent that at times I was calming him ! This in my own words is what he said.

During our conversation he said that he believed that the information regarding those who are confirmed with the virus did not match the response of the world governments and the WHO.

He thinks they are worried to level 5 because they fear something much worse. I asked him to give me a scenario that is much worse to which he replied...imagine a flu made by man that has been designed to make avian flu transmitable to the human population. Whether as a weapon or as an excercise to gain information needed to create a vaccine for a future avian flu outbreak, it would be the golden fleece to any company that gets that vaccine ready. they would make a fortune.

He went on to say, what if it has got loose and is waiting for the avian flu to meet it. What if that has happened in Mexico or is about to happen and the world authorities on the subject know that.

I said surely there would be people with the killer avian flu identified.
His response, Placing both viruses together in a lab it would still take time for them to blend ( Not the word he used, but it escapes me).

I am not trying to cause a panic and but for the fact he is a doctor I can not vouch for the possibility of what he said even being possible.

I will say though, it would sure answer a lot of the questions I am seeing on here.

I would appreciate any thoughts on what he said.

respects

[edit on 29-4-2009 by captiva]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by observer

Originally posted by quixotical
There is a RUMOR circulating that there are 65 cases of swine flu in new orleans, but it is being kept under wraps because of the present Jazz Fest.

Mikeboy has been talking about a lot of quite testing going on in LA (louisiana) since last night. Now we have two sources on this. Makes me think it is going on.

My wife works at Bayne Jones Army hospital on Fort Polk, Louisiana. In a MEDICAL capacity. Rest assured that if any of that were true, they would have been on high alert today. they weren't, because it isn't.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

Thank you for your concerned reply...
You are right...I have had many things to deal with in my life time...As we all have...

We have to keep our .s up and keep moving forward no matter what...

This is a big trial for all of us to deal with...

Trust me...We are all stronger than we can ever imagine...

I feel better just knowing so many people see what is really going on in the world...

Thank you again... and I just know the people on this site will be better prepared to face what ever comes our way than the average person...

My thoughts are with everyone on this site ....it is a group of wonderful people...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
"I said surely there would be people with the killer avian flu identified.
His response, Placing both viruses together in a lab it would still take time for them to blend ( Not the word he used, but it escapes me)."

This is craazy! Didn't some a page or two back say something about avian flu? Are we starting to see this now and now they are going to combine????

SMR

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

# Australia:
Swine Influenza Ruled Out Among Three Suspected Swine Influenza Cases in Australian Capital Territory.
#swineflu11 minutes ago from web

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

That's interesting, I live about 20 minutes away from Boston and ended up going to a single Shaws and Home Depot to get everything I needed. I haven't heard of any short supply from any of my buddies who work at stores (including Walmart and Staples). Folks up here seem to be taking this entire ordeal with some stride. There's just far too much panicky folks in this thread, I suffer from medical anxiety and panic disorder so I'm well versed in statistics of viral diseases. Simply put... being concerned is fine but chances are, you're going to be fine once this fizzles.

Granted there's really only 2 cases that are confirmed up here and they're contained in Lowell so the situation is different then for you there in Texas.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
reply to post by observer

I'm calling some contacts to see what I can find out. This has honestly been my opinion that things have been covered up because of JazzFest (trust me, it could be covered up here.)

If I hear anything of import, it will be reported in this thread.

Thanks Nite. And of COURSE it can be covered up in LA! Those that don't along with cover ups end up at the bottom of the Ponchatrain no?
Hughy Long and all that.

Keep us in the loop.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Tomorrow there si a very BIG event in my city (Rome). It's a national event.

There will be like the whole city there and i really fear the flu will outbreak seriously afterwards.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

I Love This! you are right on the money and i couldn't have said it any better!!
We need more uplifting, spirit raising, gut-checking attitudes like your's if we are to get through this together!

I am scared too, but realized tonight that I also felt a little calmer and felt like I could help others if they need me...thanks for the re-affirmation of the human spirit!

-FMF

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
#NEW YORK

News reports out of Albany, NY on AM radio said there's 2 cases in Schenectady, and one in Albany. No idea if they're confirmed yet.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Tom_Proctor]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Source please with credentials! Sounds like a guy down the pub said this and that.

Only joking mate, back at ya'; it does sound very suspicious.

Perhaps the new agenda of the Brown/Obama saying they want transparency or expulsion of tax havens, we can see where all of Rumsfeld's money goes...yeah right.

When watching Chan from WHO earlier on BBC, she said something like private companies should put their interests to one side and something about patents and that they will license their biotech to other companies.

Perhaps it was just a nice sound-bite to the attentive media, as certain people will make a killing (literally) if they provide a vaccine over the summer.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Huey Long even. I reiterate, if anything was going bump in the night in Louisiana, I'd be more than HAPPY to share it with you all, considering the number of times my wife has broken her security oath to send me emails, it wouldn't be a thing, but I'm here to tell you that everything is as per usual here right now. Can't speak for any other state though. I'm actually kind of amazed at the lack of infections here considering our proximity to Texas/Mexico (One and the same to me
) If JROTC doesn't know of infections here? They aren't. end of story. But feel free to bounce off of the walls all you like.....lol

SMR

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Confirmed Cases Of Swine Flu In San Diego County Increase

Apr 29, 2009 2:58 PM PDT Apr 29, 2009 5:04 PM PDT

Three more people have tested positive for swine flu in San Diego County, bringing the number of confirmed cases to eight.

The three additional confirmed cases belong to one family, according to San Diego County Public Health Officer Dr. Wilma Wooten.Wooten did not provide details about where the family lives.

There are also seven probable cases that tested positive for Type A Influenza but were awaiting further test results, Wooten said.

You know.It would be nice if they would disclose the locations of those who get it.It would be nice for their neighbors to know if maybe they need to be checked out or if their kids may have been in contact.

new topics

top topics

<< 156  157  158    160  161  162 >>

join