It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 157
<< 154  155  156    158  159  160 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by switching yard
Sorry if this was posted earlier... a link to a WIRED update claiming that there is no avian or human strains, but only two swine strains that have combined and jumped to humans...here's the link...

www.wired.com...

this is the first I've heard of them backtracking and putting out that it is not a cocktail but swine only.

Interesting. I would like to see another group confirm this finding. If it is so, then perhaps this is more like the 1956, 1976 years and not 1918.

I would also like to know why the original finding found something pretty drastically different.

[edit on 2009/4/29 by Aeons]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
The local news just said at least a dozen cases are suspected in Benton County Arkansas. That's one county over from me.

What station reported this as I live close to there too.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by Stormdancer777

A chart and explanation of phases

www.who.int...

Thanks blup
two
lines

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
check this out

animated map of where and when the outbreaks are appearing.

Link

[edit on 29-4-2009 by connelly4245]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Look at the 3rd result in this google search: Michigan University man made swine flu

Sometime in the past 24 hours Google robots searched the site and found the following sentence: "Evidence points this 2009 strain as a man made , not naturally occurring, ..."

Follow the link to the web site - not there.

Try searching entire web site - not there.

The quote has been deleted since Google indexed the news article. This matches up with the info I have from a contact that U of Michigan came out with info about virus being man made and were squashed immediately.

I've saved PDF of the search results, expect it to go away in the next 24 hours or so.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
CNN BREAKING NEWS

In speech excerpts, Obama calls swine flu "very serious," says "entire government is taking the utmost precautions."

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
great. the Reno gazet journal in my home town is saying Swine FLu has been confirmed in Washoe County Nevada. www.rgj.com...&OAS_sitepage=news.rgj.com%2Fbreakingnews

this thing is moving fast and if an infant is nevada's first case im guessing that this far more wide spread than is being reported....just in time for cinco de mayo.

we have one confirmed case but im guessing there are far more cases lurking around this area and around the country

[edit on 29-4-2009 by invisibleman11]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Any country that suspects or has verified such an event should urgently consult with WHO so that the situation can be jointly assessed and a decision made by the affected country if implementation of a rapid pandemic containment operation is warranted. Phase 4 indicates a significant increase in risk of a pandemic but does not necessarily mean that a pandemic is a forgone conclusion.

Phase 5 is characterized by human-to-human spread of the virus into at least two countries in one WHO region. While most countries will not be affected at this stage, the declaration of Phase 5 is a strong signal that a pandemic is imminent and that the time to finalize the organization, communication, and implementation of the planned mitigation measures is short.

Phase 6, the pandemic phase, is characterized by community level outbreaks in at least one other country in a different WHO region in addition to the criteria defined in Phase 5. Designation of this phase will indicate that a global pandemic is under way.

OK

implementation of a rapid pandemic containment operation

so what does this mean?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Veratect Canada, Nova Scotia: 53 students from King’s-Edgehill school in Windsor under quarantine following four confirmed cases.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
ALERT: WHO AT LEVEL 5. Here

Level 6 is MARTIAL LAW AND FORCED VACCINATION.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by elvanvitar

Originally posted by mrwupy
The local news just said at least a dozen cases are suspected in Benton County Arkansas. That's one county over from me.

What station reported this as I live close to there too.

40/29. Here's a link to the story. Source.

wupy

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
ALERT: WHO AT LEVEL 5. Here

Level 6 is MARTIAL LAW AND FORCED VACCINATION.

And if the numbers are true...

7 deaths for 26 infection... the kill rate is freaking high.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Vitchilo]

seriously?

forced?

I don't trust this at all.

[edit on 053030p://bWednesday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by invisibleman11
great. the Reno gazet journal in my home town is saying Bird FLu has been confirmed in Washoe County Nevada. www.rgj.com...&OAS_sitepage=news.rgj.com%2Fbreakingnews

BIRD FLU?

You almost made me pass out there for a minute! Obviously, per the article in your link, you meant Swine Flu.

Sheeesh :-)

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by quixotical
There is a RUMOR circulating that there are 65 cases of swine flu in new orleans, but it is being kept under wraps because of the present Jazz Fest.

Jazz Fest ended last Sunday?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
has anyone determined which of these maps is most accurate at this time?

im breaking down and goint out to look for some masks and such.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
South Korea: 3 of the 11 Suspected Swine Influenza Cases Were On Same Flight As Country's First Probable Case.

This gives a picture what happens in the airplane if there is somenone infected - no wonder Air France crews are resisting to flight Mexico!

--- Life before the profits!

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

oops!!! id did mean swine flu...but this is a strain of bird flu also which is freaking scary considering this is alowing bird flu to be transmible between humans and go airborne (no pun intended)

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

"We've seen swine influenza in humans over the past several years, and in most cases, it's come from direct pig contact. This seems to be different," said Dr. Arnold Monto, a flu expert with the University of Michigan. "I think we need to be careful and not apprehensive, but certainly paying attention to new developments as they proceed." CDC officials described the virus as having a unique combination of gene segments not seen before in people or pigs. The bug contains human virus, avian virus from North America and pig viruses from North America, Europe and Asia. It may be completely new, or it may have been around for a while and was only detected now through improved testing and surveillance, CDC officials said.
abclocal.go.com.../national_world&id=6778985

In Jakarta, Indonesian Heath Minister Siti Fadilah Supari yesterday said the virus could have been man-made, as she urged calm over its spread around the world. She did not elaborate but in the past she has said Western governments could be making and spreading viruses in the developing world to boost pharmaceutical companies' profits. "I'm not sure whether the virus was genetically engineered but it's a possibility," she said at a press conference. No cases of the disease have been reported in Indonesia.
www.theaustralian.news.com.au...

link   

Originally posted by switching yard
Sorry if this was posted earlier... a link to a WIRED update claiming that there is no avian or human strains, but only two swine strains that have combined and jumped to humans...here's the link...

www.wired.com...

this is the first I've heard of them backtracking and putting out that it is not a cocktail but swine only.

Gr8 JOB BRO!!!

Great news and I love being able to click on those links, the scientists are real, and its a genuine story.. Again great link.

Still deep in the unknown here folks.

link   
reply to post by Zenagain

No, JazzFest ends this Sunday, or it better, I bought tickets.

Haven't heard anything about that, but I kinda figured that was what was going on. We have a way of covering things up here :shk:

*EDIT I am not saying that is the case, just speculation.

[edit on 4/29/09 by niteboy82]

new topics

top topics

<< 154  155  156    158  159  160 >>

join