It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 156
<< 153  154  155    157  158  159 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
BTW chimming in from Thunder Bay Ontario. No confirmed cases, in fact no suspected cases either so far. It is generall small city so it may take a while to get here if it does at all.

Being hopeful I know.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Originally posted by mrwupy
The local news just said at least a dozen cases are suspected in Benton County Arkansas. That's one county over from me.

then its a good bet if these turn out to be confirmed cases, its already into your county.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Did you read my post where my friends mom was swabbed and told it will take 6 days to get results back........and she is very sick with all symptoms with the high fever.......

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
reply to post by Trayen11

In my eyes life is more important than economics.

Of course I understand that economics and business lobbies are the reason, why still every second airplanes are taking off from worlds airports, but in the name of life itself, there should come wide and urgent stand down, before we have information and cure to this pandemic.

Lady in WHO can cry for this in WHO press confrence, but still business will continue, planes will fly - and with her words "this is threat to human kind" ... But too many see only gold... And banksters know what they are doing.

You dont need gold if youre dead - but for banksters there is no life without gold either.

Oh i agree with you 100% I was merely stating my opinion to why countries are not shutting thier borders yet.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

The local news just said at least a dozen cases are suspected in Benton County Arkansas. That's one county over from me.

I think you are taking that out of context. The quote from local news source states "Healthcare workers are taking precautions, said Keith Veit, director of operations for Northwest Medical Center. At least a dozen people have already showed up in the emergency room thinking they might be infected, Veit said."

That is a far cry from suspected cases..

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
UPDATE:

VeratectFinland: Finland’s Second Suspected Case Under Investigation in Kotka.

--- Damned, thats only 40 km from my home... Next city to mine!

Young man who has just arrived from Spain. They wont let the guy in to the hospital, but he is in karanten at his home!

[edit on 29-4-2009 by JanusFIN]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by spark9576

Well even though you disagree with the MOD

At least there are a few of us living in the same area.........

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

I don't disagree with the MOD at all, just providing a quote that stated "12 people went to the hospital thinking they have swine flu" which is a far cry from "12 suspected cases of swine flu". If you read the article I posted a link to you would clearly see that.

That's all..

[edit on 4/29/2009 by spark9576]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
HI Guys...

Here's another interesting source of information.. It on a UK Government Website and its called the OK Resilliance Homepage.

Cabinett Office Website UK

The "The Civil Contingencies Secretariat" makes some intersting reading

Cheers all,

chroot

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by spark9576

I think you are taking that out of context. The quote from local news source states "Healthcare workers are taking precautions, said Keith Veit, director of operations for Northwest Medical Center. At least a dozen people have already showed up in the emergency room thinking they might be infected, Veit said."

That is a far cry from suspected cases..

Allow me to quote:

Benton Co. Officials: 12 'Probable' Cases Of Swine Flu
Source.

I assure you, I took nothing out of context.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I just imagine that if swine flu is really spreading or has spread, the numbers should be a lot larger. It would seem to me that within the next 7 days, the numbers should explode if it is going to be a serious threat in the immediate future

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Sorry if this was posted earlier... a link to a WIRED update claiming that there is no avian or human strains, but only two swine strains that have combined and jumped to humans...here's the link...

www.wired.com...

this is the first I've heard of them backtracking and putting out that it is not a cocktail but swine only.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Lots of whispering going on among the bio med community:

1. CDC sources are saying virus is man made. University of Michigan professors came out saying the virus was man-made and were immediately squashed.

2. Cases are being intentionally under-reported. Still trying to find out why.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Announcing the latest alert level after an emergeny WHO meeting in Geneva, Director General Margaret Chan urged all countries to activate their pandemic plans, including heightened surveillance and infection-control measures.

She said action should be undertaken with "increased urgency".

She added: "It really is the whole of humanity that is under threat in a pandemic."
news.bbc.co.uk...

Says it all really...

(emphasis; mine)

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by switching yard

Don't let this article get lost in this thread.......start a new thread

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Pretty good article time at 1123pm from daily mail.

With a map of UK cases.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

[edit on 29/4/09 by blupblup]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
Lots of whispering going on among the bio med community:

1. CDC sources are saying virus is man made. University of Michigan professors came out saying the virus was man-made and were immediately squashed.

2. Cases are being intentionally under-reported. Still trying to find out why.

That's interesting ecoparity. I would love to hear more about what the medical professionals out there are thinking about all of this. Do you mind saying what area you area in? I'm curious as to how alarmed people are and where they are alarmed. I live in San Diego county and have been surprised that hardly anyone "out there" is wearing masks or talking about it or seems at all concerned.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

To quote Marge Simpson "Well, that shut me up!".

In that case, good luck to you out there. As someone else stated, if they are just testing it now and feeling symptoms, it's probably in your area.

Just rent a lot of movies, make some soup, and prepare for a couple days on the couch...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Well what happens, at level 4,5 or 6?

I doubt I am going to get any flu shots, I am not sure I trust that either.

If the mortality rate is no different then any other flu.

This whole thing is odd.

People afraid of pigs.

Saudi Arabia killing 300,000 pigs, give me a break.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

A chart and explanation of phases

www.who.int...

new topics

top topics

<< 153  154  155    157  158  159 >>

join