It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 155
<< 152  153  154    156  157  158 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Hi Guys...

I noticed a little earlier in this thread that some links to Contingency plans for many U.S States had been posted.

I did a quick search on Google for the U.K's Flu Pandemic Contingency plans and i came across this.

Uk Flu Pandemic Contingency Plan

It makes some interesting reading and it even mentions controlling the public.. I think it refers to it Social Control.

Another interesting point that i noticed that it does go on a fair bit about mass vaccination.

Great Thread, Cheers All

Chroot

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by pcgeek

Originally posted by pcgeek
For my fellow friend in Iowa. 20 suspected cases in Black Hawk County, Iowa. My"Family Member" Works in a hospital today and all Hospitals are put on Red Alert in Iowa. I can not give the source as they are family and I dont want them to lose there job

Oh and my scare level 7

please keep me updated u2u my friend.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by PH43DRUS

Man, we think a lot alike. I was going to do a third edit pointing out how this is shaping up to be a disaster "Perfect Storm" but decided two edits were enough. lol Yeah, it's all starting to sound like a badly scripted Roland Emmerich and Dean Devlin movie. Call it "Economihurriplague!" :: Shivers ::

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by -Rugged Shark-
reply to post by pcgeek

Don't read in to much into those suspected cases. They could be anything from common cold to common flu. Or even just paranoia.The thing to look into are the confirmed cases.

I wouldn't read to much into the above....seems like information is coming out way too slow and they are taking too long to test these people to confirm them.

Just think of this:

You go into a doctors office complaining of Flu like symptoms. You sit in the waiting room and touch the magazine sitting on the table and put your hands that you just used to cover your mouth when you coughed, all over the chair and magazine.

You go in and they tell you it is going to take 3-6 days to get results. Meanwhile people in the waiting room are touching the same chair and Magazine you touched. They do not experience symptoms for 2-3 days all the while they keep shopping and going to work etc. Symptoms kick in and bam the process repeats.

It is getting ugly!!! My Advice is trust your gut!

-Kdial1

[edit on 29-4-2009 by kdial1]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

Originally posted by cosmicpixie

We were talking about all the other stuff that would happen last night - depression, suicides, crime, poverty, malnutrition, people flaking as they haven't enough food to eat, etc etc....I saw it all in a flash and it was the energy of horror. I won't go there again in my head if I can help it, the world sure will go to crap if this turns out to be "the one".

[edit on 29/4/09 by cosmicpixie]

contigency plans for all 50 states in the usa in link below
www.pandemicflu.gov...

we are all about to be tested emotionally and psychologically so id just recomment not getting drunk because a sober mind is the best state of mind to deal with the unexpected that we all will probably have to deal with.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by elitegamer23]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Allthough I dont agree with what thier doing by not shutting down travel to and from countries. I can see very plainly why they aren't. People running the countries are scared that shutting down travel/imports/exports, is simple.

It would put the final nail in the coffin of the global economy. If they shut everything down the global economy will crash and collapse and we will be faced with a very real depression.

I believe the people in power are seeming to be waiting and hoping this blows over and no real damage is done to the economy. I believe all travel should be stopped immediatley, but on the other hand i can see why they are not doing it yet. Looking for a miracle and that things are going to be fine. Of course they could be just making the situation worse.

[edit on 4/29/0909 by Trayen11]

SMR

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
From CNN:

# NEW: Researchers conducting complete genetic sequencing of the H1N1 virus
# NEW: WHO raises influenza epidemic level from 4 to 5
# NEW: "Actions now should be taken with increased urgency," director-general says

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sapphirearaidia

If I lived next door to you I would be over in a minute to help, or bring dinner for you tonight..

Hang in there, it will be ok!

link   
reply to post by kdial1

For the Drs Office scenario you presented.. this is why washing your hands is important and wearing a mask if you think the virus is airborne, or people are sneezing/coughing.

The virus needs to enter through a mucus membrane, like the nose, eyes and mouth.

If you are touching things that other people have touched, wash your hands, do not rub your eyes or nose (don't pick your nose!!).

You will not become infected just by contact with the skin...thats the realm of chemical agents.

link   
yes i agree that people are ignorant of the fact that the best resporator in the world is useless if you take it of when you feel you are safe and then procede to chew or your fingernails or what not..Plastic painters suites with rubber gloves taped at the cuffs and ankles with the little booties are a good defence just about anyone can get ahold of..And besure to disrobe with your gloves to be the last things off and even then take them off like a doctor would..keep infect cloths in a ''safe'' area..Put gloves on and do the opposite..

or even better before disrobing have a buddy spray you down with a mix of water and bleach for disinfectent..

this is last ditch effort kinda stuff..

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Its going to get worse, before it gets better people.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

Yes it is getting ugly, but suspected casea don't mean anything. Like I said it could be a common cold, common flu or even paranoia.

Don't get me wrong, the tests to confirm h1n1 are difficult enough. The mouth swab is only effective after 2 days of the 1st day of infection. And the blood test only gives results after the 5th day of infection, provided there is a blood sample of before the infection. Anything after the 5th day of infection will become damn hard to detemine if it's h1n1.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by retroviralsounds

I trust you too since you are a Micro biologist.

Is your company assisting in developing a vaccine?

-Kdial1

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
wow i just read about the WHO post pandemic phaze, wich sais some thing like the disease will likley spread in repeated waves over several months !!.
i think its going to be almost imposible not to get infected in big citys like london, due to public transport wich can be avoided, but shopping is another story altogether, as we all need food & most cant buy several months worth of food in one go !!, maybe buying food from open air markets might help if you can keep a distance from other shoppers ?.
it looks grim.
maybe i should have all my shopping delivered & only communicate through the window with sign language for the next 3 months

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
There is a RUMOR circulating that there are 65 cases of swine flu in new orleans, but it is being kept under wraps because of the present Jazz Fest.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
The local news just said at least a dozen cases are suspected in Benton County Arkansas. That's one county over from me.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I live in the Yucatan. So far there are no reported cases anywhere in this area. People here are working, playing and shopping as usual. I don't know why some areas are affected and others aren't, but that does seem to be the case. I hope this makes some of you feel better about your areas.
All is not lost yet.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

I just got home from my third trip since last Friday...I am going to the doctor myself tomorrow, finally, so I wanted to squeeze in another trip.

It's funny how many people I saw using those wipes at the front door to disinfect the carts; I never see that (except for myself!) normally! I also saw a few women putting double/triples of things in their carts. I wanted to comment about whether they were planning ahead, but just moved on!

I know I'll never be ready if this gets really bad but at least I know I have more supplies than I did a year ago.

Thanks for all of the information here!
FMF

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Trayen11

In my eyes life is more important than economics.

Of course I understand that economics and business lobbies are the reason, why still every second airplanes are taking off from worlds airports, but in the name of life itself, there should come wide and urgent stand down, before we have information and cure to this pandemic.

Lady in WHO can cry for this in WHO press confrence, but still business will continue, planes will fly - and with her words "this is threat to human kind" ... But too many see only gold... And banksters know what they are doing.

You dont need gold if youre dead - but for banksters there is no life without gold either.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

I am one county above in MO......O no they know where I am.....I am ready

new topics

top topics

<< 152  153  154    156  157  158 >>

join