It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 109
<< 106  107  108    110  111  112 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Pazzzzz

If it broke out appreciably where we live we won't be going outdoors beyond the field for walks , we plan to confine ourselves . And if we ran out of supplies, presuming (hoping) places had food I'll be covered head to toe , sprayed with disinfectant and carring spray bleach with me.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Whatthehell?

that interveiw was very insightfull..Connecting all the dots,it will be getting worse before it gets better..

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mkross1983

yeah, I don't think Twitter anticipated itself to be used on such a mass scale. I think they will be investing in more server space and upgrading their program soon.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mkross1983

i bet there are at least a billion people on the net right now

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I am really begining to wonder about all the numbers being put out. I mean this thing started what about 30 days ago?
There are horde's of people in Mexico that are supposed to be infected with it. People who have been there and gotten it are very low in numbers.
The numbers of those who have gotten it from the people who went there are even "lower". The case's also milder than in Mexico.
Is it because the test's for this are so expensive that we are seeing so few confirm's?
Or is it just that this started in the media three days ago and it takes three or four days to get a culture?
If the later be true tomarrow and into the weekened is either going to get very scary or we are going to find that this has been blown out of porportion.
It isn't that I don't think that people are getting sick it is just that all of these news stories are so watered down and contain very little if ANY INFORMATION on what the situation actually is. It really is hard to tell what exactly the state of this thing is at.
All we know is that they haven't got a vacine for it but tamiflu helps. There are very few people here and there all over the world with it. Yet the only people who have died so far are in Mexico. Even then the doctors in Mexico are saying the numbers are much higher...yet only people dead in Mexico? CRAZY

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

I've been following the internet access from my business. We offer free Wifi to anybody within range, and pull reports of general internet usage accross Canada.

There are 1,086,250,903 people on the Internet world-wide and 229,138,706 people in the United States on the Internet as of this morning.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by elvanvitar
Millions of Americans get the flu each year. Unless we start seeing an absurd death rate here there is really nothing to worry about. I do think the goverment is capitalizing on this though.

The thing to worry about is that Flu normally kills the elderly and very young. This one is killing young adults. What do you think would happen if the world all of a sudden has to do without a great number of tax paying, infrastructure building, country and liberty defending, procreating adults? That is the reason why there is a panic.

[edit on 28/4/09 by Lebowski achiever]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
i was pretty close, are the numbers higher than normal. i would think more people are watching this thing real close

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

I'm so with you on this...it's almost impossible to get any sort of "clear picture" and honestly,for the first time in months,I've been glued to my screen most of the day.
I believe you are right: by the weekend it will be a CRISIS or it will begin to blow over.
Always enjoy your posts!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
i ment to say way off

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

Thanks hun!
I am going to check with some science contacts I have when I get back from stocking up (just in case). Got three teens and want to keep them safe! Will be a few hours till I can look around, but will let you know if I get any details.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Good day, everyone,

What do we have new? It appears that no one will really pay attention to this topic until someone dies from it out of Mexico, from what I have heard we have had some hospitalizations in the US, with this illness. So I suppose that will be the next step folks. Once that occurs people will start taking this serious. Instead of taking it serious now like intelligent people. Smart people learn from other people, ignorant people have to see fatalities or fail themselves before they can learn. Are we blowing this outta proportion here on ATS, nope, this site is in place for things like this, and people like you and me, are here to learn about the things we do not understand, and try to prove, or at least be prepared the BEST we can, for what occurs we cannot have any control over.. Opinions are one thing, but a statement from the founders of this site may be in order to prevent the immature posts I have been seeing the last few days. This Swine flu is very serious, VERY, dire, and can become something that can thin out this over populated planet, if nature makes any sense this is the case. Anyhow trying to keep up with this story, but I don't think it will get high powered acclaim until we get some deaths..Outside of Mexico, that is.. Sadly...

[edit on 28-4-2009 by Adrifter]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
maps.google.com...

6 new cases in last 10 minutes

add 2 more...

[edit on 28-4-2009 by TheCoffinman]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

How do i follow whats going on with twitter? Any help please?

SMR

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Coroner: Swine Flu Ruled Out In 1 Los Angeles Death
Apr 28, 2009 2:05 PM PDT Apr 28, 2009 2:05 PM PDT

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Swine flu has been ruled out as the cause of one of two recent deaths being investigated by the Los Angeles County coroner's office.
Coroner's Assistant Chief Ed Winter said Tuesday that swine flu was not found in a La Mirada man.
Winter says lab testing is pending in the case of a Long Beach man but swine flu is now not suspected.
Both deaths were reported to the coroner's office on Monday.
(Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

SAN DIEGO, CA

Mira Mesa Teachers Test Negative For Swine Flu
Apr 28, 2009 3:59 PM PDT Apr 28, 2009 4:05 PM PDT

Six teachers at a private school in Mira Mesa tested negative for swine flu and the campus will reopen for classes on Wednesday, county health officials said today.
Christ the Cornerstone Academy was closed today as a precautionary measure while tests were conducted to see if the six teachers suspected of having swine flu actually contracted the disease, said Dr. Wilma Wooten, San Diego County's public health officer.
The teachers were believed to have been exposed to the virus by a student at the school who tested positive for it, according to Wooten.

With the teachers testing negative, the school was cleared to reopen.

Source

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Missouri is sending about two dozen samples to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to be tested for the swine flu

www.kait8.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrallel
reply to post by tothetenthpower

How do i follow whats going on with twitter? Any help please?

If you have a twitter account, then follow here twitter.com...

Also use the twitter search, Put terms like "Swine flu" ect
search.twitter.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

Thank you

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Listening to Radio Canada,

The guy interviewed said there is only 3 places that can identify if it is the swine flu: CDC, WHO and at Winipeg in Canada.

And it take 2 to 3 days after they sent the sample to get the result...

So...
- we cannot for sure identify it as fast as the number of case will grow. 2 to 3 days... this is ridiculous.

We are running late on that one... at least, that is what they want us to know.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

WCBS-TV: The swine flu outbreak has spread to Nassau. Health Commissioner is scheduled to announce the County's first confirmed case

new topics

top topics

<< 106  107  108    110  111  112 >>

join