It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 107
<< 104  105  106    108  109  110 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
The Los Angeles County coroner says the deaths they are investigating are not related to the swine flu epidemic.

From Twitter.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by irishchic
reply to post by lucentenigma

I agree: he's pervy.

It's more things like this from the "Time" article that has me a more than a bit cautious:

"Hama notes, however, that it was around that same time that Tamiflu became widely used in the country. (Tamiflu is taken far more often here than in any other country; Japanese doctors prescribed the drug 24.5 million times between 2001 and 2005,compared to just 6.5 million prescriptions in the U.S.) Cases that included neurological side effects seemed to spike at the same time that Tamiflu prescriptions rose in Japan. Nevertheless, it is possible that the side effects accompanied the disease and that more such extreme cases were seen because doctors were looking harder."

Cases of people killing themselves and acting erratically after taking the drug.

I had a friend commit suicide while taking Accutane...some of these drugs are just awful for humans!

Yikes! I had "regular" flu about a month and a half ago and was prescribed Tamiflu. No side effects thank goodness. I don't think it really did anything for me other then make me $100 poorer. I need to buy some Roche stock options maybe I will make my $100 back.

You never know with pharms, some people are sensitive to chemicals in ways others are not. I have a friend who feels icky after taking the simplest of drugs like Tylenol.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

Welll that's a bit of a relief. There are so many different sources now and so many different figures being announced... no wonder most people are confused and say fug it to the whole thing.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

The Los Angeles County coroner says the deaths they are investigating are not related to the swine flu epidemic.

From Twitter.

Oh crap, and theres me gettin all excited.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ignorance Denied

From Twitter.

So - is this the OFFICIAL word?
Or are they re-checking like someone else just mentioned?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Update

VeratectColombia: 30 Additional Suspected Cases of Swine Influenza Reported; 42 Suspected Cases Nationwide. #swineflu
half a minute ago from web

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Update

Veratect US, New York: Health officials investigating six suspected cases of swine influenza at Ascension School in Manhattan. #swineflu
half a minute ago from web

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Here in the Bay Area, aside from the Marin County cases, other counties were awaiting tests results involving possible outbreaks.

The Alameda County Public Health Department has sent nine nasal swab specimens to the California Department of Public Health for testing, according to Alameda County health department spokeswoman Sherri Willis.

Willis said she did not know when the test results would be available.

Contra Costa Health Services spokeswoman Kate Fowlie and Santa Cruz County Health Service Agency spokeswoman Natasha Kowalski said Tuesday that those counties have also been testing residents.

Health officials from several other Bay Area counties were not immediately available to provide additional numbers.

Swine flu is believed to spread mainly person-to-person through coughing and sneezing
end quote

There is a lot of people here in Northern California starting to get very angry! They aren't telling anyone the actual numbers of suspected case's. Or where they are testing unless someone has already leaked it.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I am in Oklahoma and we have a suspected case in Muskogee county, our attorney General is in the hospital with an undisclosed serious illness after traveling to an undisclosed location that included Dallas.

We also got papers home from the school in our son's folder saying to prepare for school closures.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I bought LOTS of FFP3 (equiv to N99) masks 3 yrs ago but am frustrated to find out they have a shelf life of only 3 years ? I don't understand why there would be some use by date given they are a paper product without any medical stuff sprayed into them at manufacture....mine have been stored in a box in the dark and the cool for 3 years ....is this shelf life issue rubbish, will they still work so long as nothing looks any different to the day they 1st arrived ? If there is anyone with any know how here PLEASE reply as I don't know what to do and would prefer not to spend another few hundred quid on new ones , I'm not exactly rolling in it at this stage of my life.......

[edit on 28/4/09 by cosmicpixie]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Wonder what this is about then???

US, California: Reports of two confirmed swine influenza cases in Marin County. #swinefluless than a minute ago from web

???

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
VeratectUS, Maine: Residents Under Voluntary Quarantine, Tests for Swine Influenza Pending1 minute ago from web

My parents are in Maine.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Four samples suspected of being swine flu have been sent to the Georgia public health lab in the past few days but have tested negative for the disease

State health officials apparently are investigating whether an unnamed number of Utahns have contracted swine flu.

Health officials announced today the Bay Area's first confirmed case of swine flu has been identified in Marin County. A 60 years old woman and her 20 month old granddaughter tested positive for swine flu.

two hospitalized in texas...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Officials Warn Swine Flu Outbreak Will Likely Lead to U.S. Deaths
U.S. officials urged the public to stop using the term "swine flu," since swine apparently are not infected with the virus and this misconception is triggering unhelpful fears about U.S. pork.

The federal government on Tuesday began preparing Americans deaths linked to the outbreak of swine flu -- an inevitable outcome of such an outbreak, as with seasonal flu -- as the Obama administration took additional steps to stop the spread of the virus.

At the same time, U.S. officials urged the public to stop using the term "swine flu," since swine apparently are not infected with the virus and this misconception is triggering unhelpful fears about U.S. pork.

www.foxnews.com...

Yes let's get the people ready to tell them how many people are really dieing. BUT let's make sure we get them to stop calling it "swine flu" before we lose more money.
I tell you what these new's stories are getting more agrivating by the minute. I think that getting people ready for some "bad" numbers is more important that what we are calling the darn thing!
So CHINA is using it as yet another excuse to attack america....who care's what they think right now. I care about my fellow citizens and whether or not they are going to be okay, not what some idiot is calling a flu!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by gluetrap

Keep us posted about Oklahoma, I am on the boarder in MO......And we have a case that came in from Houston last night that was swabed.......

Does not look good...........

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The health minister, Tony Ryall, said on Tuesday that tests on 10 students and a teacher, who returned from a three-week trip to Mexico at the weekend, have proved positive for the H1N1 virus

One adult and one child have been hospitalized in New York and the city's confirmed swine flu cases could be much higher than the 45

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by gluetrap

Just a correction, it is not the attorney General, it is a US attorney, he is hospitalized in Dallas right now.

I also have heard of an unconfirmed case in Cushing oklahoma.

It was only a matter of time since both Texas and Kansas have cases.

You know I was really really sick about two weeks ago, it knocked me on my butt and I spent about a week just laying on the couch doing nothing before it settled into bronchitis and a horrible sinus infection. Took two rounds of the Z-pack to fully clear it all up.

They didn't test me for the flu because I waited to long to go in for any of the flu medicine to work, but now I wonder what it really was.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by gluetrap]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by gluetrap

We also got papers home from the school in our son's folder saying to prepare for school closures.

They need to close all the schools now - everywhere - until we get an accurate account of what is happening. They don't close them because of money. There comes a time when it isn't about money. The time is now.
Actually the time was days ago -but since they didn't do that - the time really is now.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

As for our conversation about masks in pontypridd.......he has sold out as off 1pm today! Scary in it!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Mexican Reports: Flu Much Worse Than Reported

Yeny Gregorio Dávila, Mexico City:

I work as a resident doctor in one of the biggest hospitals in Mexico City and sadly, the situation is far from “under control”. As a doctor, I realise that the media does not report the truth. Authorities distributed vaccines among all the medical personnel with no results, because two of my partners who worked in this hospital (interns) were killed by this new virus in less than six days even though they were vaccinated as all of us were. The official number of deaths is 20, nevertheless, the true number of victims are more than 200. I understand that we must avoid to panic, but telling the truth it might be better now to prevent and avoid more deaths.

susiemadrak.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 104  105  106    108  109  110 >>

join