It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 106
<< 103  104  105    107  108  109 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

Nothing has been officially released to the media as of yet. I've been in sporadic contact today with a close relative working on this at the national level to confirm that much.

Conspiracies aside, no one really knows anything yet. This is a brand spankin' new virus with 2 new gene components no one has seen before. Pay attention to the CDC reports - they are currently giving the most factual and up to date information out of anyone.

link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

Hi Cosmic.......The deaths were unconfirmed by local coroner, then it was decided to let gov health check again. You would think the coroner would be able to get it right.

Sounds to me like someone wants them to be infected.

Respects

link   
I just found this site on the BBC called have your say and there are several emails from people in Mexico now. It looks like it is a current thing so here is the link, it is not very good news though be warned.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Besides three confirmed cases of swine flu, Dallas County now has six probable cases and six suspected cases, the Dallas Department of Health and Human Services confirmed on Tuesday

Governor Paterson is asking New Yorkers to remain calm. State Health Commissioner, Richard Daines said investigations into cases of Swine Flu are underway in all regions of the state

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Well they are saying there are 2 dead here in Cali but they are not confirmed that it was swine flu yet

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by redhead57

These were posted then removed early yesterday morning on that site. Kinda brings into dispute the dates and the legitimacy of those posts.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
The FLU map says it's in Philadelphia ... a woman from Philly Airport was taken to the hospital.

Side note ... my husband works in Philly near the airport. His co-worker was taken to the hospital with flu symptoms .. he's being tested as we speak.

link   
CNN reporting there are only 130 CONFIRMED cases WORLD WIDE right now. Don't know about you guys but I happen to think there are a lot more than that.

link   
Interesting propaganda from 1976

link   
reply to post by Aldolas

I hope that you and I are both wrong. I do believe that this version of H1N1 is being spread from human to human and there is 2nd and 3rd generation transfering of the virus.
If these two deaths in California turn out to be because of the H1N1 virus then we here in America have turned to the next page. If this is the case then the true American epicenter has just switched to L.A. The people that died from it have now passed it along to those they have come in contact with and this newer "verison" is now on the lose. Remember, these people went into the hospital on Thursday and Friday of last week. They had it and spread it for at least 3 days before they showed signs of the flu.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The Minnesota Department of Health has tested dozens of specimens but still hasn't confirmed any cases of swine flu in the state. The department says in a news release Tuesday that it has tested 30 samples, and all were negative

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The Naming of Swine Flu, a Curious Matter

Article Tools Sponsored By
By KEITH BRADSHER
Published: April 28, 2009

HONG KONG — What to call the new strain of flu raising alarms around the world has taken on political, economic and diplomatic overtones.
Skip to next paragraph
Multimedia
Tracking Swine Flu Cases WorldwideInteractive Graphic
Tracking Swine Flu Cases Worldwide
Related
7 Countries Have Confirmed Flu Cases (April 29, 2009)
Times Topics: Swine Flu

Pork producers question whether the term “swine flu” is appropriate, given that pigs so far do not seem to be falling ill. Government officials in Thailand, one of the world’s largest meat exporters, have started referring to the disease as “Mexican flu.” An Israeli deputy health minister — an ultra-Orthodox Jew — said his country would do the same, to keep Jews from having to say the word “swine.” However, his call seemed to have been largely ignored.

The World Organization for Animal Health, which handles veterinary issues around the world, issued a statement late Monday suggesting that the new disease should be labeled “North American influenza,” in keeping with a long medical tradition of naming influenza pandemics for the regions where they were first identified.

www.nytimes.com...

Honestly, who gives a crap what they call it.... it's killing people.
Name it after we've put an end to it... I mean c'mon! What the hell is wrong with people to argue over this crap!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by irishchic
www.time.com...

I am going to really have to be awful sick before I take this chit Tamiflu.

Also,it's said that Donald Rumsfeld (who gives me the willies) has huge interests in the company/drug.

No...way.

Tamiflu has been proven practically worthless in past "regular" flu seasons.

They are saying that H1N1 responds favorably to Tamiflu. If this is truthful or not.

Also, Tamiflu does not work if you start taking it once you are very sick. You need to take it as soon as any symptoms start.

The maker of Tamiflu is Roche, a publicly traded company. If anyone thinks that this is going to get huge (phase 6 pandemic) you can take a gamble and buy shares of Roche or options. You may just get rich.

P.S. Rummy gives me nausea

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Has the WHO given a press release today, only the most up to date on their site is dated yesterday...thanks?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

From what I understand there won't be a press conference today, they are taking a day off. My guess is that they will wait throught the night and raise the level tmr morning.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by lucentenigma

I agree: he's pervy.

It's more things like this from the "Time" article that has me a more than a bit cautious:

"Hama notes, however, that it was around that same time that Tamiflu became widely used in the country. (Tamiflu is taken far more often here than in any other country; Japanese doctors prescribed the drug 24.5 million times between 2001 and 2005,compared to just 6.5 million prescriptions in the U.S.) Cases that included neurological side effects seemed to spike at the same time that Tamiflu prescriptions rose in Japan. Nevertheless, it is possible that the side effects accompanied the disease and that more such extreme cases were seen because doctors were looking harder."

Cases of people killing themselves and acting erratically after taking the drug.

I had a friend commit suicide while taking Accutane...some of these drugs are just awful for humans!

link   
WHO Scientific Review on the current outbreaks of human infections with swine influenza to be held on 29 April

WHO is convening a Scientific Review on 29 April in response to requests from the scientific community for more detailed scientific information on swine influenza.

Experts from the affected countries will provide an update on the current situation and discuss what is known about the disease from a virological, epidemiological and clinical perspective.

A report from the review will be posted on the WHO swine influenza page shortly after the meeting.

www.who.int...

link   
A Faster Vaccine - Science Daily

This is the answer, not tamiflu or relenza.

O-315

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Tech note... More than one strain
Researchers following the Swine Flu outbreak can access the latest swine influenza A (H1N1) gene sequences on GenBank, at the NCBI website. So far over two dozen sequences from strains isolated in Texas and California have been posted. Sequences for eight different genes have been listed, including genes for a nuclear export protein (NEP), nucleocapsid protein (NP), matrix proteins (MP), several polymerases and the two glycoproteins: hemagglutinin (HA) and neuraminidase (NA) that determine the subtype of the Influenza A virus. Influenza virus genes consist of negative-strand RNA.

The gene sequencing is being done at the J. Craig Venter Institute and is part of a project funded by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease (NIAID), through the Influenza Genome Sequencing Project, with the objective of helping scientists quickly identify emerging strains and develop vaccines.

new topics

top topics

<< 103  104  105    107  108  109 >>

join