It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 105
<< 102  103  104    106  107  108 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

Well prepare because the government is coming for you and me to vaccinate............All of us who will refuse the 'manditory' vaccination will need a plan of action........We have until they create a vaccine and mass produce it............I don't think they can mandate tamiflu because its useless and too many people have already spoke out that it is........Just food for thought for everyone.......

link   
reply to post by irishchic

I have heard reports that the country is on shut down and all in the medical field have been told not to speak to reporters at all. I cant find it now but I heard that those in the medical field have started to protest taking care of those that are sick because they feel that they are not being protected from the flu by the Mexican government while they are taking care of the sick.

link   
reply to post by k_sin

Well that's good.

I just got off the phone with my husband, he's a pediatrican here on the East Coast of Canada. He says they've sent about 50 samples away for testing of suspected flue cases, but most are just a precaution.

He says they've been treating with Tamiflu and a Peniscilin, it seems to be taking effect thus far.

More updates to come.

~Keeper

link   
Gov. Schwarzenegger Declares Swine Flu Emergency in California
New York City Records Large Increase in Swine Flu Cases

California has confirmed 13 cases of swine flu, but it is investigating whether two deaths were the result of the virus. If confirmed, they would be the first deaths in the U.S. attributed to the illness.

source: abcnews.go.com...

Sorry if this was already posted!
crazy times

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Got this from work today:

***** is Monitoring Swine Flu Concerns

Corporate Environmental, Safety, Health, & Security (ESH&S) is monitoring developments related to the current swine flu situation and its impact on ****** professionals and business around the word. As additional facts on the disease are made available, ESH&S will pass along this information for the protection of professionals and their families, as well as ****** offices, projects and clients.

***** is a member of International SOS and uses the resource to monitor security and health concerns around the globe. The link below is to the International SOS Swine Flu Update Webpage. The webpage provides recent news on the subject, answers to frequently asked questions, travel recommendations, a listing of affected countries, international updates, public health restrictions, travel restrictions, clinical information, information on vaccines and medications, educational sheets, and swine flu basics.

urgent.internationalsos.com...

Until further notice, any travel to Mexico should be coordinated through the ESH&S. Please contact me @ ****** for additional information, questions, and assistance.

Regards,

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
www.thestate.com...
2 in Newberry county SC, with 18 or so suspected. These kids came back from Cancun. They closed down the academy yesterday.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I hear all this news ots makes me sad but remember we all can help by talking and helping the people who are ill or affected so please dont lock your selves up if it gets worse lets get behind this and help people.

If any one is worried i am here to talk to, i live in england incase you get any news aswel

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I too have wondered why DHS is taking the lead in this as opposed to DHHS or the Surgeon Generals office too.

A Dr. Fukudo from WHO just said on cnn that the deaths in Mexico could likely be because it has had more chance to run its course down there. This is becoming very serious very fast. He is hedging on what he sees coming in the next two weeks, but mentioned that person to person transmission could make this much worse. Very hard to predict right now, according to him.

I am now wondering if and when the border is going to be monitored here in the US. I think there still is a very big gulf between what they are saying and what they are doing.

I also agree that the flow of info from Mexico has all but stopped. Hard not to be a bit afraid of this and what the scope of this may be. I keep hoping for a big fat dud like 30 years ago.

link   
Every media outlet is reporting different figures, so where are they getting their information?. Why then are the PTB not stopping them doing it or confirming correct figures with them before they report.

Im sure this fog of war is suiting someone and my money is on those who will make money from tamiflu and such.

link   
www.time.com...

I am going to really have to be awful sick before I take this chit Tamiflu.

Also,it's said that Donald Rumsfeld (who gives me the willies) has huge interests in the company/drug.

No...way.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
They keep saying mild flue symptoms.

1. Swine flue started over a month ago in Mexico.
+
2. Were there reported deaths in the last couple of weeks?
+
3. Now 2 (possible) deaths in NY.
=

Could it be possible, that it takes several days or a week or more until it suddenly changes from 'mild' to deadly?

If so, we could seriously be in trouble!

Especially because it takes time between infection and spreading the disease until you actually have 'flue-like symptoms. And I don't know how many other people are like me, who don't usually go to a doc because of a cold. Actually I have had no vaccinations since I was 3 and haven't been to the doc in at least 4 years... (Although I do get a cold 1-3 times a year).

This means:
1. This Virus could already be much further round the world then we think.
2. The deaths could start in the next couple of days, outside of Mexico.

Blessings,
Samuel
p.s. For once, please let my predictions be wrong!!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The state is awaiting tests results to determine whether six Nebraskans are sick with seasonal influenza or need further testing for the strain of swine flu

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Canada

Health officials confirm 13 cases of swine flu across Canada

Ontario's chief medical officer of health says four people in the province have mild cases of swine flu, the first cases for the province.

The Ontario cases, which all involve people who travelled to Mexico, put the nationwide total at 13.

There have been two cases of the swine flu in Alberta and four in Nova Scotia, all of them mild cases that didn't require hospitalization, and British Columbia has three cases.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
3. Now 2 (possible) deaths in NY.

source for this?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ew128
www.thestate.com...
2 in Newberry county SC, with 18 or so suspected. These kids came back from Cancun. They closed down the academy yesterday.

The bulk of outbreaks are from kids that were in Cancun on vacation. You would think there would be more cases coming out of the Yucatan. I guess it could be due to them flying out of Mexico City. If this is the case all these kids are catching this virus at the airport? Seems fishy.

Another point: It also seems that almost all of the kids that come back are infected. If this is the case it would seems that this strain of flu is considerably more virulent then the media is reporting.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

New York City ... HUNDREDS sick with swine flu. Some hospitalized.

Close the dang schools! What the hell is the matter with these people?
They are a week behind on this. They are only reacting AFTER people
get sick. Gotta get ahead of this.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Someone earlier said someone had died in the US from this while someone else said nothing had been confirmed...has anyone got a link with official announcement of this, I don't know if two different cases were being talked about or if there was a contradiction of info over one person, thanks.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by irishchic
www.time.com...

I am going to really have to be awful sick before I take this chit Tamiflu.

Also,it's said that Donald Rumsfeld (who gives me the willies) has huge interests in the company/drug.

No...way.

You go!
You tell them and Donald Rumsfeld to shove their Tamiflu up their arse!

[edit on 28-4-2009 by Kram09]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Tamiflu has been bought by 60 countries ready for an epidemic. Some like cheney have made millions from tamiflu, a company that he has shares in.

Maybe this will answer those who are asking about whether to take tamiflu or not.

Link www.commondreams.org...

respects

[edit on 28-4-2009 by captiva]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Update

VeratectNorway: Two Suspected Cases of Swine Influenza Being Tested in Trondheim. #swineflu
less than 10 seconds ago from web

VeratectIsrael, Tel-Aviv: Fourth Suspected Swine Influenza Case Registered Nationwide; On Flight With Confirmed Case #swineflu
less than a minute ago from web

~Keeper

new topics

top topics

<< 102  103  104    106  107  108 >>

join