It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montana Firearms Freedom Act would outlaw federal regulation!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Montana Firearms Freedom Act Would Outlaw Federal Regulation

HB 246

Section 4. Prohibitions. A personal firearm, a firearm accessory, or ammunition that is manufactured commercially or privately in Montana and that remains within the borders of Montana is not subject to federal law or federal regulation, including registration, under the authority of congress to regulate interstate commerce. It is declared by the legislature that those items have not traveled in interstate commerce.

Read this short bill HERE

It doesn't take 1000 pages to reaffirm freedom, It only takes 1000 pages to disguise oppression!

This bill basically says that a firearm or ammunition manufactured in Montana and that stays in Montana is EXEMPT FROM FEDERAL REGULATION!!

If registration laws were passed by the federal government or even in the event of a martial law confiscation, theses firearms would be exempted.

This has huge implications, and Montana is making a clear stand against federal oppression.

Lines are being drawn people. There are still many elected officials who believe in our constitutional freedom to protect ourselves from tyranny, and like so many of us, they too hear the footsteps of oppression closing in.

HELENA - Montana legislators are firing another shot in the battle for state's rights with a gun bill that could exempt rifles made and used in the state from federal background check and licensing requirements.
House Bill 246 passed its first vote solidly, with a 64-36 vote, and stands a good chance in the Republican-controlled Senate. Police associations aren't opposing the measure, but they are wondering when federal authorities are going to take a stand.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

ABC Montana

All of these reaffirmations of sovereignty lately and things like this. I wonder what they know that we aren't being told. The states are gearing up to oppose federal rule which I agree with, but why all at once and now?

Is this about the coming official announcement of the North American Union that was created in 2005? Or simply protection from registration or confiscation?

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Good. If Obama tries his BS, it will probably end in supreme court or if the supreme court rules into the favor of the feds... it's gonna be bad.

It will be interesting to see the least... if everybody here could send this bill to his own state legislature... like the tenth amendment resolutions.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I was glad this finaly passed. Being in Montana, it would suck to have the govt regulate the guns, realy make hunting season a pain.
I sent a email to the gov, and asked why stop there, sure according to the bill we can carry the fire arm if it has the "Made in Montana" stamp BUT what about ammo, reloading and other aspects. No responce yet. Seems like they got part of it, but missed the rest. Carrying a empty .06 wont do much good aginst a grizz unless you want to beat him with it.
Who knows, i'm just glad they got a start.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

BUT what about ammo, reloading and other aspects.

Dude, did you read the OP?

A personal firearm, a firearm accessory, or ammunition that is manufactured commercially or privately

The BILL makes it clear. Commercial or private (reloads) ammo is included.

This is a good bill. Very much affirming the rights granted us in the constitution, and reminding the federal government that the republic is made up of united states with a federal government in place for cohesion and not there to establish rule over the states.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
This is great news. I hope the rest of the states write and pass similar legislation. In fact, i believe i shall bring this to the attention of the political critters in my state. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, S&F.

TA

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
UPDATE!

For anyone still following this

Great news the great people of Montana has sent this bill to the governor for his signature. Made in Montana guns will NOT be regulated by the federal firearms laws while in Montana.
Montana House Bill 246
data.opi.mt.gov...

Ammo made in Montana is exempt also. The feds have also been intructed in this bill that the raw materials involved in making guns and ammo are exempt from Interstate commerce clause.

Source

Which He Did!

Gov. Brian Schweitzer has signed into law a bill that aims to exempt Montana-made guns from federal regulation, adding firepower to a battery of legislative efforts to assert states’ rights across the nation.

“It’s a gun bill, but it’s another way of demonstrating the sovereignty of the state of Montana,” Democrat Schweitzer said.

MORE...

Along with the gun bill, Montana legislators are considering a resolution that affirms the 10th Amendment principle that the federal government only has those powers that are specifically given to it by the U.S. Constitution.

“The whole goal is to awaken the people so that we can return to a properly grounded republic,” Rep. Michael More, R-Gallatin Gateway and the Montana resolution’s sponsor, said at a House committee hearing Wednesday.

As many as fifteen other Legislatures have also been mulling resolutions that buck federal control in states such as New Hampshire, South Carolina, Missouri and Oklahoma.

“The balance has swung far to the extreme to the empowerment of the federal government, and to the harm of the individual states,” More said.

Source

Finally I can report some government action with pride

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
HOOOORAY!! Man I love Montana. The two things that bothered me there were the Grizzly Bears and the darned cold. I say good on you people of Montana. Arizona wake up and pay attention!!!

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
you get use to the cold, the bears are actualy great to watch, well ok when you are not camping and one decides to open your camper door and check you out. *lol* had that a few years ago.

Now the only problem is other than specialty high end guns, there are none made here. but im betting that will soon change.
Id hate to think i would have to buy a new hunting rifle, takes a while to get to know one, butt if it came down to it i would.
hhmmm wonder if a person could stamp the gun they already have. *lol*

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienChaser

excellent! The Constitution is reaffirmed [well, the Second Amendment] in Montana.

My father and his wife live near Three Forks. I guess I can advise him it's safe to come down from the mountains now go back to his house.

Good thing he carried his cell phone.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Missouri's has been pre-filed for the 2010 session!

top topics

join