It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need a good read.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Currently I'm not in the middle of any book. I'm looking to get into a new one though and have a 5 hour trip to west virginia and I have to come back as well so it seems like a perfect oppurtunity to me.

I'm looking for some suggestions on what to pick up to read.

I enjoy Science Fiction, Fantasy, Conspiracy Theories, Zecharia Sitchin, Lovecraft, H.G. Wells, Richard Matehson, Whitley Streiber's the greys (what I read last time), David Icke ( I know I know. I enjoy the read), Serial Killers. If its fiction I prefer it to be really unreal. However if it's non-fiction I like stuff you would never believe happend. Serial Killers for example. I'm not too picky as long as its real crazy.

I've never read any books on drugs but I'm always interested in drug and addiction stories. Such as that one book about the meth addict. I can't remeber the name but it had like broken up coc aine or meth on the cover spelling out the name.

People who act crazy without drugs are good reads for me too. Autobiographies. I just want something crazy, messed up, heck even disgusting.

Since my serial killer encyclopedia freshmen year and david icke's tales from the time loop last year I'm craving something new.

I hope that helped give you guys an idea of a good suggestion for me. I leave this coming thursday at 6 am.

I've also read Sable by Mike Grell and really enjoy violent books.

However I'm really looking forward to a new conspiracy book.

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated comrades. Thanks for your time.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
May I suggest the cat in the hat by Dr Suess or the classic books with the characters, dick, jane, nip and fluff?

If that fails to be not scary enough for you, you should check online for some books on Aussie crimes. There are some really interesting ones out there

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Aussie crimes? Like what?

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by NecroCombine666
Aussie crimes? Like what?

Like the Walsh street murders, the backpacker murders (Ivan Milat), there's a bucket load of them, just google aussie crimes

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
i didn't find any books about them?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
If you want a trippy book with a strong drug theme try Tarot by Piers Anthony.I read it a couple of times as a young teen.I would like to read it again one day and see if i would still enjoy it

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by NecroCombine666
I've never read any books on drugs but I'm always interested in drug and addiction stories. Such as that one book about the meth addict. I can't remeber the name but it had like broken up coc aine or meth on the cover spelling out the name.

You may be talking about "A Million Little Pieces"
James Frye later admitted that the book was less memoir and more fiction.
Some guys even wrote a parody of his book because they thought he was such a fraud.
Find them both here

May I suggest a classic such as "East of Eden"
My personal favorite.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
You might try "The Alienist" by Caleb Carr.

Murder, insanity, historical fiction at its best.

Well written. Good read.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
if you like scifi, i'd read the foundation series by asimove (which ties in with like a bzillion books he wrote), or Beyond/Against the fall of night by arthur c.clarke/gregory benford.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I don't know about any drug related books but here are a few that I've read and love. Dark mission secret history of NASA, The day after Roswell, and last but not least Behold a pale horse.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

Behold a Pale Horse is what got me into Conspiracy Theory. I bought and read it as a freshman in highschool, I'm 28 now. I go back to it every now and then. I still wonder why the FBI and Sherrifs office killed him. What it was that he got right, or what he was about to expose.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by becomingaware]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by becomingaware

OOOhhh so that's what towlie was about in that episode. Southpark did a parody of this as well.

new topics

top topics

join