It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UK Ministry of Defense replies on the subject of chemtrails....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Ministry of Defence Safety, Sustainable Development and Continuity Division
SSDCD
6th Floor Zone D.23
Main Building
Whitehall
LONDON SW1A 2HB
Tel: 0207 218 8328
MOD (9621) 83228 MB
Fax: 0207 218 1413
MOD (9621) 81413 MB
DII:
Email: DBR-SSDC-Safety Enquires(multiuser)@mod.uk
E-mail dated 05 April 2009
Our reference
FOI: 07-04-2009-094722-003J
Date
21 April 2009

CHEMTRAILS

1. Thank you for your email of 5 April 2009 to the MOD Feedback on the MOD website. I am replying as this division has responsibility for safety and environmental policy. You requested information on any research, information and reports of the theory of ‘chemtrails’. This has been considered as a request for information in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA).

2. First let me try and put the issue into perspective, weblogs and other commentators sometimes refer to the vapour trails left by aircraft as ‘chemtrails’. These vapour trails should more correctly be termed condensation trails or ‘contrails’ and are formed by the water vapour from the engines of jet aircraft flying at high altitudes. To our knowledge, the only research on aircraft emissions undertaken by the Ministry of Defence was carried by the Met Office which was on the effect of aircraft emissions on the climate. The outcome of this research was published in an IPPC report called “Aviation and the Global Atmosphere 1999” (Available from Cambridge University Press). We are not aware of any further research conducted by or on the behalf of the Ministry of Defence.

3. Contrails can remain in the sky for a long time under certain atmospheric conditions. Varying wind speeds in the upper atmosphere will cause the trials to spread out into the ‘fine cloud’ observed, making the sky appear white rather than its usual blue colour. The main pollutants from jet engines remain in the gaseous phase and are invisible to the eye. There are many natural phenomena associated with the presence of water in the atmosphere which may produce optical effects involving the dispersion of white light into its component colours. It is most likely that the increase in contrails is due to an increase in commercial airline traffic; National Statistics show that in the ten years 1992 to 2002 commercial air traffic between UK and overseas increased from circa 880000 aircraft to circa 1275000 aircraft, this is approximately a 40% increase in air traffic movements and numbers have continued to increase since these figures were produced.

4. If you are not satisfied with this response or you wish to complain about any aspect of the handling of your request, then you should contact me in the first instance. If informal resolution is not possible and you are still dissatisfied then you may apply for an independent internal review by contacting the Head of Corporate Information, 6th Floor, MOD Main Building, Whitehall, SW1A 2HB (e-mail [email protected]). Please note that any request for an internal review must be made within 40 working days of the date on which the attempt to reach informal resolution has come to an end.

5. If you remain dissatisfied following an internal review, you may take your complaint to the Information Commissioner under the provisions of Section 50 of the Freedom of Information Act. Please note that the Information Commissioner will not investigate your case until the MOD internal review process has been completed. Further details of the role and powers of the Information Commissioner can be found on the Commissioner's website, www.ico.gov.uk....

6. I hope that this information is useful

Yours sincerely
Peter Hillman
Assistant Head SSDCD-Safety Policy and Assurance
END OF EMAIL

UK Military Denial at its best........

Facebook story:-
www.facebook.com...#/profile.php?id=1097051144&v=app_2347471856&viewas=1097051144

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by infowarrior uk

What do you mean military denial at its best? Your mind was made up before you even sent the email, how biased are you...

And the explanation given to you was the same one that the millions of us meteorologists and also pilots wouldve given you if you had asked us. But of course all meteorologists and commercial pilots in the world must be part of the government conspiracy....because that plausible

This threads a waste of space, you just take an email and claim its a goverment conspiracy because someone gives a scientific explanation, yet provide no conflicting evidence of your own

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I'm not saying I think chemtrails are real, I have my suspicions, and will make my mind up when I have all the facts from all sources.

The letter does however bring up a point which is valid, why do the trails look the way they do? the letter states that everything but the water vapour is exhausted in gaseous form and so is invisible, now I read an article a long time ago, about how Crop Dusters add ingredients to their chemicals to make them visible, make it easier to see where they have sprayed, obviously that wouldn't be true for all chemicals used in Crop Dusting, my point is, they obviously have the technology to make the chemicals Gaseous, therefore making them invisible, so why are they being made highly Visible? and designed to spread like they do?

Does that not point to hiding something rather than poisoning?

A valid point, take it for what it's worth.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin
The letter does however bring up a point which is valid, why do the trails look the way they do? the letter states that everything but the water vapour is exhausted in gaseous form and so is invisible,

Water vapour is invisible, until its thrust into an environment where it is so cold, that is quickly sublimates to ice, straight from a gasseous form, skipping the liquid phase. Thats essentially what contrails are...ice, that is why that they are also known as man made cirrus clouds in the meteorological world (cirrus are the high level clouds which are comprised of ice)

Its simple chemistry all one needs to do is investigate sublimation

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Originally posted by infowarrior uk

What do you mean military denial at its best? Your mind was made up before you even sent the email, how biased are you...

And the explanation given to you was the same one that the millions of us meteorologists and also pilots wouldve given you if you had asked us. But of course all meteorologists and commercial pilots in the world must be part of the government conspiracy....because that plausible

This threads a waste of space, you just take an email and claim its a goverment conspiracy because someone gives a scientific explanation, yet provide no conflicting evidence of your own

I know whats above my head in a criss cross pattern that only comes and goes every few weeks, is not a flight path pattern with contrails left over. It is a planned act of spraying an area completely covering the sky with a mist, that stays for hours.
I have confirmed with other FB users in my area the same phenomena and they report the trails are not normal contrails.
It doesn't take a genius to research this field, nor does it need someone trolling the forums, which you made probably made your mind up before you even started reading the thread.
My post is simply a report I report I believe to be true.

new topics

top topics

join