It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Gutter Talk Complaint Awaits Review At FCC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
'Filthy behavior' of Anderson Cooper targeted

The Federal Communications Commission will review complaints it receives over the on-camera gutter talk of anchors for CNN and MSNBC that came as they condemned the tea party movement in which hundreds of thousands of Americans met on Tax Day to protest not just taxes but a runaway government digging the nation into trillions of dollars in debt.

WND reported earlier on a series of vile comments from CNN's Anderson Cooper, who made repeated "teabagging" references, and MSNBC's David Shuster, who said, "Teabagging day for the right wing and they are going nuts for it."

Apparently one lady's young child called another a 'teabagger' at school and was punished and almost expelled," the reader told WND.

"I thought CNN was supposed to be a G-rated channel and programming station. After hearing them talking about teabagging, and all the sexual slurs, lewd comments and clearly sexual innuendos, I feel they should be moved to adult programming," the reader said.

Anderson Cooper and his friends have been hiding behind the double entendre, finally somebody is taking them to task.

I started a thread on ATS and submitted a similar complaint about this siting extreme T & C violation of members posting this "T" word, but it was quickly moved to the complaint area and I was told it will be under review.

Maybe now that the FCC may get involved something can be done about how people here use this word.

Regarding Cooper's closing comment, how would he know?

article here

[edit on 25-4-2009 by Alxandro]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
How did our whole country lower itself to being children ratting each other out for peeing on the playground? I support the Tea Parties. I dont like the way CNN and MSNBC tried to discredit them as just a tool of Fox News and the republicans. But to drag them before the FCC for some crude jokes is just as ridiculous. Moooommmmmyyyyyyy, Billy just peed on the tree.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I understand exactly what you are saying and I completely agree with you because this is borderline PC. I don't know the answer to your question but all I can say is that perhaps it's time to fight fire with fire and ask yourself, what would a liberal do?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
If teaba**ing is such a bad word then why are we allowed to say it on ATS? How nuts is that? I thought ATS was a G rated site! OMG ATS should come under fire for all the people here who made obvious sexual slurs regarding that word!!

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
It's useless to try to discuss decorum here, because that always rapidly descends into a battle of free speech vs 'Oh grow up' vs decorum back and forth banter.

We all know what NBC and CNN were trying to do - to belittle the protestors and their efforts. They don't want to see this grow into a bigger movement. They are running scared.

[edit on 26-4-2009 by jsobecky]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
To me it ranks up there with the nappy headed ho comment. There really is no difference? We have one set of rules for someone who insults a single race of people who play basketball but another for someone who insults a group of people of all colors protesting?

That "gay news guy" can't have it both ways and we know the context he used it in. He is openly Queer and I have no doubt he has very intimate knowledge of what tea bagging is... It was a sick comment and he should be suspended for it.

He will get away with it though. Just as people have demonstrated here it is "nit picking" when the left does it but when the right does it the sky is falling.. What a joke of a species the left have become.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
How did our whole country lower itself to being children ratting each other out for peeing on the playground? I support the Tea Parties. I dont like the way CNN and MSNBC tried to discredit them as just a tool of Fox News and the republicans. But to drag them before the FCC for some crude jokes is just as ridiculous. Moooommmmmyyyyyyy, Billy just peed on the tree.

Ya, kind of like Imus huh?

2nd line...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

The funniest part is that Anderson Cooper is gay. Thus, the most hilarious point of this entire thing, is the fact that he's the only one being tea bagged.

Learn more about the media that dictates your life, and your society:

Biggest disinfo ring in the world

Mainstream Media - How we are all being bent over

Google Video Link

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I support the teabaggers, and yes the taglines were, umm not G rated. But, honestly, when all the preparations were being made the thought never ever crossed anyone's mind as to what teabagging is slang for? Really?!

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I think it's funny.

For Cooper, CIA trained, Vanderbilt fortune heir, to be chuckling about the concept of "teabagging" on world-wide live television, while other gigantic issues are taking place behind the curtains...
... and then to have the news and internet ablaze with chatter ABOUT that, INSTEAD of said gigantic issues...

is hilarious.

primarily because posts like this are talking about it.

-

new topics

top topics

join