It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11:11 and digital clocks.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Point on thread searching: try using Google Toolbar and its search site function. Works every time.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   
when I was at school , I always remember my maths teacher explaining the decimal system and saying that we use ten numbers because we have ten fingers (I assume this is true) you count up to nine in units and when you reach ten you carry one over to the next column (tens column). If you were an alien that had only two fingers on each hand then you would only have four fingers to work with and therefore it would make sence to only name four numbers, 012and3 you would count up to 3 in the units column and then carry one number over to the next column , therefore to this four fingered alien, what we would write as the number four would be seen as 10 and five would be 11.
If you were a two tenticled alien, then you would just use 2 digits, 0 and 1 , or binery.
I hope I've explained that ok .
maths lesson over.

so basically, what I was saying originally is , that we don't have that many digits to work with, so patterns like 11.11 will often crop up.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
pantha, nice post. I remember helping my dad in the
back shed and every time he asked me for a
9/16th socket, i gave him a 14mm. I never got busted.
S.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
There was a long time when I was younger when it seemed that I only looked at the clock at the top of the hour. Strange.

DC

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
You guys gave me the best answers, yet.
If 1111 is 15
What 11:11 system would be/other than time?

Peace
lena

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by pantha
when I was at school , I always remember my maths teacher explaining the decimal system and saying that we use ten numbers because we have ten fingers (I assume this is true)
So then I guess I can assume that the reason America refuses to use the metric system like the rest of the world is actually because our government is run by a race of sixteen fingered aliens. OHGOD... I feel a new thread coming on!!!

DC

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   
11:11: Meaningful Coincidence? Or New Age hysteria?
By John Victor Ramses
Copyright 1999 Merlin Publications/Golden Age Magazine

"Please! Can someone tell me what 11:11 means? It's been following me around for weeks now. I see it everywhere and I know it means
something!"
So began a particular post circulating on an Internet mailing list in early 1997. The query was from a young mother in Perth, Australia, who had suddenly began seeing the number 11:11 on clocks, microwaves and
license plates, and whose appearance manifested to her via uncanny
synchronous events which she intuitively knew to be more than coincidence. She had never experienced such a thing in her life and was beginning to wonder if she might be going crazy. Frustrated, and certain
this enigmatic number was trying to convey a message to her, she searched the Internet for answers, at last submitting a desperate plea to the world for insight.

Although this 27 year-old mother of two children felt alone in her experience, she was soon to learn that she is only one among thousands world-wide who share the same enigma in their lives. For each of these people who experiences this phenomenon, the comments are always the same: "I know it's not coincidence. It's trying to tell me something, I can feel it!" Often times, though, they are forced to keep the experience to themselves after being ridiculed by friends and family
around them who have not yet experienced this event.

Read the rest of this article here:
www.anomalousreality.com...

[Edited on 4-26-2004 by Preest]

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Woow, I read this thread earlier on the day and I agreed with it. A lot of times when I look at the time it happens to be "11:11"

I rarely look at the watch and alot of times it happens. Like It just happend now. I was about to go outside to get some snacks and I look at the time and it's "11:11"

Hmmmm....

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 05:34 AM
link   
11:11 is linked to the cyclical conciousness ascension of this planet, scheduled for December 21st, 2012, at 11:11 Universal Time, which is also the exact beginning of the 2012 solstice, even 11:11. (The Mayan calendar is a useful guide and learning tool here)

See Navy website to confirm
aa.usno.navy.mil...

I personally see 9:11, 1:11, and 11:11, and I was a former non-believer in this phenomenon. It's not just a coincidence!

As for 9:11, I take it as a reminder to prepare for the times that lay ahead.

[Edited on 30-4-2004 by CosmicWorker]

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by LENA
Hi, Is anyone seeing 11 to often, like 11:11, and/or other strange digital numbers combinations?

Peace
Lena

Hi there,
For years now I 've been seeing same digits on not just clocks. For instance I can see in just one day for quite a few times something like 7:07,9:09,...13:13....21:21... and sometimes it just goes in a rew, like every hour... my friend called it a 'time bug' and thought it was scarry ... I commented that I need a patch

However, if anyone has a clue to this mystery it'd be great.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Patterns, it's all patterns.

Myself I always notice the hours: 13:37, 09:11, 1:11.

niv

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
The first time I looked at a digital clock after reading this thread, it said 11:11. Kinda creepy...

[edit on 10-12-2004 by niv]

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ranger
Something similar happens tome all the time. I don't see 11:11 as much but more 9:11, I've been noticing 9:11 a lot for several years. what does it mean????

Same thing here. I've been seeing 9:11 on the clock almost every day it seems. Maybe it's just that that number stands out more than others, but I swear I see it more and more. Weird!

Peace

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I think it's just pattern recognition. for me, it used to be 12:34.
I think a similar interesting pattern recognition phenomenon is
the observation that numerals on a face clock have to follow
a sequence that leads to an interesting numerical/geometric
phenomenon, which is that all the numbers opposite each
other equal 12, i.e. 11+1=12, 10+2=12 9+3=12 ,etc. culminating
in 6 at the opposite end, half of 12. I know it's obvious, but it struck
me as beautiful when I first observed it. The fractional and percentage
relationships between the opposite numbers is also of interest.
It seems to me that if anything, We become aware of thse patterns
the way we do in a brief flash of recogniton of structures inherent in nature.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
11:11 and 3:33 use to be significant for me growing up - no clue as to why. But 3:30 am is still a time of ??? for me. Always has been.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Woah, freeky indeed. After looking at this thread, I turned around to look at the clock and it pointed 11:11

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   

[edit on 15-12-2004 by Kriskaos]

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
here are some more dates with 11:11
Nelson Mandela released - 11th February 1990
First telephone call by Alexander G. Bell - 11th March 1876
US Civil War began - 11th April 1861-12th April 1861
Boer War began - October 11th 1899
Lourdes vision seen - 11th February 1858
The Bali bombing and how they occurred 1 year, 1 month, and 1 day after the September 11th attacks
Her Majesty Queen Elisabeth 2 always has her emblem written like this E11R
*The date of the attack: 9/11 - 9 + 1 + 1 = 11
*September 11th is the 254th day of the year: 2+5+4 = 11
*After September 11th there are 111 days left to the end of the year.
*Crucifixion-11 Letters
*Twin Towers - standing side by side, looks like the number 11
*The first plane to hit the towers was Flight 11 by American Airlines or AA -> A=1st letter in alphabet so we have 11:11
* Mohamed Atta- 11 letters (the pilot that crashed into the World Trade Center)
*Ramzi Yousef- orchestrated the attack on the World Trade Center in 1993)
*Skyscrapers- 11 letters
*State of New York - The 11 State added to the Union
*New York City - 11 Letters
*The USS Enterprise is in the gulf during the attack its states ship number is 65N +5=11 passenger jet over the Black Sea.
*Tuesday Sept is 11 letters
*British Army
*Paratroopers
*Nuclear Bomb
*The Civil War
*Afghanistan lives it in its territory.
*Hudson River
*Empire State is now the tallest building in New York.
*Nationalism is stronger now in the United States.
*Armed Forces
*War on terror
*56 years have passed since the end of world war two 5+6 =11
*World war one = 11 letters,
*World war two = 11 letters
*World war III = 11 letters
*War Declared.
*Sept. 11th is the 254th day of the year: 2+5+4=11
*After Sept. 11th - 111 days to the end of the year
*American Airlines AA = 11
*New York City emergency is 911
*Armed Forces
*The first tower collapsed in eleven seconds.
*Encarta World Atlas says that New York City and the World Trade Centre fall exactly on 74 degrees west, 7+4 = 11
*Flight #11 - 2 pilots + 9 attendants = 11 in the crew
*Flight #175 - 65 on board - 6+5=11
*Construction of the Pentagon began (the ground breaking ceremony) September 11th, 1941
*The World Trade Center was built from 1966 to 1977 ... taking 11 years.
*War Declared is eleven letters
*Remembrance day is November 11....
*World War one officially ended at 11.11
*11 ships were involved in search operations at the crash area of the Russian *Afghanistan - 11 Letters
*The Pentagon - 11 Letters
*Flight 11 - 92 on board - 9 + 2 = 11
*Flight 77 - 65 on board - 6 + 5 = 11
*The # of storeys is 110 (2x) 110 - 110 11:11
*November is also the 11th month
*Skyscrapers, = 11

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by VirusClock
Woah, freeky indeed. After looking at this thread, I turned around to look at the clock and it pointed 11:11

LOL! When I opened the first thread, a few mints ago it was problay 11:11. It's 11:16 now that I've fiddled around for a few. LOL!

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Alot of this is just the mind recognizing that something is a little weird about the numbers but I'll share a story, I am doing finals this week and have been reading here in my spare time I read some old threads about 11:11 being significant but couldn't remember why.. Regardless I have been praying lots (Finals) and after my exam that I felt I did terrible on I pulled out my phone and low and behold it was at 11:11. So I got to thinking and I also went to bed the night before after I shut my door I turned and saw 11:11. Not that the numbers mean anything special for me but I rememberd it's significance maybe it meant to tell me something who knows.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join