It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conspiracy to keep people fat and unhealthy?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Sorry buts its fat lazy arsed people who keep themselves fat. Keeping active, exercising more as well as a good diet is whats needed. You can still eat meat and be healthy.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
MSG is in pretty much every processed food and it is linked to obesity (and a long list of other health problems). Your best bet is to eat non-processed foods only. I get headaches when I consume MSG and everytime I eat a processed food (in a restaurant or at someone else's home), I get headaches (and RLS and mild depression).

Some may refuse to believe it but the mainstream food supply is toxic. It may not kill you or put you in the hospital immediately but eventually it will. It's a good way for the medical and pharmaceutical industries to get your money before you die. I guess in this day and age, killing people slowly is an acceptable form of genocide.

Here are some articles:

The link between monosodium glutamate (MSG) and obesity

But how does MSG cause obesity? Like aspartame, MSG is an excitotoxin, a substance that overexcites neurons to the point of cell damage and, eventually, cell death. Humans lack a blood-brain barrier in the hypothalamus, which allows excitotoxins to enter the brain and cause damage, according to Dr. Russell L. Blaylock in his book Excitotoxins. According to animal studies, MSG creates a lesion in the hypothalamus that correlates with abnormal development, including obesity, short stature and sexual reproduction problems.

Based on this evidence, Dr. Blaylock makes an interesting point about the American obesity epidemic, especially among young people: "One can only wonder if the large number of people having difficulty with obesity in the United States is related to early exposure to food additive excitotoxins, since this obesity is one of the most consistent features of the syndrome. One characteristic of the obesity induced by excitotoxins is that it doesn't appear to depend on food intake. This could explain why some people cannot diet away their obesity." As an increasing number of elementary school students bring snack-size bags of chips to school in their lunch boxes, the MSG-obesity link demands parental caution.

More articles:

The Flavor Enhancer MSG Linked to Weight Gain, Obesity

Consuming Common Food Additive MSG Increases Risk of Weight Gain

MSG may be Making Us Fat and Addicted

Interview with Dr. Russell Blaylock on devastating health effects of MSG, aspartame and excitotoxins

[edit on 25-4-2009 by annestacey]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Well if you realize all the foods we buy from supermarkets are unhealthy, addicting, fattening, immune killing, foreign, pesticide covered, hormonally and genetically grown, and poisoning then i guess it's time to become self sufficient like we always should of been.

This is the deception here guys. Trash the world, create a cancerous world wide society and then destroy it and have someone come in as the savior to all the problems and 'fix' them. What YOU need to know is only you can change this world by first understanding and loving your true inner self. We cannot fix the world around us and its cancer until we ourselves realize we are also apart of this cancer and we know we can love ourselves first and foremost. If anyone comes along telling you only "I" can fix these problems. You are being lied to and deceived through and through. Remember this. The kingdom of 'heaven' is inside of you, waiting to be unleashed, and is not material. Only you, the self, can find it inside yourself. No one can show you anything but the door. This goes for everyone. Religious or not.

We have to realize we are and were born into this corrupted world and it isn't our faults for not understanding. We are told from a young age to follow what we are told. By parents, then teachers, then police and so on. It takes a person willing to suffer and realize he or she needs to suffer and accept it to overcome such obstacles. I hate to go so off topic but i care too much to realize such things and watch people blindlessly move by without a conscious. WE have infinite potential but we are programmed to identify with our surroundings and not our true inner self thus limiting ourselves to our outside world. The reason why we suffer so much is because we are running from our inner demons and not facing them to move forward.

and i'll leave you guys thinking with some quotes i feel if understood can cause a light to open up inside of you.

"Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves. "

"When a person is manipulated to identify himself with a certain identity, unconsciously he starts to think and act in accord with that identity that he was manipulated to identify with."

"It is perfectly possible for a man to be out of prison, and yet not free -
to be under no physical constraint and yet to be a psychological captive,
compelled to think, feel and act as the representatives of the national
state, or of some private interest within the nation, wants him to think,
feel and act.

The nature of psychological compulsion is such that those who act under
constraint remain under the impression that they are acting on their own
initiative. The victim of mind-manipulation does not know that he is a
victim. To him the walls of his prison are invisible, and he believes
himself to be free. That he is not free is apparent only to other people.
His servitude is strictly objective."

"love is all you need"

"Forgive them, Father, for they know not what they do"

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
When one works fulltime,and gets home from work late, to tired to make a healthy meal from scratch,the easy option is to reach for convenience foods!
Perhaps if the governments had introduced tougher food standards many years ago,there wouldnt be an obesity problem!
When i was younger,the only junkfood we were allowed was something from the chippy once a week!
Now,everywhere you look,there is a goddamned Mcdonalds,Burgerking,or KFC.
We now get burgers in buns,that you can simply put in the micro,for a minute,and SHAZAAM! a hot and tasty snack!
The damn things don't go beyond the" best before date" for a whole month .What the hell is that about!!
No.The PTB have been more than happy to sit back and rake in the tax money from these so called food companies,but now they are having to worry about increased healthcare costs to tackle obesity!
It seems to me that we should have ordinary people in charge of the country,as these idiots with their privileged upbringings,have absolutely no idea what real life is like at all!!

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapunzel222
if we dont NEED to eat meat to be healthy, what justification do we have for killing so many animals?

Some people love the taste of DEATH, flesh and blood. Vampires I call them carnivorous. I can tell you first hand that you do not need to eat other life forms in order to exist. In fact, avoiding this sin, the consumption of other creatures, will make you healthy. And, it will go a long way karmically too if you avoid eating DEATH. Also, you can avoid natures wrath, prions, cancer, cholesterol, and things like swine and avian flu, and more, by giving up this horrible blood thirsty lifestyle of being a vampire. Convert, vampires, convert .. give up eating DEATH and you WILL feel a lot better about yourselves, physically, mentally, and morally.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Most people have heard the statement, "You are what you eat". When I would tell people I am trying to be a vegetarian, most people would reply, "good for you". Intrinsically, most people understand that eating more fresh green vegetables and fruits are good for you, but society has made it too simple and "upfront" financially easy to purchase canned goods, fast food, and the sort. What I mean by upfront is, that people don't understand that these cheap processed foods, will keep you alive and survive for some time, but eventually your body says "enough", and now there is a dis-ease to deal with. Then its time to spend lots of time and money at the doctors office and fatten up big pharma's pockets.

I have personally cut out all red meats from my diet, and replaced it with green smoothies made from fresh organic fruits and vegetables, and now have energy all day long. The only meats I eat are chicken and fish maybe twice a week, and I plan on eventually cutting this out from my diet entirely. Why, you might say? Well, because cooking chicken creates an incredible amount of acrylamides, which has been "proven" to damage the immune system, nervous system, the reproductive system, and is very likely carcinogenic.

To whoever said that GM foods are going to save us from starving, your statement is so far from the truth, I shouldn't even acknowledge it. But I have to, so that people aren't led to believe false nonsense like you do. First off, over 100,000 cows are slaughtered in the US daily. 21 million chickens are slaughtered in the US daily. I can't find a statistic for pigs, but I'm sure you get the picture already. A typical cow eats nearly 150 pounds of fresh grass, or if its dry, then its about 25 pounds of grass daily. Now picture how much land it takes to feed just one cow, then picture 100,000 cows, then 36.5 million cows a year. Now think about all the chickens, and pigs. Now think about all the food we could grow for ourselves on this land. Whats this global starvation you were talking about again?

[edit on 25-4-2009 by Rigel 3]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I think this may be a conspiracy, without even meaning to be. Corporations are always just chasing the buck. There are products out there that taste delicious but have no health value at all, but are they actively trying to keep us fat and unmotivated? I don't think so, I think that is just a byproduct of what these corporations sell.

I used to live near a meat manufacturing plant as well. The stench was bad. The cattle knew what was going on, too. There were actually some studies done at this plant, which concluded that the livestock sense their impending deaths, because they're instincts pick up on the deaths of fellow bovine in the area. They ended up totally reconstructing the pens so that the cattle were continuously trotting in circles until it was their time... A little more humane I guess.

I don't know if this has been said yet, but soy products are excellent substitutions for dairy.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus

if we dont NEED to eat meat to be healthy, what justification do we have for killing so many animals?

Some people love the taste of DEATH, flesh and blood. Vampires I call them carnivorous. I can tell you first hand that you do not need to eat other life forms in order to exist. In fact, avoiding this sin, the consumption of other creatures, will make you healthy. And, it will go a long way karmically too if you avoid eating DEATH. Also, you can avoid natures wrath, prions, cancer, cholesterol, and things like swine and avian flu, and more, by giving up this horrible blood thirsty lifestyle of being a vampire. Convert, vampires, convert .. give up eating DEATH and you WILL feel a lot better about yourselves, physically, mentally, and morally.

You don't need to feed of other lifeforms? Well, if people don't need to eat either animals nor vegetables, then what are they supposed to eat, exactly?

Living on "light" like that Jamusheen is preaching, maybe?

In addition, it is interesting that one of the most healthy people on Earth are the Eskimoes, despite eating alot of meat, fats and eggs with sugar sprinkled upon.

Speaking of "Vampires"; The Maasais do not kill their prey, as they only tap the animal on the desired amount of blood that is wanted for consumption, and then patch it up and set it free again.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by Nightchild]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

and ignorant about how really to lose weight and be healthy?

they say eat lots of fruit and vegetables. thats true. (and grains, nuts, seeds, beans etc), but they omit to say: DONT eat dairy, DONT eat sugar and DONT eat meat. (except i guess for eggs or if ur determined to eat meat - fish). The dairy bit is absolutely critical. so is the meat, really. read the china study by dr campbell if your interested in the reasons why. he is a scientists and has done lots of studies on rats; and large scale population studies. (there are a few big industries like dairy/meat etc that dont like his work much). the links between casein (protein found in milk) and lots of diseases - like cancer - are pretty enlightening.

No meat? Though red meat isn't the best for you, it's been proven in practice over and over that a vegan diet is not sufficient without supplementation.

Though I agree that the Dairy industry has been poisoned thanks to Monsanto, I don't agree that no meat is the way to go. Humans need high quality protein in their diet, white chicken meat and eggs are high quality protein.

also, obviously dont drink coke, soft drink, anything with aspartame in it like equal; caffeine (coffee) - green /herbal tea is ok.
make sure get enough protein by beans/chickpeas/lentils/corn etc.

its a bit hard to start out ; and its i guess, not as fun as kfc, but the info should at least be made public so people can make their own choices as to whether they want to be healthy and lose weight or not. follow that diet and you'll lose weight all right; it will fall off you. even w/o exercise. also u probably wont get heart disease or cancer or diabetes - or will cure yourself of them if you have.

Refined sugar and artificial sweeteners are a no brainer, but you've missed MSG. MSG is used in practically all the manufactured food that we buy at the grocery store (read the label Monosodium Glutamate). Again the typical amino acid profiles of those vegetable alternatives is not enough, and nothing is wrong with chicken.

people need to be getting all minerals too; often iodine deficient (seaweed); magnesium deficient (green vegies); selenium deficient (nuts - brazil nuts); calcium - figs/bread; vit d - sunlight - 15 mins a day; enzymes - q 10 - flaxseed oil etc etc. essential sugars/proteins. chinese herbs are a good way of getting your minerals u may be lacking and fixing any health probs too. mushrooms often found in the herbal combos can cure lots of th ings.

Everyone, whether conscious of weight/health or not, should be consuming a multivitamin. As I said, our manufactured food is very deficient in vitamins so anyone regardless of who they are should be taking a multivitamin.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Its a conspiracy. I was sitting on my couch watching tv the other day and the government burst into the house with 2 pizza, a couple of steak hoagies, french fries, and a couple of extra large chocolate shakes. Then they proceeded to force it down my throat. It was great,uh I mean terrible.

Its not just the US government its the Chinese too. This Chinese guy came to my house with all kinds of food and forced them down my throat as well.

Has this happened to anyone else? Could this be proof of the NWO?

[edit on 25-4-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
All I've got to say is, that you had better not let them find out about these guys:

ATS Thread

Fatties cause global warming

www.thesun.co.uk

THE rising number of fat people was yesterday blamed for global warming.

If they ever do, it will be a civil war the likes mankind hasn't seen since MacDonalds versus Burger King.

AB1

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by shabdiz
About the animal thing, tough luck for them, yes I do think they need to be treated better, but I don't think a lion treats it's prey all to well either.

If a lion mass-produced its prey and kept them locked in cages until killing time, you might have a point.

I eat dairy products and, on rare occasions, meat. I also acknowledge the cruelty that goes into producing these things. You (and others, understandably) are being disingenuous.

[edit on 25/4/09 by paperplanes]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by scobro
When one works fulltime,and gets home from work late, to tired to make a healthy meal from scratch,the easy option is to reach for convenience foods!

So, you are saying people are lazy? I completely agree! What prevents you from preparing a few meals on your days off to put into the freezer?

What prevents you from grabbing a can of raw almonds for a snack instead of a bag of chips?

What prevents you from doing anything healthy? It's easy for you to blame fast food restaurants, and the like, but it is YOU who has decided you are to busy to eat a healthy meal, and YOU who gives in to buying crap to eat.

How hard is it to make up a salad? 15 minutes? Anyone who says going through the drive up line at a fast food restaurant saves them time over making a simple salad, is a lazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzy person!

edit to add:

Quite possibly you have no energy after working to make a salad, because you eat crap food! Quite a cycle! Some of you will figure it out!

[edit on 25-4-2009 by Blanca Rose]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
You can't blame the government for people being fat and lazy. People are going to be fat and lazy no matter what information they have. They only have themselves to blame. People don't want to excercise or exert any energy that's not needed. How many times have you seen a huge line for the drive thru at McDonalds even though there's no line inside. People don't eat a huge cheeseburger and fries thinking that it's healthy for them. They know what they're eating, just like I know smoking my cigs are unhealthy but I knowingly choose to anyways. In today's world (at least the u.s.) people look for an excuse for anything like they don't have time to cook at home to explain why they eat out everyday or they dont' have time or money to join a gym but watch 4 hours of tv a day. The easy fix is to make a sandwhich the night before work and going for a walk is one of the few free things in today's world. The problem is that "they" keep makeing excuses for obese people like thyroid disorder or decrease in metabolism even though I personally know people with thyroid disorder who are in better condition to me, they just have to work a little harder, and it's been shown that one of the main cause of decrease in metabolism is lack of exercise and all that's needed to increase it is start exerciseing more. They're then given special treatment and were made to feel bad for them and accept them while the people who wake up early to work out and eat right are mocked and called health nuts. Think about how often you hear fat people talk bad and act angry towards fit people like "your skinny ass" or "I have better things to do then go to the gym. The point I'm making is that it seems like your useing unhealthy people as a means to push a vegan lifestyle. I agree with your comments on animal cruelty but what does it have to do with fat people? The fact that you don't have to eat meat doesn't mean it's bad for you. I've heard all your claims and none of them make sense. Meat and milk have always been a central part of humans diet so sayign it's bad is untrue (I've even heard claims that womens breast milk is bad for babies). The diffrence is that they ate it in proportion with plants and vegtables, they had to be much more active, and there food were 100% natural. The reason they hand out food with alot of carbs is because it's cheap and provides the neccesary energy. All you have to do is eat it in moderation along with the other neccesaries. However, I do believe there's a conspiracy and that is the FDA. They don't allow dietary supplements or herbs i.e. flax seed, that are known to have beneficial effects to advertise it for it's purpose and is only allowed to make broad structureed statements. They require .5 - 2 billion dollars worth of testing for any drug to be placed on the market but then again, supplements are classified as food, not drugs, so it's impossible to claim to have medicinal benefits. They take a natural herb and synethesize it in a lab i.e. heroin is and opium is illegal but they sell methadone and codone. They let our food be tainted with chemicals and sell extermely addictive drugs but won't recgonize naturally, safe, organic foods.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Listen.I cycle ten miles to and from work everyday.
I have an incredibly physical,skilled job,which in my own personal experience,most average people just can not handle!

Whilst at work,from the start of my shift,until the end of my shift,i have no breaks, apart from breakfast and dinner breaks,and during these i will typically eat fruit and cereals.When i get home at night,i will cook myself a large,but healthy meal,and that will be the last thing that i eat that day!

I also forgot to mention ,that in my younger days,i played football semi proffesionally,so i am no stranger to looking after my health!

When i made my original post,i was speaking from the point of view of someone ,who has perhaps,just as typically a hectic life as mine,but maybe does'nt have the same willpower as i have! Not once in that post did i claim, that the fast food option, is the option that i take!

HOW DARE YOU JUDGE ME! YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW ME!!

Once you have walked a mile in my shoes,then,perhaps,i MIGHT listen to your opinion.Until then,keep your damned personal attacks to yourself!!

[edit on 26-4-2009 by scobro]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by scobro

Fantastic that you do as much as you do in a day, and cycle to work, also.

I knew what perspective you were writing your post in. I continued using you as an adress to other people. I did not mean YOU as in YOU!

Nope, I wasn't judging you, just fat people who try to use every excuse under the sun for being large!

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

So if i want to stay slim i must avoid meat and dairy? Well i am slim and i eat meat and dairy so i think i'll stick to it thanks. Small amounts of these foods is perfectly fine. If i ate the diet you are going on about i would be so so bored, i want to have a little enjoyment in my life thanks.

As for this whole idea about the studies. What i will say is that countries that consume meat tend to over consume it, the studies are therefore flawed. Few people know what the recommended daily amount of meat is. Meat is perfectly healthy, we are designed to eat an omnivorous diet, we just need to cut back on our consumption. I would like to see a long term study which followed people eating the recommended daily allowance of meat and seeing the incidence of disease in that test group.

As for the rest of the things like coke, sugary foods, aspartame etc, some of these should be eliminated completely, others should simply be restricted. Chocolate for example has many positive effects on the body in small amounts. Aspartame however, just never touch that evil stuff.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
First off Rapunzel you are typical of the mouthy, brainwashed, biased, completely annoying vegetarian with your blanket statements and obviousl agenda and one liners.

There is NOTHING wrong with meat. Lots of cultures for thousands of years have eaten meat. Same thing with dairy. Masai, Eskimos, Polynesians, Swiss of the Loeschantal Valley, etc. Meat has TONS of B-vitamins, iron and other beneficial nutrients and minerals. Raw dairy is one of the most perfect and healthiest foods you can put into your body. Along with eggs. Raw milk is a WHOLE FOOD! That means you can live off of it and NOTHING else. They used to use it to treat diabetes effectively before the creation of insulin.

The China study is bull# just like the 7th Day Adventist study you vegetarians quote non stop. All these studies have inherent bias and the manipulatin of statistics in them. I can point you to the Weston A. Price foundations website and disprove anything you say. But I won't because it's common sense. Whole food from pastured animals how mother nature intended is BEST! The only thing I agree with vegetarians about are the respect and humane treatment of animals. This is a MUST for quality food.

Meat from pasture free range cattle is much lower in saturated fat and much higher in conjugated L-Acid. Dairy is not meant to be pasteurized plain and simple. Chickens are meant to be free and pastured so they can be the grub eating, insect eating, scavenging pickers that they are. Our food supply is the problem. If you want to be a vegetarian that's fine. But please don't argue it's healthier because that is pure and utter bull#! The highly processed food that is meant to sit on shelves for months on end is the problem. Not meat and dairy.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
And to the other guy that said organic is less efficient and takes up more land and resources again is complete BS! That is government propaganda at its finest. The goverment has completely destroyed family farms and more people than ever have been removed from farms and pushed into the suburbs and cities where they have to rely on commercial farms and agriculture for their sustenence. Poor people are poor partly due to politics and economics not because we need mass produced and poisned commercial/industrial agriculture. There is enough food produced in this world to feed it 10 times over. So we produce food more organically and are only able to feed it twice over? There is still plenty of food. You know how much food is wasted every year? Americans live like gluttons and represent only 1% of the world's population. There is PLENTY OF LAND and resources in the world for organic farming. You have no point and a very poor argument for organic farming and organic in general. Typical.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Plus exercise is HUGELY important in being healthy. You can live off processed food and exercise regularly and still be quite healthy. The human body is very robust and as long as its basic nutritional requirements are met......exercise goes a long way to improving health and vitality. People are sedentary more than ever nowadays. If you exercise you turn your body into a blast furnace instead of a wood burning fire. I'd say exercise is AS important as diet when it comes to diabetes. Hell you could drink soda all day...........if you ran marathons and did hard physical labor on a daily basis you'd burn it all off anyways. People were MUCH more active even 60 years ago than they are today. EVERYTHING revolves around sitting on your ass nowadays. . We drive everywhere, we sit at work for the most part. Everything revolves around convenience and comfort. Not everything is based on diet. It's a double edged sword of diet AND exercise/activity.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join