It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biotechnology Company Provided Advance Warning of Mexican H1N1 "Swine Flu" Virus Outbreak

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I wonder if this is anything to do with the Fannie Mae guy killing himself - "don't worry about defaulting mortgages, they'll all be defaulting before too long - permanently, nudge nudge, wink wink."

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
If the incubation period of this bug is normal (3-5 days?)
Then it's probably everywhere by now.
Keep calm, no ones died here yet.
Lets just ride out this storm.

Try to be optimistic.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
www.prweb.com...

Replikins, Ltd. published a FluForecast® warning in April 7th, 2008, a year before the recent Mexico and California H1N1 cases. The company was able to state the likelihood of H1N1 outbreaks based on its patented Replikin Count™ genomics technology, which examines specific regions in virus genes which have been linked with past epidemics. The April 2008 announcement, attached below as published on the Web, stated that in H1N1 the company had then detected the highest concentrations of these specific regions ever seen, except for those from the 1918 pandemic which killed millions of people. Today, the company is actively pursuing licensing partnerships to apply its groundbreaking technology not only to early warning systems, but also to the development of synthetic vaccines to prevent or slow future epidemics. A synthetic H1N1 Replikins Vaccine is available for testing, and related products are described below and on the company's website.

(PRWEB) April 25, 2009 -- Replikins, Ltd. published a FluForecast® warning in April 7th, 2008, a year before the recent Mexico and California H1N1 cases. The company was able to state the likelihood of H1N1 outbreaks based on its patented Replikin Count™ genomics technology, which examines specific regions in virus genes which have been linked with past epidemics.

The April 2008 announcement, attached below as published on the Web, stated that in H1N1 the company had then detected the highest concentrations of these specific regions ever seen, except for those from the 1918 pandemic which killed millions of people. Today, the company is actively pursuing licensing partnerships to apply its groundbreaking technology not only to early warning systems, but also to the development of synthetic vaccines to prevent or slow future epidemics.

i thought this might deserve its own thread because it might be something to look into deeper.
i really hope someone isnt trying to make a buck off this flu outbreak in any devious ways.

I would like to know how many of these flu victims had a "flu" shot this last year. Just wondering.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by elitegamer23]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Fox News just stated that the US has plenty of antibiotics to treat this virus, so we don't have to worry.

Can someone let them know that antibiotics don't treat VIRUSES!

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
Fox News just stated that the US has plenty of antibiotics to treat this virus, so we don't have to worry.

Can someone let them know that antibiotics don't treat VIRUSES!

This would be humorous if it wasn't so tragic.
People in the media will sometimes say anything -
when they don't know what to say.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
If the incubation period of this bug is normal (3-5 days?)
Then it's probably everywhere by now.
Keep calm, no ones died here yet.
Lets just ride out this storm.

Try to be optimistic.

I agree. Stay as optimistic as possible and just make like there has been a big
snow storm outside that will keep you indoors for a few days - until it's plowed.
The writing will likely be on the wall rather quickly.
There is an important lesson in all of this. Sometimes we just need to stop.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I caught part of a radio interview last night that had four bio Drs on, one of whom did the bio weapons projections for the special forces and pandemic modeling for the CDC. All of them said the genetic combo in this flu makes it a definite lab virus. They were very, very strong on that point. The military Dr was even blaming China for the release and pointing out recent quotes by PLA leaders to support his position.

For that combination to suddenly pop up where it has just doesn't fit the models except for a bio weapon release.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I have no idea about this flu, about how it works.

Can anyone quickly tell me how it spreads?

And in theory if one was to stay inside their home without leaving can they not catch it. Meaning the flu cannot travel through the air into your house from a neighbour for example?

Also I heard something like this virus is more dangerous to "healthy" younger people!?

I have a feeling this is just another event that will soon be forgotten, no big deal. I sure hope I'm right!

[edit on 25-4-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Nothing surprises me anymore. especially since the government started taking land from hurricane victims of Katrina for not maintaining their lawns...even though the government shipped them all over the country and often there is no home to return to.... despicable ridiculous outrageous

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by retroviralsounds
Listen guys. This is the big one. As a micro/ molecular biologist for one of the largest biotech firms in the world, I feel pretty confident in sending a warning to anyone who will listen.

The outbreak itself is not the bad part here guys. H1N1 is only one of three major types of swine flu. Usually these three types fall into either Flu A or Flu C... but I have heard through the grapevine that this mutated strain will be falling into the Flu B category for the first time in the Swine Flu history. What does this mean for you and I, were all #ed. Thats exactly what it means.

Why are you saying it's Flu B if this article says Flu A?

And so does the CDC website.

How many swine flu viruses are there?
Like all influenza viruses, swine flu viruses change constantly. Pigs can be infected by avian influenza and human influenza viruses as well as swine influenza viruses. When influenza viruses from different species infect pigs, the viruses can reassort (i.e. swap genes) and new viruses that are a mix of swine, human and/or avian influenza viruses can emerge. Over the years, different variations of swine flu viruses have emerged. At this time, there are four main influenza type A virus subtypes that have been isolated in pigs: H1N1, H1N2, H3N2, and H3N1. However, most of the recently isolated influenza viruses from pigs have been H1N1 viruses.

Sorry, but now I don't buy anything you've said in your post.

Deny ignorance.

[edit on 4/25/09 by GirlNextDoor]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

I would be willing to bet that everything will turn out just fine at the end of this ordeal. This is not the first time we hear of an epic pandemic, mind you in Mexico.

Same here I heard that the flu supposedly targets military aged men (or something along those lines). But why the use of the word 'military'? Could they be involved somehow?

It just seems peculiar that every couple of years or so that we start hearing about a new pandemic, and the hype soon resides.

Lets just hope this is nothing too catastrophic, yikes

IC

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I'm in the US Airforce, today we had 5 operations at the base on how to deal with Swine Flu. Prepare yourselves.

This could very well be the beginning of "Depopulation". I sure hope not.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by DEM0N

DEMON - What type of helpful info did you receive in the exercises? Any other info on the issue given? Thx

link   

Originally posted by DEM0N
I'm in the US Airforce, today we had 5 operations at the base on how to deal with Swine Flu. Prepare yourselves.

What state are you stationed? Could prove interesting.

link   
www.prweb.com...

a synthetic H1N1 Replikins Vaccine is available for testing

why no talk in the msm about this vaccine that is ready to be tested. is this what we might be forced to take if this outbreak sprials any farther out of control?

im sure test subjects will be ready and willing to sign up.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Its a wonder the USA hasn't cried "ATTACK ATTACK" we are being attacked by terrorists with the Swine Flu, quick, who have we been planning to desecrate recently, lets blame them and then we can start World War 4 and make it look like we are fully justified in masacring whoever we choose to blame for this Swine flu.

Lets forget about the samples which went missing from Fort Derick, they'll turn up somewhere, we'll find out where they went when a community suddenly breaks out.

Lets forget about the samples that never made it to their destination, who knows where they ended up (only in America)

Now I know what the FEMA coffins are for, and the reports of mass graves being dug for the last 45 days. The USA government has got it all planned, they just have to time it right so the general populace of america doesn't wake up to what their government is doing to them. The FEMA trains, haven't quite worked out where they fit in yet, maybe FEMA will be rounding people up and telling them they are being taken to a safe facility to escape the pandemic, but on the way there they will be gassing the people.

I don't think I'm too far off...

Man I'm glad and lucky not to live in america.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Not sure where to post,please move if it's not good here:

www.upi.com...

MIAMI, April 25 (UPI) -- Health officials in Miami announced an apparent outbreak of meningitis this week that has killed four people and sickened 12.

Dr. Vincent Conte of the Miami-Dade Health Department said that the victims were infected with an unusual and unusually virulent strain of the disease, W135. The Miami Herald reported. Only about 3 percent of meningitis cases around the world are caused by that strain of virus.

The pattern of the outbreak is puzzling, Conte said, because those infected with the disease are scattered around Dade County. He said that the cluster is the first in the United States involving the W135 strain.

Could this be connected or entirely different? It too appears to be a non-typical strain.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwitina948

Originally posted by kiwitina948
Its a wonder the USA hasn't cried "ATTACK ATTACK" we are being attacked by terrorists with the Swine Flu, quick, who have we been planning to desecrate recently, lets blame them and then we can start World War 4 and make it look like we are fully justified in masacring whoever we choose to blame for this Swine flu.

Man I'm glad and lucky not to live in america.

im not sure if you got the memo but its not 'hip' to hate america anymore. that kinda died out when bush left office and obama stepped in.

anyways i fail to understand your point. shouldnt mexico be the one crying ATTACK ATTACK? its where the actually problem is right now and its alot more severe there.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
This whole ordeal is pretty crazy none-the-less. I agree with the other guy, its like you want to be really careful and protect yourself, but you dont want people thinking your paranoid about it.

I live in a house where everyone takes nothing seriously. We had our Tornado sirens going off when a storm came once and everyone just sat there watching there TV show like nothing was going on. Leaving me to be the one freaking out about it. And they put me out to be crazy/weird.

I think alot of people are going to just try to ignore this and pretend nothing is happening.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DEM0N

Uh oh, you are starting to worry me DEM0N.

That's interesting, could you tell us where you are stationed? Where this exercise was taken? , thanks

IC

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join