The Bill Clinton EO 13039 and the TWA800 flight

page: 1

join

posted on Feb, 5 2003 @ 05:17 AM
link   
FROM PRESIDENT CLINTON TO THE NAVY TWA FLIGHT 800

RECOVERY TEAM: THINK TWICE BEFORE SPEAKING OUT

by Ian Williams Goddard

The White House recently removed the all-too-revealing Executive Order 13039 from the White House webpage. EO 13039 removes the Naval Special Warfare Development Group (which contains the Navy units that recovered the debris of TWA 800) from federal-labor protections that include protections for whistle blowers. The rights of the Navy crew were revoked to protect "national security."

President Bill Clinton signed EO 13039 on the SAME DAY that the FBI seized the TWA 800 radar tapes from Richard Russell (03/11/97), which was just two days before PARIS MATCH was to run an article showing frames from the tape displaying an unknown high-speed vehicle near TWA 800, which was flying next to active naval-exercise zones.

As soon as the government found out that Russell had the radar tapes, they quickly seized them and the President signed an Executive Order that promises to punish Navy personnel who dealt with TWA 800 should they decide to blow the whistle on Navy wrongdoing. One could hardly imagine stronger indicators of intent to suppress the truth about TWA 800... directed from the very top.

Having a link to the White House webpage where EO 13039 was hidden apart from the other EOs was a powerful means to demonstrate the naked culpability of the federal gov- ernment in the downing of TWA 800. Well no more, EO 13039 has just been removed from the White House website. The government's policy: if the truth looks bad, erase it.

More : Link

posted on Feb, 5 2003 @ 01:24 PM
link   
EO13039 denied the government workers who were involved in top secret activity the right to form a trade union under the Federal Labor-Management Relations Program. It wasn't about whistleblowing. It was about unionizing.

www.multipull.com...

On another thread/area it's explained that the act wasn't removed, it was relocated to another point in the White House archive:
www.padrak.com...

The full text of the order is this:

Executive Order 13039

Executive Order 13039
EXCLUSION OF THE NAVAL SPECIAL WARFARE DEVELOPMENT GROUP FROM THE FEDERAL LABOR-MANAGEMENT RELATIONS PROGRAM

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including section 7103(b) (1) of title 5 of the United States Code, and having determined that the Naval Special Warfare Development Group has as a primary function intelligence, counter-intelligence, investigative, or national security work and that the provisions of Chapter 71 of title 5 of the United States Code cannot be applied to this organization in a manner consistent with national security requirements and considerations, Executive Order 12171 of November 19, 1979, as amended, is further amended by adding the following at the end of section 1-205: "(i) Naval Special Warfare Development Group."

WILLIAM J. CLINTON
THE WHITE HOUSE,
March 11, 1997.

...and you can see it in a law archive here:resource.lawlinks.com... ntent/Legal_Research/Executive_Orders/1997/military/executive_order_13039.htm

The Naval Special Warfare Development Group oversee the U.S. Navy SEALS. I don't see any Navy Seal being intimidated into backing down on a good whistleblowing if he or she thought it was justified.

And I don't think there's any reason for the Navy Seals and the other similar units to be unionized.

posted on Feb, 5 2003 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Eeer, what will I do without you Byrd ?

Thanks for your correction.

I'll sue the site.

new topics

join