It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Obama Spent Earth Day...9k+ Gallons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Change you can believe in.

Obama Earth Day Flights Burned More Than 9,000 Gallons Of Fuel

In flying to and from Iowa today, President Obama took two flights on Air Force One and four on Marine One.

The press office at Andrews AFB wouldn’t give me the fuel consumption numbers for the 747 that serves as Air Force One without the approval of the White House Press Office, which as I write this has yet to be given.

But Boeing says its 747 burns about 5 gallons of fuel per mile. It’s 895 miles from Washington to Des Moines, so a round trip brings the fuel consumption for the fixed-wing portion of the President’s trip to 8,950 gallons.

The trip also put President Obama on Marine One for round-trip flights between the White House and Andrews AFB and between Des Moines International Airport and Newton, Iowa, site of his Earth Day speech. It totaled about an hour of flight time. The VH-3D that serves as Marine One consumes about 1200 pounds of fuel per hour which comes out to about 166 gallons consumed flying the President today.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Geez when will people learn.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

It's good if he does it, Bad if we do it. Simple.

Al Gore had most if not all lights on at his house during Earth Hour, but he was trying to tell us one man cannot change the world only all of us, so He wanted all of us to go without while he went on with it.

(Sarcasm now turned off)

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Why couldn't Mr. Obama make a speech about Earth Day from the White House? Does this guy ever stop campaigning? Iowa is traditionally an early primary state. I wonder if this was the reason for his trip?

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Yeah but don't forget algore buys carbon credits to offset his energy use.

Also don't forget algore buys the carbon credits from a corporation he formed. So he pays himself for his energy consumption.

It's a win-win situation for algore!!!

Excelsior!

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
reply to post by Republican08

Yeah but don't forget algore buys carbon credits to offset his energy use.

Also don't forget algore buys the carbon credits from a corporation he formed. So he pays himself for his energy consumption.

It's a win-win situation for algore!!!

Excelsior!

Don't you just wish you could pull of that kind of stunt!?!

I wish I could impose a tax that pays me for using it, and also pays me for others using it. If not imposed now it will be.

Heck of a guy.

Believe in it or not, I watched his movie, and got sucked into it like a black hole, with his son almost dying, then figured out the reality, and felt sickened by it.

Some people Money Over Anything Else On Earth.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Oh, well. A Valentine's Day weekend in Chicago, transportation provided by Air Force One. A trip to Denver, to sign a bill that could have been signed in the Oval Office. It's business as usual for the elite. Sort of like Al Gore fitting his mansion in Nashville with green technology and yet his electric bill soared. Whatever................

I've long ago given up being shocked at what politicians do. Whether in office or out of office. Rules and lectures only apply to us peons.

Ronald Reagan having the solar energy collection devices that Jimmy Carter installed on the White House roof, dismantled? Didn't surprise me at all. Bono flying about the world in a private jet, proclaiming the evils of global warming? Doesn't surprise me at all.

Seems sort of sad that these things don't surprise me anymore. I guess I have become jaded.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Ha ha! Excelsior! I am serial! lol. I love South Park. Manbearpig, Global Warming (It's all George Bush's fault!) and You must respect my authoritie!! My favorite episodes. lol.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

And if he spent 9K on fuel efficient equiptment and planes what would you folks be complaining about then?

The mans the president of the United states, implementing a more green United states after what was an administration with absolutely no acknowledgement over the environment. His not going to change the environmental standards of the nation with fairy dust, what has been a general practice by all presidents aint ganna change overnight.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

And if he spent 9K on fuel efficient equiptment and planes what would you folks be complaining about then?

I think if he were actually concerned about the climate, he would've saved the 9,000+ gallons of fuel he burned and the carbon it emitted, and spoken from Washington. I know this idea is way above the threshold limit of a lot of people here, especially those who are still blaming Bush for everything Obama is doing
, but it would've accomplished the same thing, and saved 9,000+ gallons of fuel and not emitted any carbon.

The mans the president of the United states, implementing a more green United states after what was an administration with absolutely no acknowledgement over the environment. His not going to change the environmental standards of the nation with fairy dust, what has been a general practice by all presidents aint ganna change overnight.

I remember hearing Obama speaking a lot about Change during the elections. How many are still waiting for any change worth having?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

This thread is funny... The only appropriate response to this is....

So what?

He's the freaken President of the United States. I'm OK with him traveling, even on Earth Day.

Grasping for straws from the abyss of political irrelevancy is all this is.

top topics

join