It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After Mom's Wistful Remark, A Maternity Ward Inquisition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I can't believe they actually asked her about the child's conception.
Either there is more to this story than reported, or the hospital is in for a
major lawsuit. Hospital Nazi Squads, what's next?

Woozy from pain medication after a Caesarean section, swinging from joy over her newborn boy to exhaustion from the strain of delivering him, Karen Piper mentioned to her doctor that she'd been hoping for a girl. She would come to regret those words.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Damn! Moments after the birth of my third child I looked at my wife and said, oh, crap, it's another girl.
What the heck. I knew the baby would be a girl, even though we had asked to remain uninformed of the baby's gender. And then I said, oh crap, another wedding to pay for.
I guess I am fortunate to not have been taken to task for these statements. And, lordy, I am so glad my wife was never heard crying over the fact she was pregnant again. We love this girl, we raised her well. She always was and is still a sweet person. And now she is a loving mother, with a little girl that looks just like her. Oh, how sweet it is. How did I know our third child was going to be a girl? A shaman told me of this years before. I would have 3 daughters only. I forgot this, and when my wife was pregnant with our last daughter, I had a vasectomy. I guess it's all a big coincidence.
However, my middle daughter had a boy baby, and she handed him to me immediately after his birth and told me, here's the boy you always wanted.
And now I raise him. Along with her and my wife. Where's the daddy? You tell me. He's promised to visit him, to meet him, to support him. NOT. And now after 7 years, I think he will maybe go to jail for flagrant non support. And I think he needs to be there. Meanwhile, I am enjoying what he has chosen not to enjoy. 1500 dollars in 7 years. What a punk. Okay. rant off. Back to my daughter that we both were shocked to find out we would be having. What a joy she was and still is. Thank goodness we weren't persecuted for our actions. We in no way meant we wouldn't support and love this child. We were only saying........dayum! The birth control didn't work. lol.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Wow. That is absolutely beyond ridiculous. Makes me glad that the nurses who worked at the hospital I went to for the birth of my youngest knew me. I was so loopy from the c-section that I looked at the nurse when she told me how tall he was and told her I didn't think they came that big, and can't remember anything else about the first 24 hours after he was born. It's untelling what else I said, so I can imagine what this poor woman went through.

I could understand if she had been angry about having a boy or a drug addict, but an offhand comment about thinking the baby was going to be a girl and being too doped up on pain meds that the hospital gave her? That's not enough to decide the baby is in danger.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Wow. With my last I was 100% positive it was a girl. They done the ultrasound and told me it was a boy. I cried because I had never been wrong and really wanted a girl. LOL I very quickly by the time I walked out of the office became very happy I was having a boy. Started buying tons of boy stuff and guess what she came out all girl! Pregnacy is a very emotional time and then to be waking up from the c-section can make anyone say things they wouldnt say under normal circumstances. Very scary that mothers can be judged by that now.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Thanks for a great post.
I linked to your thread here www.abovetopsecret.com... in mine concerning the new HR20 act directed at giving Postpartum Depression tests to mothers before they’re allowed to take their babies home.

Some people find the Postpartum bill only designed for research and helping the mother with PPD - Sorry, I don’t.
I see the writing on the wall for what it REALLY means.

Thank you for the article.

If people can’t see what the Government is doing concerning the children of the USA - then they’re blind. IMO of course.

peace

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaydie

Yep, its all part of the powers that be needing as high a level of control over your offspring as possible. They get them before school when parents use television as a baby sitter or let their toddlers watch "Educational" television (proven to cut the child's attention span)... Then they go off to school where peer pressure (or school uniforms) teaches them to conform and they are indoctrinated with a version of the truth...

And the government has those child protective agencies to take away your child if you don't fit the criteria they deem worthy. Its bad enough they take a percentage of your income, but now they feel they have authority over your sexual reproduction, over your children... It won't be long until the paranoia about Climate Change and overpopulation make it so you have to fill out a certificate before attempting to have a child and you're request can be denied... And there are those groups that want mandatory DNA samples from all infants as well...

Its all part of the paranoia, the fear. They sway us one way using fear until we beg for protection from whatever boogeyman the PTB have conjured, and then they slap the chains on...

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Thank you, I just read your thread regarding the postpartum bill. This is like something you would see in a science fiction thriller about the future where "the state" controls every aspect of your life including your right to not only have a child but to determine how and who will raise the child.
I'm all for children being protected from actual unfit parents (like if they are drug addicts or abuse them) but from what this article says, that was not the case here. What they did was so over the top and out of bounds that it really is frightening.
Thanks for the great input from you and from the other posters.

[edit on 4/25/2009 by Zaydie]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I have a feeling we're going to see more and more of this happening. The 'state' feels they would be better parents than the natural one's. Sad state of affairs, but this is what the people voted for, and I guess they'll have to live with it or change it.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
It was unclear, was the authority invoked to refuse the mother access to her offspring that of the State government or the Federal government?

Exactly who is playing "Big Brother" here? Both of them? One at the behest of the other? And is the medical community compelled to participate? Shouldn't they be equally protesting this intrusion into what should have no place in government activity? Is there a 'personal' element at play here? I bet Millions of people have made similar utterances and subsequently declined the option of breastfeeding... Who determined, (and when, and under what consensus of authority) that such an action represented an 'issue' which would prompt this intrusive and abusive chain of event?

new topics

top topics

join